Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-12-2016, 03:12 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACarvalho View Post
TopsailHill State Park in Florida... Have being there 4 weeks in the last year...

Yup, the best. Will be there in July!!

rsday75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 03:18 PM   #12

Gulf State Park in Gulf Shores Alabama, gonna be a cold Gulf in February though.

"Gonna buy a home on wheels see
how it feels going mobile"
mothernaturesson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 04:07 PM   #13

X2 on Camp Gulf we have stayed there the last 3 years.
And Destin has lot's to do.

2017 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax
lhpelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 07:32 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper_bob View Post
Don't Florida beaches have a strict "no dogs on the beach" policy? Perhaps it's only in the state parks, but I was looking a while back at places to go in Florida, and the feel I got was that Florida IS NOT a dog friendly place. At least insofar as beaches are concerned?
I believe it is not a general no dogs on beach policy, but certainly is at State parks. We camp yearly at Gamble-Rogers SRA at Flagler Beach on the east coast (right on the beach), and the park beach is no dogs, but on either side for miles dogs are OK.

On the main point, Saint George Island SP near Apalichicola FL is a fabulous camping park.

If I had anything better to do I would be doing it :)
snowbird47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 09:06 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbird47 View Post
I believe it is not a general no dogs on beach policy, but certainly is at State parks. We camp yearly at Gamble-Rogers SRA at Flagler Beach on the east coast (right on the beach), and the park beach is no dogs, but on either side for miles dogs are OK.

On the main point, Saint George Island SP near Apalichicola FL is a fabulous camping park.
Dogs on the beach is pretty much a county thing in Fla. Gulf county advertises as having pet friendly beaches, that is except the state park beaches. Fla state parks are a carry over of the enviro movement and their explaination is saving this beach bird or that beach mouse. Somehow pets on leashes are a menace to wildlife while screaming rug rats chasing soccer balls and what-not are fine.

Our favorite Fla beach CG is St Joesph P state park [st joe fla]. CG's are right on the beach [back side of the berm] and there is something like 10 miles of white sand beach with condos to the south and a park wildlife preserve to the north. Very private and very quiet. BUT no pets on the beach to save the St Augustein beach mouse. The condos to the south and a couple county beach parks must not like the mouse as they welcome pets and even have poop bags available. The CG at St Joe is small with W/E hookups and an easy wedge shot to the beach.

We went to St Joe for 4 years in Feb but moved to Tx this year because we got bored with Fla. Also St Joe pretty much ran out those of us who wanted to stay beyond the 2 week limit even though the CG was less than 50% full except for Pres weekend. As out of state'ers we were paying "good" money for extended stays but they held firm to making you leave the park for 24 hours before doing a 2nd 2 weeks, even though they had plenty of empty unreserved sites. By my count they have lost 8 - 10 extended stay campers to the tune of about $10k each month. Most left the previous year and moved to Gulf Shores in Ala.

Other than the beloved beach mouse and the 2 week limit, St Joe is an amazing park.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 10:30 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mothernaturesson View Post
Gulf State Park in Gulf Shores Alabama, gonna be a cold Gulf in February though.
A great park - AND they even have a dog park in the park, situated on a fresh water lake! Yet you can walk to the beach!