Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-25-2014, 07:46 PM   #21

Mustang, I like that air horn plan. I will look into getting one just in case. I started to set my truck alarm off and just let it blast.

Shorty

Shorty Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 08:03 PM   #22

If it's tenters being rude and raising the roof until the wee hours that don't want to play nice after you try to talk kindly to them and you don't want to involve the police, team up with the other neighbors the next morning and have their kids bounce a football or Frisbee of their tent repeatedly while you blast a little Hendrix, Who or Metallica in their direction making it impossible for them to get any peace & quiet to sleep off their hangovers. They'll get the message and quiet down the next night. The only time I won't bother them or complain is if it's a group of veterans getting together for a weekend meet up & retreat. Those folks deserve a break!

2013 Jayco Whitehawk 27DSRL
RDUBYA448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 08:09 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPCamper View Post
I would have waited until they went to bed. Give it another hour to make sure they are in a deep sleep. Pull you truck right up to their tent and lay on the horn for about 10 seconds. Or better yet, go pick up a portable air horn so you can blast their tent and make a quick get away.
THats what i was thinking BiG air horn

you can even buy a small hand held air horn at a marine store
mikebrls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 04:59 AM   #24

With these types of issues it is often best to do a quick risk/reward analysis. Mostly it is just my wife and I camping and to put our safety at risk by getting into a beef with a group of noisy campers may not be worth it.

Large groups fuelled with alcohol can become dangerous and a "mob" mentality can soon set in. Be careful and choose your battles wisely.
Old 10-26-2014, 05:40 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by cariboocreek View Post
With these types of issues it is often best to do a quick risk/reward analysis. Mostly it is just my wife and I camping and to put our safety at risk by getting into a beef with a group of noisy campers may not be worth it.

Large groups fuelled with alcohol can become dangerous and a "mob" mentality can soon set in. Be careful and choose your battles wisely.
I have to agree with that.It's nice to think about all these revenge ideas, but for me, I'll be traveling by myself and would probably just suck it up (to a point) and leave in the morning. Would rather be friendly even with annoying people and have someone to watch my stuff while I;m off riding the bike or boating around.(and hope they aren't thieves as well as noisy )

rick danger is offline   Reply With Quote