Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-19-2018, 07:24 PM   #61

Dkegel, yes, we have looked at the new ones and every single one has Schwintek slides. Seems Jayco is hooked on them. Most of them have more than one. You can tell if the slide is Schwintek by looking at the outside walls of the slide. There will be tracks at the top and bottom screwed into the outer walls. Non Schwintek slides are smooth on the outside walls.
Overogal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 09:38 PM   #62

I ordered a jayco x213 from the factory I love the trailer but it had a few faults that I had to return the trailer multi times to the dealer for repair. And I my buddy that also bought a jayco trailer off the lot and had multi faults as well. Either way you will find faults once you start looking at it closely. Also even though it’s a customer order trailer the factory doesn’t change anything it’s an assembly line they just will add different options but no different then if the dealer was ordering it. The Benefit I found from the factory order was I could add all the options from the factory cause the dealer didn’t have what I wanted. Also the price should be the same at least for me I didn’t have to pay extra for the factory order. It’s actaully cheaper for the dealer cause they don’t have to pay for the trailer to sit on the lot.
Fountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 09:45 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldfacemt View Post
We bought off the lot a rig someone had not taken and the dealer really wanted it sold so got great price. We were going to order. May I suggest if you order do so in December or January when the demand is a bit lower. Thinking that the techs will have a bit less demand and so can take more time.
That is a good a suggestion.... Hasn't thought of that
dmatt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 09:51 AM   #64

Could always go pre owned believe me a lot less stress than a new camper!And a whole lot better price especially if 3 years are older.We have owned two new campers 10 years apart nothing changes same ole BS.
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 01:26 PM   #65

We had very specific floor plan in mind

My husband is disabled so we had very specific needs in a floor plan. I found my model on the jayco website and then found it on the internet.

The dealer was not fabulous but the trailer is amazing and just what we wanted.
cathidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 10:54 AM   #66

I don't know if you made the buy yet but here are my two cents. My first purchase was an unmitigated disaster for the sole reason that I did not do a proper pre-delivery inspection. I had gotchas that I was months getting squared away. And of course by the time that I found them it was hundreds of miles away and off the Dealer's lot so they weren't terribly motivated to fix them. The second time that I bought from a dealer I had a 5 page inspection list that I got from this forum in fact and I spent 3 hours combing over my new camper. I found numerous gigs all of which they fixed to my satisfaction before I hitched up and rolled out and I haven't had any issues since. My advice is buy from a dealer what do a darn good inspection first.

Darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 11:51 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by twdenman View Post
Why is the bedroom slide important to be on passenger side of RV? For us, that would crowd our outdoor living space. That's where we grill, watch TV, and sit under awning.
Some of the places we visit are friends / relatives who have no place for us to park except on the street in front of their home. So when we are parallel parked along the street, we can't put out slides that intrude into the street / traffic lane. Same goes with most rest-stops that we might stop and catch a few hours of sleep.

Our Seneca FK outdoor living area does not get impacted by our bedroom slide being out on the passenger side. There are very few MH's or 5er's without any slides on the passenger side... the floorplan we liked has the slide all the way to the rear of the rig and the outdoor area is forward - works well for us.
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 12:17 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayersZ28 View Post
I haven't seen many fivers that I could get to 95% of the cabinetry with all the slides in.
We have not either... Even our friends big Raptor has to have the slides out to get to the kitchen, fridge and pantry to just load food in it. If they want to stop and make a sandwich, both of the slides have to come out(both sides) - not that easy in a rest-area or while at a fuel stop. But there are some floor-plans that you can.
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 12:49 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloPoke View Post
We have not either... Even our friends big Raptor has to have the slides out to get to the kitchen, fridge and pantry to just load food in it. If they want to stop and make a sandwich, both of the slides have to come out(both sides) - not that easy in a rest-area or while at a fuel stop. But there are some floor-plans that you can.
We can access the fridge, m/wave and certain cupboards with all the slides in. We can also use the bathroom and bedroom without putting out slides. That last two were mandatory in a floor plan. Quite a few block the bath/bed access when slides are in. In a Walmart or rest area overnight we can put out the DS slide and have seating and full use of things we need but we rarely do so.
PlayersZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 04:53 PM   #70

In are Eagle RSTS can get frig door open and access the bath! Barely
Old 09-24-2018, 04:54 PM   #71

Thanks for all the replies. I'm sure we will find what we like on one of the dealers lots, in the past we have. Seems like ordering doesn't mean better quality control.
dmatt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 05:23 PM   #72

No for sure!
Old 09-24-2018, 06:34 PM   #73

In our Eagle Premier we have a clear, generous path to bathroom and bedroom and can open 3 doors of our 4 door fridge with the slide outs in.
Overogal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 03:47 AM   #74

The only thing ordering does is get you exactly, to a T, what you want. Nothing more, and certainly not a better quality one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmatt13 View Post
Thanks for all the replies. I'm sure we will find what we like on one of the dealers lots, in the past we have. Seems like ordering doesn't mean better quality control.

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote