Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-10-2019, 04:53 PM   #1

No hot water coming out of faucets

While dry camping, after 4 days, the hot water suddenly stopped coming out of all faucets. We had limited cell/internet access but came to the conclusion that it could be the ck valve. Found info on this forum and general internet search which led us to this conclusion. We cut our trip short, ordered new ck valve from amazon and installed today. All works well now. While researching problem we were unable to find any pictures of what this ck valve looked like or where to look for it. I am including them for anyone with similar problems.

As a side note, we contacted Jayco customer support 2 days ago and they called back today. The person I spoke to had no idea that there was a ck valve attached to the hot water heater, couldn’t find any info anywhere. She even talked to 4 other people there and they had no idea either. Okay, I get it. They don’t pay these people a lot, they’re not experts BUT cmon Jayco!! Give your employees the tools they need to actually help people who call in!! Please...I felt bad for the one I talked to and told her that I would send info to her. Should I have to train Jayco people?
Attached Thumbnails
42A7BD34-AC17-468E-B2DB-F552D7908401.jpg  

2015 Jayco Seismic 4212
Sassy Lassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 08:12 AM   #2

More photos. The black one is the one we removed and replaced with the brass. Our ck valve was located at the top of the water heater in the back. We removed basement walls to get to it.
Attached Thumbnails
D4213EF9-C58D-46CA-ACC3-5A8B74C972F6.jpg   0C02B4C8-E325-468A-BFD0-39FED4378457.jpg   EF9937EE-1A12-42D2-9D9F-86769C15E245.jpg   38650288-430D-4C41-BA46-395C8A8D45BC.jpg   ABCB356C-DCF2-49BA-9DEF-8C1378B14FAB.jpg  

2015 Jayco Seismic 4212
Sassy Lassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 09:37 AM   #3

Common occurrence with service departments unfortunately. My furnace stopped working suddenly. Had propane, had power, was just dead. I called the service department where I bought the camper. It was wintertime and cold and I was desperate. The service manager walked back into the shop and they all said I’d have to bring it in as they were clueless what to do if I’d checked fuses, breakers, propane, etc.
Bringing it in wasn’t an option, we were set up on a full time spot with a skirt on the trailer. I called a mobile RV tech and I was willing to suck up the cost for heat. He said “Dude, let me save you a few hundred dollars and me the drive out there”. “Crawl back to your furnace, find the little black rocker switch next to where the wires go into the case, flip that switch and I’ll bet she works.”
I did that and swoosh furnace kicks on and has worked ever since! I owe that guy a beer, he refused payment, told him he was my go to guy forever now.
Now why the heck did none of the “expert service techs” know this?! This is a huge service center/sales center that won awards the last few years lol. What a joke
430 amp/hr 6v battery bank
1000w Renogy hard wired inverter
2011 F350 Lariat, DWR 4x4, 6.7 turbo diesel
2017 Open Range, Mesa Ridge 374BHS
Screwby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 07:15 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy Lassy View Post
While dry camping, after 4 days, the hot water suddenly stopped coming out of all faucets. We had limited cell/internet access but came to the conclusion that it could be the ck valve. Found info on this forum and general internet search which led us to this conclusion. We cut our trip short, ordered new ck valve from amazon and installed today. All works well now. While researching problem we were unable to find any pictures of what this ck valve looked like or where to look for it. I am including them for anyone with similar problems.

As a side note, we contacted Jayco customer support 2 days ago and they called back today. The person I spoke to had no idea that there was a ck valve attached to the hot water heater, couldn’t find any info anywhere. She even talked to 4 other people there and they had no idea either. Okay, I get it. They don’t pay these people a lot, they’re not experts BUT cmon Jayco!! Give your employees the tools they need to actually help people who call in!! Please...I felt bad for the one I talked to and told her that I would send info to her. Should I have to train Jayco people?
Okay, I'll bite - what is a CK valve?
AnacortesArmyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 08:09 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnacortesArmyGuy View Post
Okay, I'll bite - what is a CK valve?

CK valve = 'check valve'. A 'one way valve'. The water can only flow in one direction.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote