Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-12-2014, 07:47 PM   #11

^^^ you are seeing exactly the kinds of differences. There isn't going to be a major difference where you think "...ok, I get it..." It's a collection of little things that some really care about others don't value at all. Smooth side walls vs alum used to be that difference, but now. You can get fiberglass walls in each line...some gelcoat and some not, but it's all same vacuum bonded construction Jayco is so proud of.

clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 08:38 PM   #12
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSSELL5000 View Post
I took a drive to a nearby dealer with a lot of travel trailers in stock with my older son this afternoon. We looked at Whitehawk, Jayflight, and Eagle travel trailers.

(1) Maybe I am missing something in the specifications, but it looks to me like the Eagle offers better insulation and all that fiberglass gelcoat skin. I don't see much of a difference to the Jayflight otherwise. I don't know whether that is worth $3K or so to me, as I don't see us going anywhere (other than way south if we go at all) in November through March.

(2) The interiors of the Whitehawk and the Jayflight look largely the same. However, I notice the Jayflight has:

Larger refrigerator
Porcelain toilet with foot flush
Much greater cargo carrying capacity
Much greater water capacity
30 lb gas bottles versus 20 lb gas bottles
MSRP slightly below Whitehawk (about $1K)

So, I am thinking the Jayflight. I like the 28BHBE model because of the entry door directly into the bathroom and the longer and wider bunk beds.

Am I missing something obvious regarding the differences between the Whitehawk, Jayflight, and Eagle models?

Thanks.
Some of the differences you are seeing is because the Whitehawk is considered a "liteweight" unit, and the Jayflight is not.

Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 12:00 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubhouse View Post
^^^ you are seeing exactly the kinds of differences. There isn't going to be a major difference where you think "...ok, I get it..." It's a collection of little things that some really care about others don't value at all. Smooth side walls vs alum used to be that difference, but now. You can get fiberglass walls in each line...some gelcoat and some not, but it's all same vacuum bonded construction Jayco is so proud of.
Just received an email from Jayco regarding the Fiberglass siding option on the JayFlight line. Contrary to what the dealer thought -- the fiberglass walls on the Jayflght are NOT vacuum bonded and attached to the same wood framing that the alum siding would be attached to.

clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote