Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-14-2011, 04:42 AM   #11

Perhaps a nicely worded e-mail to the city council from potential visitors would be of some effect.

Has anyone put a bug in the ears of the Peterbilt or Kenworth owners forums? I would imagine that the brotherhood of truckers would like this one.

Old 08-14-2011, 06:02 PM   #12

I carry 47 gallons of gas,morethan enough to get from Ft Stockton beyond El Paso. I won't be stopping there.

Thanks for the inf.

---------------------
Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 06:12 PM   #13
Site Team

Being a Texan, this is embarrassing to me but with how some of the local municiplities are grasping for every $$$ they can find in today's economy, maybe they figure the extra revenue in fines will offset their budget woes....too bad they were not smart enough to see the economic downturn when I, and others keep plugging down the interstate to the next town to spend our gas/food/lodging money. Makes you wonder if the councilmen are the owners of the hotel and campgrounds there.
dg1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 08:47 AM   #14

According to RVParks Review, there is a KOA and two other "RV Prks" in Van Horn. The others don't have very good write-ups, so it's pretty easy to connect the dots here.
As an alternative, Texas has a lot of good truck stops along I10 which is where I overnight while in-route. Also the rest areas are very nice, many even have wi-fi.. You have water, and restrooms which is more than you get at Walmart and if you just need a place to crash for a few hours, the truck stops work fine. I have no problem waking up, climbing in behind the wheel and driving for 20 minutes or so to find a cup of coffee.
Honestly, with Ft Stockton and El Paso within 100 miles on either side, I don't know why anyone would want to stop in that dust bowl anyway. To each his own I suppose. There are too many truck stops that welcome over-nighters because they know you are going to go in and buy something before you pull out.

---------------------
Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote