Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-27-2015, 11:02 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownie View Post
Now that's what I call a well-stocked kitchen!
You couldn't get by with that where we camp, There was a man last year that had to pay a $250.00 fine for having a open can of beer on his camp site.

Old 02-27-2015, 11:27 AM   #22

[QUOTE=OurJayco;273754]For us, one of the benefits of having an outdoor kitchen is keeping things outside and not having to track dirt and mud inside everytime we need something from the fridge inside.
I have made a few mods to my outdoor kitchen such as the new faucet:

Now that's just what I had in mind for my outdoor kitchen. Not much else to ask for with that setup.

Tunce the traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 01:04 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch Pin View Post
You couldn't get by with that where we camp, There was a man last year that had to pay a $250.00 fine for having a open can of beer on his camp site.
The state parks here in North Carolina are like that, so we look for private campgrounds that allow us to consume... If we have to SP it, then we leave all the beer/booze at the house. Not worth the hassle of dealing with the law.

Back OT, Yes, if our camper had one I would use it. This is our first TT and we bought it used, so options were not all that we wanted, but the price was right and we paid cash. Our next one will have an outdoor kitchen.
2017 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Z71
SMS1115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 01:21 PM   #24

Okay that's the best outdoor kitchen I've seen.
Old 02-27-2015, 01:43 PM   #25

We love the outdoor kitchen on our trailer. Cant say we use the sink or microwave very much, but the fridge was worth the cost along to me. I ditched the factory grill and rigged up a Coleman XL roadtrip to a 50' hose allowing us to place the grill where ever, away from the camper. Our outdoor kitchen has a huge pantry storage area that is real nice to have.

As long as we have kids, I'll never be without the outdoor kitchen. If it was just me and the wifey, we could get by without it. jmo.
Old 02-27-2015, 02:11 PM   #26

We have a 2015 Jay Flight 23 RB, it has a built in outside fridge and we love it, we don't have a need for the outside kitchen.
Old 02-27-2015, 02:55 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch Pin View Post
Some of the state parks here in TX are pretty strict about it too. We had a Shiner Bock box that we were keeping firewood in, and the park ranger asked us to stow the box because "public display" wasn't allowed. While he was talking to us, I was standing in front of my bottle of Seagrams VO so he couldn't see it

Anyway, to the OP: I wasn't at all interested in an outdoor kitchen when we were shopping for our TT. I looked at it as redundant. Since we went from tenting straight to a 33 ft TT, we already have everything we need to make our own outdoor kitchen if we so choose. I have propane grill, large propane burner (think turkey fryer), small propane tabletop burner, propane lantern, and Little Red Campfire propane camp fire. I carry a 20lb tank for the Little Red Campfire, so my plan is to buy a propane tower to put on that tank, then I can run all my propane appliances wherever I want with the lantern perched on top for light, and I'm not tied to the TT, so I can have my "kitchen" wherever I want.

All that being said, it would be nice not to have to get up from my seat at the campfire if I want another adult beverage. But if it ever becomes a problem, I have a ton of cooler options to choose from.

2014 Jay Flight 28 BHBE
2015 RAM 2500 6.4L HEMI, Tradesman 4x4, 3.73
Blue Ox SwayPro (BXW 1503)

Upgraded from an REI internal frame backpack and a Eureka 1/2 dome tent!
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 07:41 PM   #28

OurJayco - How do you access the faucet to replace it?
MikeFSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 07:47 PM   #29

In 1976 we bought our first camper a Rockwood tent camper with the pull out kitchen and we loved it. So when we started shopping for a TT we wanted a out side kitchen but when it came down to it my wife wanted the White Hawk DSRE more. And like others have said we already have ever thing for outside cooking and we have the outside frig. It still would have been nice but no regreats

2016 Chevy High Country CC 2500 4x4 Duramax
30 DSRE White Hawk
xtruckerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 09:46 PM   #30

I felt the same when I bought the 28 BHBE about a year ago. I acquired a folding kitchen table and an induction hot plate, and it's been great. Glad I didn't waste the inside space at this point. I bought Camco Model 57293 for about $90, works well, available on eBay with free shipping. Good luck.

RKHengst is offline   Reply With Quote