Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-22-2021, 08:48 AM   #1

Norcold 2118 Li oP code

Hey everyone,

Getting ready to call it a night last night and my wife and I hear beeping coming from the fridge in our new 5th. Thinking maybe the door was not shut tight I go to look and notice fridge light is off and a code Li Op is flashing and fridge is not running. Not what you want at 11:00 pm when you’re tired and ready for bed. I’ll note that a boomer of a storm just passed through prior with lots of rain and lightening. Anyway…I search the web and see a multitude of things but the easiest one was to look and see if a red light is solid on the tmc…which it was located on the outside of the Rv behind the fridge.
The fix called for a magnet like one might have on the end of a multi screwdriver and place it on the module next to the flashing red light to reset the unit. Well low and behold it worked and we didn’t have to scramble to find somewhere to store our food. While in there I did notice a lot of water in the area where there happens to be a lot of electrical components. You would think they could come up with a way to shield all those from the rain and still vent the fridge properly.
Beachbum2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 08:02 AM   #2

Had the same thing happen to mine a few years ago. Just like u after a big rain and water was on back side of unit. I took some alum tape and put over the box and up on the wall. Any rain coming in from top vent now will run over the tape and not trip the box.
Rock
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 09:04 AM   #3

Norcold 2118 issues

Wow…there seems to be a lot of problems with this RV refrigerator…almost to the point it should be on a total recall. I’m listening to what some people have been doing to try and get this fridge to keep their food cold and it is borderline absurd.
Beachbum2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 10:09 AM   #4

Norcold 2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbum2 View Post
Wow…there seems to be a lot of problems with this RV refrigerator…almost to the point it should be on a total recall. I’m listening to what some people have been doing to try and get this fridge to keep their food cold and it is borderline absurd.

Actually my Norcold 2118 works just as well if not better than any RV fridge (6) I have owned. Hopefully I'll feel the same after a few years use.....! Set on 3 and it's 32 degrees depending on outside temps. Usually set on 4 if it's above 80 deg. outside.

Mine is mounted in a slide which hinders it's air circulation, a 120mm fan to exhaust heat in the upper vent helps alot. My doors were not adjusted properly even after having my dealer look at it, (Crappy service dept) Any door seal leak and they struggle.
TS3 Hitch
Ms says I'm full of useless knowledge and other stuff...
ARoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 10:09 AM   #5

I added a fan to the outside top grill. Also put the three fan unit with led light inside. It goes against the inside metal chill grill and attaches with clips. It does a great job in fridge especially packed full. My problem I can get fridge cold but freezer never below 18-20. If I turn up past 5 stuff in fridge will frost burn or freeze. Nothing more I can do to get freezer colder since unit is either on or off cooling unit goes to fridge and freezer. Some people have the opposite problem.
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote