Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-11-2011, 06:40 AM   #1

Talking Ok, now this is just Torture ;-(

We bought our RV back in January at the show (our first), But our plan isn't to pick it till the end of this month. This works out fine, because the dealer is an hour away and we weren't going to see it till the pickup day. (Kinda the outta sight, outta mind theory ;-) We are so anxious to get it that we even went Campground scouting this past weekend.

Well, what do I see this morning on my way to work?!?! Our dealer is having a Mall sale, and guess what Trailer is the second in line?!?!!? Our 22FB!!! (well, not ours exactly. This one had white rims, we're getting aluminum rims;-)
I pass by the Mall 4 times a DAY!!!!! Really trying my patience they are!! :drooling:
MisterUg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 07:09 AM   #2

Hi MisterUg.

I know your pain. re: Cannot wait to go camping either.

As a suggestion, make a list of the little things you might need for your new 22FB as well. For example: Dishes, beddings, minor tools, cleaners, internal LCD TV, Media Player (instead of DVD media), Surge Protection unit, main awning flappers, etc, etc. Each week, buy your needed little items. And when "pickup day" finally comes, you'll be able to launch your 22FB much faster.

Congrats on your new 22FB purchase....

If wondering, I cannot wait for my 1st day of 2011 Camping season either. The wait is pure torture....

Spike99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 07:35 AM   #3

Already started with little things ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike99 View Post
Hi MisterUg.

I know your pain. re: Cannot wait to go camping either.

As a suggestion, make a list of the little things you might need for your new 22FB as well. For example: Dishes, beddings, minor tools, cleaners, internal LCD TV, Media Player (instead of DVD media), Surge Protection unit, main awning flappers, etc, etc. Each week, buy your needed little items. And when "pickup day" finally comes, you'll be able to launch your 22FB much faster.

Congrats on your new 22FB purchase....

If wondering, I cannot wait for my 1st day of 2011 Camping season either. The wait is pure torture....

So far, we have picked up-

9x12 Mat, Costco $49.
Wheel chocks
White hose
Portable BBQ
Awning Lights (w/ clips)
Stablilizer Jack pads
Gel type mattress pad
Keurig Machine for Wife
Adapter for electrical to house outlet.
Camp Axe
Cipa Tow Mirrors

We already had
Chairs/table, Dishes, Linen, Knife block, frying pans, pots, Cutlery, small vacumn, other asorted camping stuff ;-)

Next big purchase will be roof racks for the truck to carry kayaks. Oh, and a brake controller for truck, being installed this week or next.

A Generator is on my list, but I'm not sure that this will happen this year.

We've stopped buying some things, not being 100% sure if it's what we need for our trailer, but we're getting there!
MisterUg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 07:43 AM   #4

Your list is sounding great..... Great base of things...

As a suggestion, setup your 22FB within your driveway or front lawn and camp for 1+ full days. If you must go into the house for an item (like a can opener or scissors), they you know what to buy next. If wondering, my kids camped for 2 nights beside our home. Amazing how many times they had to come into our house for things. Simple things - like Toliet Paper (which we forgot to pre-load). And, flashlights to go from our TT to our house door.

Hope this helps as well...

Spike99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 09:19 PM   #5

Moving into the new trailer is always an adventure. Making a set up list and take down list is a good idea too until you have done it many times.
Life in the slow lane is still life.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 04:01 AM   #6

My brother-inlaw wants to get out this weekend but our weather is not looking so great for this weekend, even calling for a rain/snow mix. I could stay inside & watch tv @ home...just dont know what to do.
mlrtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 10:03 AM   #7
Site Team

Even if it is out of sight it will be difficult keeping it outta mind!
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote