Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-01-2015, 11:16 PM   #21

Just a few points to ponder....
1). You don't need to buy an RV. The dealer Needs to sell you one. You're in the drivers seat.
2) be prepared to walk if you don't get the deal you want. Don't let emotions and wants get in the way.
3)Sign of good a negotiation is when both sides come away feeling like they've been screwed.
4) Build a relationship with your saleman/dealer. You are more likely to get more out of the deal.
5) Bargain for discounts in the parts dept when dealing on the unit you buy. Say 10-15-20% off parts for the first year or season etc. rv parts are GROSSLY overpriced to begin with.
6) the dealer you buy from is more likely to treat you better than the one you didn't when it comes to warranty repairs. Going to a dealer farther away to save a few hundred bucks and then expecting the local dealer to jump for you because he is closer is not fair. Chances are you shopped his showroom to figure out what you wanted and then looked for a price elsewhere. (They did the work for the sale- the other dealer got the sale just on the price) remember my relationship comment.
6a) try to buy local as much as you can. Every dollar you spend outside your community will not make back to your community. Money you spend in your community will be recycled in your community.

Sorry got carried away...

good luck, enjoy the hunt.
PhyerPhyter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 01:27 PM   #22

Any dealer that does not include a batt and propane is not worth doing business with, you should walk away. It may be against the law to tow it out of lot with out a batt if the tt has elecbrakes as the batt is required for emergency stopping should the tt become disconnected from the tv. Again you are dealing with a low ball dealer. His service dept is probgably no better than his sales dept. my .02$ Larry. ps I didn't know about those things when I bought mine thank god my dealer sold me a complete unit. Hitch w/ friction sway, two full propane tanks, correct elect connection and a batt.
Old 04-05-2015, 08:10 PM   #23

We were able to negotiate: Upgraded propane tanks to 30lbers. 2x6Volt batteries. Maxx Air covers. Interior protection package.50% off a yamaha3000 generator.

This is all from a dealership in a town 2 hours away from me. The dealership on the exact same trailer in my town was $5000 more and would only throw in one 30lb propane tank and one maxx air cover.
Ask for anything you want. Worse thing that can happen is they say no sorry.
Rammer is offline   Reply With Quote