Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-09-2022, 05:06 PM   #41

My Greyhawk will be about $300 for a full fill. Less driving coming up for sure as my indexed pension went up $23/month in January
Groveite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 05:20 PM   #42

I am using something I have not used in years. It is called gasbuddy.com it finds the cheapest gas near you. We found Sams Club and one other station at 399 a gallon. We are in SE Michigan. Good luck Love a good easter egg hunt.
spark of insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 05:25 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by spark of insanity View Post
I am using something I have not used in years. It is called gasbuddy.com it finds the cheapest gas near you. We found Sams Club and one other station at 399 a gallon. We are in SE Michigan. Good luck Love a good easter egg hunt.
We've used that a lot. Just back last month from a 14 state 4000 mile run and filled up at PH Sam's before the Bluewater bridge. Gas nearing $7.00/ gal here. Hoping to pick up the full EV in a couple of weeks (ordered early Oct) and the just have 1 gas guzzler 😎
Groveite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 05:27 PM   #44

It's A Real Ouch in Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE MEEKER View Post
Gasoline went up 22 cents per gallon overnight (March 2) in my neighborhood. This morning I spent $118 to fill up my F-150.

At dinner tonight, my DW asked me what would be the highest price of a gallon of gas I would pay until considering canceling some trips. I told her whatever, I’d just pay it. I suggested we look at cutting down on other expenses. She suggested my beer bill. I suggested look somewhere else.
In Winnipeg Canada we are paying $1.74 cents per litre (3.785 litres per US gallon means $6.58 per US gallon). We have some of the cheapest prices in Canada so when you complain about gas prices think about us.
Tenttrailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 06:04 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxLoser View Post
I’ve been filling mine up at 1/2 tank. Less shocking that way.
I get the logic! Unfortunately, the prices go up overnight and then you'll pay more for less gas... I remember when I bought my 1st tank of diesel for my new truck in December 2016. I paid $2.35 a gallon.
Old 03-09-2022, 06:23 PM   #46

Yeah. Expensive is expensive regardless of how much I get. More of a head game with myself. And I can get it all in one transaction. For now.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 10:21 PM   #47

Gas savings

Now if only my little Prius could tow our motorhome….
Old 03-11-2022, 01:53 PM   #48

We are going to keep camping as long as we can because at our age only God knows what tomorrow will bring. Our trips might be closer to home but at 75 it keeps us going.
2019 RAM 1500 Laramie 4X4 5.7 Hemi.
2019 Jayco Hummingbird 16 MRB
DennisH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 02:08 PM   #49

I get 9 mpg while towing my camper. At 4.25 a gallon, it's costing me just under 50 cents a mile.
TCNashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 04:18 PM   #50

My truck is a gasser and flexfuel at that. Corngas doesn't present any different driving ability with my truck.
I did the math a few years ago and if corngas is 20 cents a gallon cheaper than the real stuff, it's a wash in $$ per mile traveled. Flex is 60 cents a gallon cheaper here the past few days. It's what I'm using now as long as it's that much less.

"We'll be friends until we're old and senile,....then we'll be new friends."
muckinfuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 04:53 PM   #51

Angry Ouch - try British Columbia

Here in the interior of British Columbia in our little city the price cracked the $1.99 level this morning - at 3.80 litres per US gallon that is just about $8.00 for a US gallon and our illustrious Prime Minister is adding another carbon tax increase on April 01, 2022. Our travel plans to head south to be with relatives in Washington State probably will not include the truck and trailer. On a good day my Toyota Tundra gets about 12 to 14 mpg pulling our trailer and without the trailer a max of 16 mpg. If they removed some of the taxes that pay for the non essential stuff that politicians brag about it would take roughly 58 cents off a litre of fuel but instead our government piles more taxes on - it's to save the world you know. In the province of Alberta effective April 01, that government is suspending the gas tax for the province but our Premier likes taxes so he said it was all for the good - I guess we all suffer. Enough of my rant - if you come north of the border this year expect to get really hosed.
George and Candace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 06:14 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by George and Candace View Post
Here in the interior of British Columbia in our little city the price cracked the $1.99 level this morning - at 3.80 litres per US gallon that is just about $8.00 for a US gallon and our illustrious Prime Minister is adding another carbon tax increase on April 01, 2022. Our travel plans to head south to be with relatives in Washington State probably will not include the truck and trailer. On a good day my Toyota Tundra gets about 12 to 14 mpg pulling our trailer and without the trailer a max of 16 mpg. If they removed some of the taxes that pay for the non essential stuff that politicians brag about it would take roughly 58 cents off a litre of fuel but instead our government piles more taxes on - it's to save the world you know. In the province of Alberta effective April 01, that government is suspending the gas tax for the province but our Premier likes taxes so he said it was all for the good - I guess we all suffer. Enough of my rant - if you come north of the border this year expect to get really hosed.
What is your tax for, remember oil will be gone around 2050 not in our lifetime. Do we just say forget about our children and let them fend for themselves?
Old 03-11-2022, 11:29 PM   #53

