Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-29-2017, 07:51 AM   #1

No warranty service is available

We can't get anyone to fix our new Jayco fifth wheel under warranty work. The place we bought it from, Terry Town MI, won't have time till late this year due to renovations. Before that it was the trade shows and then it was their busy season. They basically said we should have scheduled an appointment as soon as we bought it. Other all other guys in our state won't touch it because we didn't buy it from them and their guys come first. Some were down right rude. We looked into vouchers but our local non authorized dealer doesn't like Jayco because they don't pay. What is a guy to do?
dishow2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 08:54 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishow2002 View Post
We looked into vouchers but our local non authorized dealer doesn't like Jayco because they don't pay. What is a guy to do?
I have never had trouble getting reimbursed, longest I waited was 3 wks for a check.

Talk to JAYCO, pay the bill and send it in for reimbursement.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 09:26 AM   #3

Quote:
We can't get anyone to fix our new Jayco fifth wheel under warranty work. The place we bought it from, Terry Town MI, won't have time till late this year due to renovations. Before that it was the trade shows and then it was their busy season. They basically said we should have scheduled an appointment as soon as we bought it. Other all other guys in our state won't touch it because we didn't buy it from them and their guys come first. Some were down right rude. We looked into vouchers but our local non authorized dealer doesn't like Jayco because they don't pay. What is a guy to do?
Well, I assume you are in Grand Rapids, MI. as that is the only Terry Town I could find.
I would schedule an appt. with Jayco to take it to thier factory in Elkhart IN. Seems like a 2 hr drive would solve your problem.

2015 Jayco 27RLS
2015 Ford F250 6.7PSD
DanNJanice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 10:30 AM   #4

This thread confirms how happy I am I have a dealership only 5 minutes away and that is where I purchased. I've had to take it in several times and the first thing they always ask me is: "did you purchase it here". I'm sure they give first priority to their customers. They are a large family owned business and try to take care of us!!

2016 Jayflight 27BHS
2015 Ford F-250 Super cab LB, 4x4 6.2 L gas
kayakterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 11:35 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayakterp View Post
This thread confirms how happy I am I have a dealership only 5 minutes away and that is where I purchased. I've had to take it in several times and the first thing they always ask me is: "did you purchase it here". I'm sure they give first priority to their customers. They are a large family owned business and try to take care of us!!
The “large, family owned business” that serves our area for Jayco products and service wanted an ~$11,000 premium over what I paid for 31UL out of state. And that was special order, not out-of-stock. To my mind that was outrageous, taking advantage. Maybe $11,000 is pocket change for some buyers, but not me.
chasfenwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 12:02 PM   #6

Try this dealership in Clio they have very good to me. https://tradewindsrvcenter.com/

2017 Jay Flight 284 BHSW SLX
2014 F150 XLT 4x4 quad cab
2018 Ford F150 XLT Sport 4x4
2020 Ford F-150 Ltd Sport max tow
equalizer wd/sway
Redwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 12:18 PM   #7

Well, make an appointment today for first available date. Even if it's two months out, at least your on the schedule. You can always cancel if something else presents itself.
2015 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Crew Cab, Traded in
Bluegill1
bluegill1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 12:52 PM   #8

I called jayco as my local dealer would not touch as I didn't buy this one from them but jayco authorized the local starcraft dealer to do the work. The starcraft dealer said the same about payment. I paid them and within 2 weeks jayco sent me a check. A call to jayco would be your best bet. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 09-30-2017, 05:36 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasfenwick View Post
The “large, family owned business” that serves our area for Jayco products and service wanted an ~$11,000 premium over what I paid for 31UL out of state. And that was special order, not out-of-stock. To my mind that was outrageous, taking advantage. Maybe $11,000 is pocket change for some buyers, but not me.
If you don’t mind me asking, where or which dealer did you feel is is way over priced? Was it in Cincinnati OH? I am decent at negotiating and feel my purchase was not “too much” for the unit I got.
I don’t want to bash any particular dealers, I’m just wondering if it’s the same one Inwas referring to in my post???

2016 Jayflight 27BHS
Old 09-30-2017, 05:59 PM   #10

Quote:
Did you try Quality Products in Plainwell? They are a Jayco dealer. I have purchased 3 RVs from them. Also, there is a new RV service center that just opened up just south of I-80 driving into Middlebury. It's called Alligent RV Service.
HD Trailering Package with Integrated Brake Controller

Camping Couple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 06:00 PM   #11

BTW, the dealership I am referring to has locations in Dayton & Columbus OH; Indianapolis IN; Lexington KY as well as Cinti OH

2016 Jayflight 27BHS
Old 01-31-2018, 06:10 AM   #12

We live in Wisconsin and bought in Michigan because of price. We had to take our fifth wheel back to Mi to get it serviced before the snowbird season. They did fix one thing out of a list of ten. Took it to a local guy and paid out of pocket last minute so we could head South thinking we could get it fixed in Florida. Jayco service says they only pay once so if one attempt to fix it does not work we have to go to Mi to get it fixed again. Very unhappy. Went to Camping World in Fl and waiting on authorization to get repaired. Biggest issue is bathroom floor and shower pan moves when walking by but the shower track does not. This causes about 1/16 inch gap to open up with each step. Water leaks to floor and under shower pan. Shower curtains solved the water issue. Very unhappy.
Old 02-04-2018, 08:40 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
I have never had trouble getting reimbursed, longest I waited was 3 wks for a check.

Talk to JAYCO, pay the bill and send it in for reimbursement.
I agree with Grumpy! You should contact Jayco directly and get approval for the warranty work to be done and then find a local RV repair service that is independent of the dealerships you have tried. I have always been able to find local shops that are usually RV mechanics that left the dealerships to start their own businesses. You may even find a mobile repair service. Also, if you are a Good Sam member, they can help you find authorized repair services.
RVing all my life......1st Jayco
ETCrockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 08:55 AM   #14

I have been very dissappointed with the service scheduling at my dealer too. In a way, I am almost glad my warranty is up this month so I can quit being angry everytime I schedule an appointment and they tell me it is 2 months out. The former service manager started his own company so I will be using him going forward.
jd99336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 09:17 AM   #15

If people have been actually reading replies Jayco will approve warranty work at non- Jayco dealers. We even used a mobile tech for one warranty issue.

If you are not satisfied with your local dealer CALL Jayco and they will give you the go ahead to use a dealer of your choice.

Be pro-active!!!

2012 Pinnacle 36KPTS - Kitchen Pantry Triple Slide
Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's, Sailun G's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Larry G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 10:06 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETCrockett View Post
I agree with Grumpy! You should contact Jayco directly and get approval for the warranty work to be done and then find a local RV repair service that is independent of the dealerships you have tried. I have always been able to find local shops that are usually RV mechanics that left the dealerships to start their own businesses. You may even find a mobile repair service. Also, if you are a Good Sam member, they can help you find authorized repair services.
If you have not had much warranty work its hard to understand how difficult it is to get an RV dealer to address all the warranty issues you have.On our 16 Eagle 321 RSTS we have had warranty issues for 28 months.And currently Little Dealer Little Prices Phoenix Arizona are only addressing the ones they want to do!Calling Jayco is a wast of time they need authorization from the dealer before they will do anything here.For example bowed awning supports 9100 style.Called Dometic she said they had no contact from dealer.Also stated that is more common problem than not!Tomorrow sending certified mail to dealer and JAYCO documenting my problems!And unresolved warranty work.Attached pic cabinet doors no stain,just example of one issue Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Cabinet doors.jpg  
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 10:29 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreinv View Post
ICalling Jayco is a wast of time they need authorization from the dealer before they will do anything here.For example bowed awning supports 9100 style.[B]Called Dometic she said they had no contact from dealer.
If it's at a dealership JAYCO cannot force the dealer to do anything, they are Independent. Unfortunately you have a crappy dealer.

What I and others have referenced is contact an independent service person then contact JAYCO for authorization to get the work done.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 01:26 PM   #18

Warranty work

I called Jayco service telephone number trying to get mobile service since we are wintering in Florida. They said go to Michigan for service on old bad repairs and go to Florida service center for new issues. So we packed up the fifth wheel on Monday and drove it in. Now we are waiting for Jayco to authorize repairs, then we wait for the parts to get ordered. We will have to stay in Florida until everything is fixed.
Old 02-04-2018, 02:29 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreinv View Post
If you have not had much warranty work its hard to understand how difficult it is to get an RV dealer to address all the warranty issues you have.On our 16 Eagle 321 RSTS we have had warranty issues for 28 months.And currently Little Dealer Little Prices Phoenix Arizona are only addressing the ones they want to do!Calling Jayco is a wast of time they need authorization from the dealer before they will do anything here.For example bowed awning supports 9100 style.Called Dometic she said they had no contact from dealer.Also stated that is more common problem than not!Tomorrow sending certified mail to dealer and JAYCO documenting my problems!And unresolved warranty work.Attached pic cabinet doors no stain,just example of one issue Thanks
I'm not sure I see what you see? Wood, depending on what part of the tree, does take stain differently, especially on a maple or very closed type grain. Most would say this is the beauty of the wood. I did have a cabinet shop for 30 years and stained and finished thousands of cabinets over that time.

If you want the color to be even, then I can make a few suggestions you can easily do yourself. Find a Mohawk finish dealer ( a few in phoenix area) and you can go in, get a tinted top coat, they come in dozens of colors. You spray the wood to your desired finish and than get a catalyzed lacquer top coat in the sheen of your choice and finish it. This is typically what happens in lower priced cabinetry, they tone the sealer or top coat, rather then actually staining the wood, since it comes out even. Or, you use a man made product, vinyl or laminate to get a uniform look. Natural woods like maple are not uniform and do not take stain the same. Yes you can use pretreatment which will even out the color some, but, it does change the character of the wood.

I don't see this personally as a warranty issue. It's a choice issue, some will love the look others won't, doesn't make it a bad finish. JMHO

Good Luck with your other issues. Perhaps posting some pictures others can chime in and give you some suggestions that may make some of your frustration go away.

Happy camping !

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 11:22 AM   #20

No its the gap around the edge of the inner panel, no stain! How does that get past quality control?Thanks
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote