Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-25-2017, 08:07 AM   #1

Norcold questions or problem

I was out on a 10 day trip. I started the fridge up the day before leaving and loaded it up right before leaving. It seemed to be working fine on the lp for the first half of the trip. When I got to the camp site where I now have power I switched to electric which was working fine. Temps were in the 90s and had both ac units running. My son kicked the electric side of the water heater on and it tripped the breaker. I reset it right away and ran it on lp so I wouldn't have the problem again. The next morning I noticed the food in the freezer was no longer frozen and the fridge was in the red zone on the thermometer. I had no codes but switched over to lp. All the perishables went bad. Outside temps would drop into the high 60s during the nights and the fridge or freezer never recovered. They were cool but not enough to be useable. I had plenty of gas. If outside temps were the problem. Wouldn't it have recovered overnight? I read that the board might have to be reset but I had no codes. Do I need to reset the board even without a code? Do I have other problems?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-25-2017, 08:18 AM   #2

Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
What has the water heather to do with the Fridge, they are on different circuits. Your problem is apparently the Norcold fridge. Remove all power from your Fridge and set to auto and get back to this forum to what happen?
Pro Series 1200 lbs. WDH with Double Sway Bar.
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 09:06 AM   #3

I realize they are different. Just posted why the breaker on the poll popped showing it had nothing to do with the fridge. I don't have a auto. I have a option to choose lp or ac. I did shut it down for a few to see if it would reset.
Old 07-25-2017, 04:58 PM   #4

So... after a hard reset (breaker at the pole flipped)... you couldn't get the fridge working again on LP or Electric?

But it shows as being 'on'?

I would think the breaker at the back side of the fridge might have popped when the pole breaker flipped... but you should have gotten an error code (or blank screen) on the front indicating the fridge was offline.

Odd.
crumgater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 05:24 PM   #5

It was on but couldn't recover. The freezer was cold but not frozen and the refrigerator was cool but not enough to keep me perishables good. All my meats and milk went bad. I switched it to lp but still wouldn't get cold enough. It ran for another 4 days.

Old 07-25-2017, 06:48 PM   #6

I'd try resetting the board (although I didn't know you could do that?).

And if that doesn't fix it... see about replacing the control board. Sounds like it's running, but doesn't know where it's controlling to. The breaker-pop must have sent a surge to the board which upset the cart and maybe fried something.

Did you have a surge protector on the 30a connection to the pole?
If it wasn't a voltage spike, it could have been a short low-voltage dip as the electric heater came on before the pole tripped... but I'd think a board could recover from that, so hopefully a forced reset does the trick?
crumgater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 07:49 PM   #7

Might want to start looking for some greenish-yellow stain usually around the boiler area. If you see it not good.
poohbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 07:23 PM   #8

I used it last weekend. Started it the day before going out and only used the lp side. It was nice and cold when I got out to the track. As the days went on it did struggle to stay out of the yellow zone. Outside temps were in the high 70s.

Old 08-09-2017, 07:42 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by F419sr1 View Post
I used it last weekend. Started it the day before going out and only used the lp side. It was nice and cold when I got out to the track. As the days went on it did struggle to stay out of the yellow zone. Outside temps were in the high 70s.

Were you at Watkins Glen?
Old 08-09-2017, 08:42 PM   #10

No kids race quads. Headed to Loretta Lynns