Interesting question - our gas taxes are used for- if you talk to and listen to our Premier the money is used for things like social services, new initiatives to prevent climate change - they used that as excuse for the flooding in the Lower Mainland but we are never told what it really is used for. Everyone in the Provincial Government knows it goes into General Revenue - pick you choice on what it really is used for. The most recent valuation of the tax for 2021 was it brought in 2.4 billion dollars to the Provincial and Federal Governments. The BC portion of the tax on a litre of gas is about 27 cents a litre then the Federal Government adds in the 5% Goods and Service tax on the whole amount - we actually pay taxes on the carbon tax and Federal excise tax- double taxation you say. Outside of the city of Vancouver in the interior that adds up to about 50 cents plus per litre. Interesting fact even with the carbon taxes added on British Columbians are using more fuel than we ever did. Electric Cars - they actually get funds from the BC government to install electric charging stations.
George and Candace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 12:00 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCNashville View Post
I get 9 mpg while towing my camper. At 4.25 a gallon, it's costing me just under 50 cents a mile.
That’s about what I get as well. Just finished the drive from Huntsville, AL to Destin, Florida for the week. Trying to avoid the math on the 2.5 fills ups it took.

Still, wouldn’t want to cancel the trip, regardless of gas prices. Enjoy camping too much I guess….
Ranger431 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 09:23 AM   #55

Lots of people here have a substantial investment in the RV lifestyle. Not just $$, but in dedication to rving in general. Speaking for myself and DW, we will continue to travel. We do have to make some concessions. Our next trip will be to a new rv resort 85 miles from home.. We've never been there and look forward to a new adventure as much as places further away. Hopefully this a temporary issue.
Jacjayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 12:01 PM   #56

The gas gauge in my dually showed half full before I filled it up this week, and it cost me $97.50 to fill it up. That kind of stung...

My wife and I aren't able to retire yet, and we both work a lot of hours, so we are limited to about a half dozen trips per year with our camper. None of those trips are more than two hours from home, so the price of gas isn't a deal breaker. We're making some adjustments to our grocery buying habits to help offset the fuel prices.

Our visits to the local bars and restaurants are also more infrequent. The only advice I have for the owners of those establishments is that they need to urge their patrons to vote better in the next presidential election.

My dually gets 6 miles per gallon pulling the camper. It's a '96 model we bought used for $13,000, and it was fully paid for 22 years ago. It's the most economical hauler on the road.
etex211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 02:50 PM   #57
RPR

Gas here in Huntsville area dropped 10 cents a gallon over night.
RPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 03:11 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPR View Post
Gas here in Huntsville area dropped 10 cents a gallon over night.
The price per barrel dropped 27% since the high. It's below $100 a barrel now. The speculators are losing the bet that the Ukraine is going to dramatically upset the oil supply so they are reluctant to pay higher contract prices.
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 07:05 PM   #59

201 litrein WPG - Diesel
XMEDIC73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2022, 11:11 PM   #60

I spent last year finding and buying a truck and travel trailer. My oldest is 17 and I have been planning our summer trip for over a year. It sucks that we will have to pay so much for gas, but I'm in it this far. As long as we can afford the mortgage and food I'll pay what I have to in order to make this trip happen. The memories will be worth whatever I have to pay to make them.
2 kids
1 dog
jb7706 is offline   Reply With Quote