Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-21-2018, 09:26 AM   #1

Pet Safety

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the Nimble Pet Safety monitor or similar devices.

https://rvpetsafety.com/

My number one concern when travelling with the dog is the temperature in our rig when we are away from it. We like to go South in the summer so heat is definetly an issue and we often explore places that Maple cannot come with us so she remains in the RV. Obviously I keep the A/C pumping for her but I am always leary of the fact that a bad power post or a blown breaker could leave her inside without relief.

The Nimble is a temperature monitor that operates on a cellular network to send you alerts when the temperature moves beyond a range that you set. I really like this idea and would be interested in input from anyone on the Forum that has used this tech.

Griswald One - Life is a Misadventure!
2015 Greyhawk 29ME / Chevy Sonic
Griswald One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 05:54 PM   #2

On the fence, like the concept for sure.
Old 03-21-2018, 08:18 PM   #3

I’ve never left Tunce alone but I think that App is a great idea that alllows you the piece of mind that your best friend is safe.
Old 03-21-2018, 09:32 PM   #4

We worry about that, and having our aircon catch fire with the dogs alone. Just got back from Death Valley. We plan all outings for early so windows and fans can keep them cool. There was no cell service in most areas there for this device to work.

2020 Outdoors RV Glacier Peak Titanium
2013 Eagle 29.5RKS (traded in)
2013 Ford 6.7L diesel F350
Cosmik Debris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 11:38 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griswald One View Post
Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the Nimble Pet Safety monitor or similar devices.

https://rvpetsafety.com/

My number one concern when travelling with the dog is the temperature in our rig when we are away from it. We like to go South in the summer so heat is definetly an issue and we often explore places that Maple cannot come with us so she remains in the RV. Obviously I keep the A/C pumping for her but I am always leary of the fact that a bad power post or a blown breaker could leave her inside without relief.

The Nimble is a temperature monitor that operates on a cellular network to send you alerts when the temperature moves beyond a range that you set. I really like this idea and would be interested in input from anyone on the Forum that has used this tech.
I use old cell phone connected to park WiFi or my hotspot and downloaded a free app called Alfred on the old phone and my phone. The old cell phone I leave in the trailer and point it at the thermostat so I can see the temp remotely from my other phone when over the cell network.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
MadJoker TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 02:02 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadJoker TX View Post
I use old cell phone connected to park WiFi or my hotspot and downloaded a free app called Alfred on the old phone and my phone. The old cell phone I leave in the trailer and point it at the thermostat so I can see the temp remotely from my other phone when over the cell network.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
That is a rather ingenious solution and would work many places we go, but not all. WIFI in many places is hit or miss and at Provincial Parks it is non-existent. I don't have a hotspot and due to our frequent cross border travels finding one that works on both sides of the 49th Parallel is challenging. That is one of the draws to the Nimble, it works in both countries.

I like the per month billing feature. We would likely only need it for 2-3 months each year when the weather is warmest.

Griswald One - Life is a Misadventure!
2015 Greyhawk 29ME / Chevy Sonic
Griswald One is offline   Reply With Quote