Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-09-2022, 08:29 AM   #1

OMG shock

Waiting a dealer for stove recall and decided to look at the 5th and white hawk. Must say we were shocked at poor quality of finishes (good luck with nuts and bolts). In both units soft spots in floor and visual dips, trim does not line up and doors are crooked. White hawk has plugs at A frame that won’t last a season without someone covering them, this is just a few minute look. Only thing I liked was they had textured paper on one wall in bathroom. What happened to Jayco?
Sunshine67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 10:17 AM   #2

Maybe a Covid build
Old 05-09-2022, 11:40 AM   #3

No excuse for poor build quality, If a company has the Part ( whatever that might be )
There is no reasonable excuse for a employee too do a poor job with assembly,
If they don't want to work than leave ,let someone with a sense of workman ship pride do the Job ! Sorry Rant over ....
Jayco 330RSTS Gone
Jayco G2 bunkhouse Gone
herewego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 02:58 PM   #4

i was at an RV show last weekend and noticed the lower quality in the new Travel Trailer builds. the wall veneer's are extremely cheap.. Run your fingenaill along one and you'll see what i mean. Diniing table does not pass fingernail test as well. Cabinets are made with less material and inside closet walls are like paper thin, pull down blinds are made with very cheap plastics. On a Flagstaff i noticed the exteriors walls flexing when you opened the storage bay doors. also noticed cheaper axles are being used and less frame supports where visible.
kirkelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 06:20 PM   #5

They got sold to Thor and quality went downhill pretty quickly. Covid, and the associated rush on RVs, helped that slide even more. I wouldn't buy a car or camper right now... prices are insanely high, demand is insanely high and quality is painfully low.
spoon059 is offline   Reply With Quote