Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-07-2010, 06:03 PM   #1

Outdoor Gas Grill

I'm looking for a Jayco outdoor gas grill. Been to the Jayco website and my dealer's website, but see nothing of the sort.

Does one exist? If so, how do you like it, where did you get it, and do you have a picture of it?

Thanks.
Ray
Ray364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 06:56 PM   #2

Are you looking for a grill that connects to your trailer gas line or a seperate gas grill? If you are looking for the one that connects to your TT, I think it is called the "RVQ" and it looks something like this:
http://store.rvdirect.com/rvdirect/d...p?ITEM=4500030
There is a gas line connection under your trailer for the gas and there is also a bracket that holds the grill on the RV. Is this what you are asking about?

Daryl and Sandy
2013 Eagle 314BDS
2014 Ford F150 Platinum, 4 x 4 Crew Cab with Ecoboost
Equal-i-zer Hitch
OurJayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 06:55 PM   #3

Yes, one that hooks to my trailer. I didn't see one at my dealer's store and for the life of me, I cannot find one on the Jayco website.

Doesn't Jayco offer one as a part or an accessory?

Thanks.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:21 PM   #4

I do not think Jayco offers that grill, but they have their RV's set up for the grills.
I personally did not want a grill that close to my trailer with all the grease splashing on the side and the heat of the grill that could do damage to the side of my TT. My Brother-in-Law owns the same grill and uses it on their JayFeather 23B. He has not had a single problem YET. I simply do not want the problem.
I am not sure if our Jayco dealer offers/sells them, but again, I did not want it.
I use a charcoal grill that I purchased from Home Depot made by Aussie.
http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...atalogId=10053
I prefer the charcoal grill taste and the ability to move the grill.

Daryl and Sandy
2013 Eagle 314BDS
2014 Ford F150 Platinum, 4 x 4 Crew Cab with Ecoboost
Equal-i-zer Hitch
OurJayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:11 PM   #5

Jayco once offered an RVQ with their pop-up campers. We got one in 2006 but never used it; it is still in the canvas carrying case stored in our attic.

Both RVQ and Olympian currently offer low pressure LP grills for use on the sides of RVs.

This is a link to the RVQ website: http://www.rvqgrill.com/

This is a link to a seller of Olympian 5500 stainless steel grill for use with low pressure LP gas and designed for use with travel trailers:
http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/b...-gas-grill.htm

I think Camping World may carry one or both of the above grills.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:00 AM   #6

I guess what I really meant was a "stove" -- not a grille. I had a pop-up camper, which came with a stove that could be used inside or out (it attached to an LP gas line on the side of the trailer).

Isn't there such a thing from Jayco? My trailer has the mounting bracket for one as well as a gas line, but I sure don't see any such stove available on the internet.

Thanks.
Old 04-09-2010, 11:25 AM   #7

The attached link to a discussion of low pressure and high pressure LP gas stoves suggests that Coleman makes both types of stoves. You might want to try the Coleman website and/or call their parts department.

http://rvitch.com/forum/index.php?ac...;topic=63921.0

FYI--Coleman makes outdoor stoves that are fueled by 16 ounce propane bottles. My wife and I have a small one that we use. We also have a Coleman Roadtrip Grill that is fueled by 16 ounce bottles that we use--but we have a pickup to haul the Roadtrip grill in (wouldn't want to try to haul it inside the storage area in our travel trailer although it folds down and would fit).
Old 04-11-2010, 02:31 PM   #8

I have an RVQ for mine that came with it. I used it once, and have not used it again. It does not get very hot, so if you decide to use one, have patience when cooking.
Old 04-12-2010, 05:04 PM   #9

Gotta admit - I prefer the patience and slow pace of a good charcoal grill. The flavour it gives on whatever your cooking is amazing. That - and you can get a good amount of wine in ya while you're waiting for the briquettes to get hot!

2010 JayFeather 23K
05 GMC Envoy XL
McMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:57 PM   #10

Hmmmmm McMonk, ya have a good point there. With the gas bbq turning on immediately, I have little time to enjoy a glass or two of wine. I guess charcoal could slow things down a bit
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 11:56 AM   #11

I've been thinking about mods for my new trailer and was considering adding a pigtail with a cutoff to the propane setup to use an outdoor grill, but the more I think about it, a good rib-eye cooked over mesquite charcoal is really hard to beat. It's a hard choice, because the propane grill at home does 'em right also.
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 05:18 AM   #12

I've been using mine since 2005.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:40 AM   #13

We bought our JayFeather used, and although it had the grill bracket and gas hookup, the actual grill was not included. We bought a very lightly used RVQ on ebay, and use it often. It is a relatively low output grill, but is fine for doing steaks, chops, fillets, or gas dogs for the two of us. If there was a crowd, we would need a bigger grill. We have an aluminum griddle that we can put on for bacon, eggs, pancakes, etc. It would be nice to have a burner, but ours doesn't have that option. It sits about 6" or more out from the side of the trailer, and so far heat has not been a problem.

We carry charcoal, and will use the fire pit if the campsite has one, but just don't want to use our limited storage for carrying a charcoal grill around.
2018 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.2 gas
Bailey (Std. Poodle 12 yrs) and Zeke (PartiPoodle 6 yrs)
WiliWali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 03:28 PM   #14

Propane as good as briquettes? Youbetcha!!!

Make a small aluminum foil tray and place dry hickory chips or your favorite chips in it on the grill. A handfull should do. By the time your grill is warm enough to grill the chips are smoking and will provide wonderful flavor to the food!
Bob
redbobfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 05:39 PM   #15

I also don't want a grill close to the trailer. I went with the Weber Baby Q, teed off the low pressure side of my tanks and ran a line with quick connect and a shut off to the side of the trailer. I got a hose, I don't remember, either 10' or 12' and installed quick connects on it. I set the grill on a picnic table which is usually close to the trailer. If not, I set it on a folding TV tray that I carry for that purpose..
Old 10-12-2010, 12:04 PM   #16

We have a RVQ that we got slightly used on eBay. It is OK, and handy as it comes in a nice storage bag, and hooks right up to the rail on the side of the trailer, but as noted above, it does not put out many BTU's. It works OK as a grill or with a griddle for the two of us, but if I was cooking for a family, I would want something with more guts.

CSGrills.com is a good source of information, and Cabela's also has a wide assortment of stoves and grills.

http://www.csgrills.com/Camping-Outd...s--C100318.htm
2018 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.2 gas
Bailey (Std. Poodle 12 yrs) and Zeke (PartiPoodle 6 yrs)
WiliWali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 08:37 PM   #17

If you did not find one before....I have one I'd be willing to part with for a "reasonable price".
RV4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 06:44 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV4Fun View Post
If you did not find one before....I have one I'd be willing to part with for a "reasonable price".
What do you consider a reasonable price? New it was a $200 option from the factory...
Shin Pond Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 08:56 PM   #19

I "T"d off where the regulator hose connects with the black pipe and ran a copper line with a gas cutoff and quick connect to the side of the trailer. Picked up a 10'propane hose, attached the appropriate QC fittings on the hose and a Weber Baby Q grill after removing the regulator from the grill and that sits away from the trailer on a folding TV table from Walmart. Perfect..
Old 12-02-2010, 09:04 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin Pond Hunter View Post
What do you consider a reasonable price? New it was a $200 option from the factory...
The $200 Option is only available when purchased while in production. The RVQ sells for as much as $300.00 when purchased new.
cciparts is offline   Reply With Quote