Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels, and Motorhomes > General Jayco RV Chat
Click Here to Login

Old 07-25-2017, 10:14 AM   #41

Appreciate the list and comments from others! Picking up my 23RLSW This Thursday. My rep told me it would take at least 3-4 hours. It may take longer than that after reading every thing here
Joe A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 11:29 AM   #42

Well how it go?
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 07:49 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inthewind View Post
I took some time to improve on the already great PDI Checklist that Bluestreak put together. I formed it into categories and used check boxes to make it a little easier to follow.

I just took delivery this past weekend and used it. It was a pretty smooth process using this copy.

I added a couple screen shots so you can see what it looks like before you download the complete form, which is a total of 11 pages including the facer page.

I hope people can get some good use out of it!

Enjoy!

Thank you so much for the checklist. It saved us a lot of time in trying to create one. We pick up our 2018 Greyhawk 29MV on Monday and will put the checklist to good use. Much appreciated!
Save

Save
CA-Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 01:59 AM   #44

I'm taking delivery on our new 29MV tomorrow and I'm putting this to use. Thanks a bunch!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
grimeshaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 06:50 AM   #45

I just wanted to say thank you so much for making this. We are getting ready to make our very first purchase ever! Needless to say it’s a little intimidating, and this list will certainly make it better when we get our Jayco 5th wheel.

Thanks again!
The Blue Flock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 07:23 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdduke View Post
Just took possession of my 2017 321 RSTS and found serious issues: So much for Jayco's tongue and groove ply wood- 3 ft by 4 ft area between my bed and dresser not screwed down? Major squeaks. Hall way squeaks into bathroom- found hump in front of the toilet, where the tongue and groove has not been seated at all? no fix there, when the whole unit has been built over the flooring. Complete reno of the bathroom. I really should be taking it back to the dealer and asking for a full refund! They got your money and said they will fix it this winter! The slide bracket was not welded to a true 90 degrees and has to be replaced. Slide was not adjusted and 1" gap on the door side. when retracting it makes all kinds of racket- other 2 are nice and quite! 3/8 " gap on bottom of pantry door? No easy fix, after the whole unit is completed! Foil insulation is hanging loose in the under storage compartment. So much for the 4 season pkg. Another top quality build by Jayco! Awning has a 3/16" hole in it. Brand new unit! So for all you customers willing to buy a Jayco! look real close to everything before purchasing! if you need to get down on your hands and knees and inspect the flooring close, look for humps, squeaks in the flooring! hallway looks like 2 screws sticking up? fast build- lacks in quality! I paid cash in full, should of held back $5000 "Very disappointed in the quality! no quality control!in the factory. Worse yet is the dealer missed it all in their PDI!
After buying my Jayco and all the issues with mine, "Take the time to inspect everything". You need to set aside getting caught up in the features when considering a unit! like we all do! But, play very close attention to t"the Quality of construction" You may be shocked! Compare warranty, etc. One question I ask all Potential RV buyers, is do you go up on the roof? Inspect how level, how soft, inspect for screws that were not embedded fully? I thought mine was a problem when I stood up and viewed a lot of adjacent ones in the lot, I was shocked to see how uneven they were. Another critical area: open the LP storage tank compartment doors and inspect the plywood joints. I have major issues with mine. The 5/8" plywood joints have huge gaps from 1/4" to 1/2", the plywood tongue and groove don't come even close and were thrown together. I have an area in front of my bedroom that the plywood was "NOT" screwed down. Plywood has humped up in front of the toilet! So get down on your hands and knees and feel for those plywood joints. Plastic water couplers are a big issue as well. My dealer has numerous warranty claims. Mine has leaked 4 times now, nearly got it fixed? We went with stainless steel braided lines to finally fix my unit. First leak flooded out the underside of our kitchen island. Took 2.5 turns to stop it from spraying everywhere? I think it was only hand tightened from factory. I checked the shower from back side of linen closet and had a small leak as well. Dealership told me that it was the cheap plastic collars/connectors, that seem to not seal properly. So get that inspected before you purchase any Jayco! Mine is only 5 months old, in the shop for most of the winter season, when it gets fixed, I'm selling mine! DONE WITH JAYCO! Used to be a great product years ago, but now that Thore Industries has purchased them, Pure junk! Grand Design Solitude is far better Quality, solid construction! My Jayco Eagle shakes- I use wheel chocks, hitch stabilizer, slide supports, and the 4 point auto level jacks, and the whole unit still shakes?? I checked out the solitude with the 6 point auto level support, and only the front jacks were down, nothing else used to stabilize it, and it was solid! Quality! Jayco? you get what you pay for! Save yourself the grief! Learn't lesson: Wish I did more research and read forums before I purchased my Eagle! Very disappointed in Quality! You were warned!
kdduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 08:24 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Blue Flock View Post
I just wanted to say thank you so much for making this. We are getting ready to make our very first purchase ever! Needless to say it’s a little intimidating, and this list will certainly make it better when we get our Jayco 5th wheel.

