Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-15-2016, 02:31 PM   #1

New Trailer Quality

We just took delivery this week of our new 2016 29RKS w/Elite Package and I couldn't be happier with the fit and finish! Jayco did a nice job on this unit. This is our third Jayco in the last 4 years (x17z, 24RKS and now this one) and I really can't say anything bad about any of them. I know a lot of people complain about Jayco quality on this forum but I still think Jayco produces the best product. I'll bet that for every person complaining on this forum there are many, many more happy customers that you never hear from. That's the problem with the internet. It seems like only the people who have problems post. Mark me down as a happy camper!
Rick56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 03:21 PM   #2

Congrats on the new trailer and glad your happy. I'm very glad to hear they're on the ball right now in regards to quality. I assume they are making more trailers this time of the year and hope it doesn't affect the quality of our new camper. Our current trailer has been flawless and our new camper was built last week. Hope it makes it to the dealer and we can pick it up before the end of the month...
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 03:55 PM   #3

I'd say Jayco is one of the better ones, but not quite as good as some we've had in the past (those that were the best and went out of business in the recession). Even though Jayco is ok for now, I'd look to see more and more QC issues since they steadily keep increasing production to keep up with demand. Faster builds equals way more problems. Watch and see. Our Jayco has been fine although I continue to fix and improve to my standards. Next one? I'll build my own or go with a custom build. I only see builds and quality getting cheaper as the prices go up unfortunately.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE (#8)
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 07:09 PM   #4
JRD

How was your experience with the White Hawk 24RKS? What year was it?

How does it compare in quality with the new Jay Flight 29RKS?
JRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 08:11 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRD View Post
How was your experience with the White Hawk 24RKS? What year was it?

How does it compare in quality with the new Jay Flight 29RKS?
The 24RKS had some minor issues, all of which were cosmetic. The fit and finish was not as good as the new 29RKS but it was not that bad either. The main complaint about the 24RKS was the windows not opening up far enough; the trailer was very stuffy, especially in the bedroom. Our new 29RKS is "stick and tin" with traditional sliding windows. MUCH better ventilation!

The 24RKS was a 2015.
Rick56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 08:42 AM   #6

New to the forum and trying to do a post to determine the best wax to use on my 2015 Jayco WhiteHawk 24Rks. So far we are very happy with it.
Travelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 06:33 AM   #7
JRD

...The 24RKS had some minor issues, all of which were cosmetic. The fit and finish was not as good as the new 29RKS but it was not that bad either...
[/QUOTE]

With a couple of exceptions, I'd agree that the quality issues with my new White Hawk are relatively minor and most are cosmetic.

After taking the factory tour last summer, I wonder why there aren't even more issues. The guys worked at incredible speed and ran like ants all over the fifth wheel being assembled. The tour guide told me that there's an incentive to meet daily quotas and finish early because at that point the guys can go home. I was impressed with the process but didn't like the rushed pace I saw at the factory.

I eventually ordered the White Hawk 24RKS because I liked the floorplan and lightweight design and thought that Jayco was the best quality among other manufacturers making similar trailers in that floorplan. Also, the dealer is reputable and only an hour drive from me. We'll see how Jayco's good reputation holds up in the long haul.
JRD is offline   Reply With Quote