Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-23-2011, 09:09 AM   #1

our third day

O.K. as you now I posted that the little lady and I was heading out on our first ever RV excursion. Well this is our third day and we haven't killed each other yet, so I guess we might make it. We are at Chula Vista RV resort, what a great place. I told the lady at check in that this was my time and she asked me IF I WANTED A PULL THROUGH spot. I said no I have to back in some time so I'll start now! She gave me a great spot and I made it the first time. I brought my camera but not the cord to hook it to my computer so I'll post pictures when we get home. Thanks for the words of confidence from everyone before I started on this trip.
Joe
joe in calif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 09:21 AM   #2

Have a great time.
Reese straight line dual cam
17k wd hitch
2005 GMC diesel
Crew cab long bed
:Flag:
bounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 09:52 AM   #3

How did your tv do?

:cool: 2013 F150 STX Super Cab With Factory Tow Package, Inegrated Trailer Brake Control, 5.0 Liter with 3.55 Gears and Posi Traction :cool:
villain2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 11:12 AM   #4

Sounds great Joe! If you can get through the backing in process without killing each other - then you will have a great rest of the trip lol....When we first started that was my greatest frustration. Having backed large vehicles for most of my life, my DW was not used to signaling and directing. We have it down now and it goes very smoothly.

As you can tell, most everyone is very friendly out there when you are camping. If you run into any problems or questions - go ask a neighbor and most are really glad to help out.

2009 JayFlight Manual Library

Want to add a signature to your posts? --> Click Here
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 02:33 PM   #5

A set of walkie talkies makes it easier when backing up your rig. My wife use them everytime I back the trailer.
Reese straight line dual cam
17k wd hitch
2005 GMC diesel
Crew cab long bed
:Flag:
bounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 02:38 PM   #6
Site Team

Glad to hear all is going well. Enjoy your stay.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 06:13 AM   #7

Like Bounder, my husband and I use walkie talkies too. If we are traveling with another couple we leave one with them in their tv and we take one. Makes it a lot easier!
kopskamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 09:29 AM   #8

Yep! Walkie Talkies are great! The biggest thing for the two of us was learning to communicate using the same language. The perspective of the person outside and inside are different - so being specific about left/right/front/back/over/etc took a little time, but now we have it down pretty good. She was so proud of herself the first time she backed me right on the hitch

2009 JayFlight Manual Library

Want to add a signature to your posts? --> Click Here
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 06:07 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounder View Post
A set of walkie talkies makes it easier when backing up your rig. My wife use them everytime I back the trailer.
How did your tv do?

My son gave me a set of walkie talkies for Fathers Day, I think my wife was snooping around this message board and gave him a hint!!
The TV worked great, I hooked up the cable and did a scan for the channels and it was fine. We live about 95 miles from where we stayed but haven't been in that area for a long time so we were able to play tourist and do some sight seeing on this trip. All in all we had a great time and looking forward to our next trip, Probably in August.
Attached Thumbnails
Chula Vista RV Resort 003.jpg   Chula Vista RV Resort 004.jpg   Chula Vista RV Resort 022.jpg  
joe in calif is offline   Reply With Quote