Thanks again!
Congrats! Enjoy your new RV and wishing you happy and safe travels!
Save

Save
CA-Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 04:19 PM   #48

Please add us to the list of thank you's. I emailed this PDI to my dealer and told the saleman to get ready for me.

We are picking up our 2018 Precept 36T on November 8th and will have this checklist in hand!

Thank you!
bassprowannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 04:59 PM   #49

Wish I would have had that list, 25 months after purchase still trying to get warranty finished up!
Attached Thumbnails
DTOP7.jpg  
Old 12-09-2017, 04:06 PM   #50

Hey Jiggles,
As a new member I cannot PM you. Will you send me a word copy of the PDI?
That is a very complete list, thanks for posting.
marcshoff@yahoo.com

Marc
Meadowlark paint
Iraq 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 02:23 PM   #51

Very helpful. New Hummingbird owner we have yet to pick up our unit.
BuckeyeHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 03:29 PM   #52

In a recent post on the class c forum a post came up about the alignment of the headlights. If you picking up a motorhome have the tech show you the alignment of the headlights. Several members have reported them as being aimed very low and making driving at night difficult.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 04:53 PM   #53

PDIs are awesome. Two days ago a friend of mine bought a camper. He had been told by the delearship that the financial closure and "walk through" would take 1.5 hours. The night before he went to the delearship I gave him a PDI, since he had never heard of them. His "1.5 hours" turned into five. He caught a lot of issues and learned even more. Mission accomplished.
Go Team Jayco!

John from Central Florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 09:57 PM   #54

This PDI would also come in handy buying a used unit AND for a once per year walk through of any trailer you've owned for a while.
Kashmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 12:10 PM   #55

Found a check list on my desk top there are a lot of them out on the web! Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Dead Horse 3-1.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf PDI Check List.PDF (695.2 KB, 118 views)
Old 08-19-2018, 09:14 PM   #56

I am printing out the checklist on the first page to use for my PDI coming up. Thanks for this.

I told the dealer I was going to do it and their response was awesome go for it.
jpgale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 09:40 AM   #57

Thanks for the well laid out and thorough check list.We will be using it tomorrow!
Kennygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 04:58 PM   #58

Nice PDI list ... will use it when I pick mine up
M&J2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 08:24 PM   #59

Thank you and a question

Thank you for sharing this! Also, I wonder how it went when you used it--Did a lot of concerns show up? Thanks
CBean63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 09:17 PM   #60

I saw something in the forums about hiring someone to do a PDI with me, but cant find that.

Is it worth hiring someone? What's the advantage over going over this list? Anybody have a link?

I'm hoping to pick up my new trailer Saturday, and it's a 4 hour drive.

Who here has actually brought screwdrivers and taken stuff apart during their PDI??? Seems odd to do that to a trailer I dont own yet.
Trippy1313 is offline   Reply With Quote