Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-13-2020, 03:47 PM   #1

Parkit 360 replacement

My husband bought a Parkit 360 trailer dolly a couple of years ago so we could move our trailer down our very tight driveway into its parking space behind the house. After using it a dozen or so times the trailer dolly died. He tried fixing it and calling customer service but he never got a reply. So now we are in the market for another motorized trailer dolly. I am so disgusted with the poor service from the Parkit company that I would prefer trying someone else.

Does anyone know of another company that sells a trailer dolly similar to Parkit?

Thank you!
BonnieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 05:21 PM   #2

Lots of options, here’s one, expensive but very cool!

https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Dol...BoCbDIQAvD_BwE
Old 02-13-2020, 06:27 PM   #3

Have you checked with any local electric motor shops about checking it out and repair?
Old 02-13-2020, 06:34 PM   #4

My husband replaced the motor but he thinks some of the electronic components need replacing. That’s where the lack of customer service from Parkit 360 is the problem. Their website has no listing of electrical items for replacements.

Thank you for your suggestion though!
Old 02-13-2020, 07:22 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonnieL View Post
My husband bought a Parkit 360 trailer dolly a couple of years ago so we could move our trailer down our very tight driveway into its parking space behind the house. After using it a dozen or so times the trailer dolly died. He tried fixing it and calling customer service but he never got a reply. So now we are in the market for another motorized trailer dolly. I am so disgusted with the poor service from the Parkit company that I would prefer trying someone else.

Does anyone know of another company that sells a trailer dolly similar to Parkit?

Thank you!
Curious...what model did you get? What options are on it? I have a older 360 and the motor is essentially a ATV winch...connected to a switch. There is not much in way of electronics.
Old 02-13-2020, 07:40 PM   #6

I think it’s 2-3 years old. There are all sorts of switches for the brakes, the battery, etc. i have no clue about specifics. Even with a new motor it’s just not working anymore and we’ve decided to replace the whole thing with possibly another brand. If we don’t get any suggestions on a reliable alternative, we will probably end up with another 360.
Old 02-13-2020, 07:44 PM   #7

I certainly would not buy another if the company is not helping you!
mokurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 08:09 PM   #8

I agree! Heading to the Chicago RV show tomorrow to see if any vendors are there for motorized trailer dollies. (And to drool over some of the new hybrids out there!)