Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-09-2021, 06:26 AM   #41

I highly recommend the Ontario KOA on Lundys Lane in Canada if you can go there now. It is a stop right on the fantastic WEGO bus line. Cheap and great way to get around. You can take a side trip by bus to Niagara on the Lake as well. Canadian side views are great. I am glad I didn’t flat tow my Jeep. I didn’t need it or miss it at all. My week up there was a blast.
Old 05-09-2021, 11:13 AM   #42

We stayed for about a week at Four Mile Creek State Park in mid July 2019. It was very quiet and it was worth it for the sunsets over the lake. The free parking at NF was nice, saving around $10 each time we went as I remember. We also loved all the road side produce stands in the area and stopped every day for fresh fruits and veggies.
End of the road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 05:14 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnharrison View Post
Sad that the border is still closed because the view of the falls from the Canadian side is so awesome.
We stayed @ the KOA Niagara Falls Holiday on the Canadian side 3 years ago and it was a very nice park.
We stayed at at the Niagara Falls KOA on the Canada side in 2019. It is a quiet, fairly nice campground but the best amenity at that KOA is it is on the bus line. We bought an "adventure pass" online from the Canadian Park Service and it allowed us access to unlimited bus rides for 2 days. The bus was nice and it takes you to the falls and all the attractions around the falls. The "Adventure Pass" gave us free admittance into, if I remember right 6 major attractions including the boat ride that takes you right up under the falls. For me and my 2 grandsons (age 11 and 8) the pass was $208.00 total and it saved us over $200.00 off the price at the gates. Candeman if you can wait till the border is open I highly recommend you go to the Canadian side. It was no problem at customs crossing the border just check the Canada and US customs website for what you can't take across (Passport, guns, certain amount of alcohol, etc.) no big deal.
1998 HitchHiker II 31 RLBG (Sold 2012)
2002 Ford F350 7.3L Turbo, Crew Cab, DRW, 4:10 (Mint, Garage Queen)
TnHiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 05:26 PM   #44

Almost all NY state parks are fully booked for the season. If you are planning on going to 4 Mile Creek, book now.
RallyAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 05:35 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candeman View Post
People I am seeking info and recommendations on a RV park near Niagara Falls. I would like to plan a trip to the falls and asking for your assistance, I would appreciate any recommendations on a RV park or any suggestions Thank you.
I replied to your post about Niagara Falls already but then I noticed your city was Spring Hill. I live in Athens, Tn. We made a 2 week trip out of our Niagara Falls trip. I have an itinerary for the whole trip that includes all the campgrounds, rates, and miles between stops. Some of the highlights were Ark Encounter, Cuyahoga N.P., The Falls, and Gettysburg Military Park. We passed through the finger lakes region of New York and Pennsylvania. We really enjoyed the trip. God Bless and Great Camping.
1998 HitchHiker II 31 RLBG (Sold 2012)
2002 Ford F350 7.3L Turbo, Crew Cab, DRW, 4:10 (Mint, Garage Queen)
TnHiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 07:34 AM   #46

Niagara Falls

I was there a couple years ago and stayed at he KOA on Grand Island..
It was about a 16 minute drive to the falls.. I thought it was a nice place..
Bankercajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 12:33 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROC-REQS View Post
The Canadian side of the falls is the best view. I've heard you can walk across the Rainbow Bridge to get to the Canadian side, but don't quote me on that, not 100% sure if that's true.
Yes you can, once the boarder is reopened. We did it in 2019. Be aware there is a toll on that bridge, even for walkers! It was $1 a person, payable only in U.S quarters on the Canadian side. Make sure you bring change! We didn't, but the nice lady in the duty free store made change for me.

2022 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ Crew Cab 3.0L Duramax 4WD
2019 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 298BH
2013 Jayco Jay 1206 (Sold)
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote