Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-11-2019, 01:29 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum View Post
This happens more often than not on the long weekends when "non-campers" come out to camp.

They don't seem to understand common courtesy, which can range from littering, to loud music, unacceptable behavior, ignoring quiet hours, speeding through the park, foul language.

We have started to avoid long weekends since it can be frustrating to deal with the non-camping folks.
Pretty soon, we will be required to pay a cleaning deposit because of people like that. No consideration to anyone else.
Old 09-11-2019, 02:23 PM   #22

Campground Pigs

I live in Florida and more pigs use our State Parks than any other state I camp in. Don’t know were they are from ,but I wish they would go back and stay out of Florida State Parks.
Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 02:37 PM   #23

My father used to make my sister and I "police" the entire camping area before we would leave. Anything not supposed to be there was picked up and put in the trash.

TODAY, I do the same with my 3 kids!

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE, Elite and Thermal Packages.
Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control, Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A, Tire Minder TPMS A1A
(2) Yamaha EF2000iS Generators, Micro-Air EasyStart™ 364 (3-ton) Soft Start, Garmin RV 890, GoodYear Endurance ST225/75-15 Load Range E
RAurand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 03:06 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2OLDMONKEYS View Post
Great idea DocBrown!
I learned this many years ago when we had a pop-up. Check out time was 3:00. We arrived at 2 and the previous occupants were still there. No worries we left for an hour and came back. They decided that was the time to start a fire and have a late lunch. When I approached them they claimed they had no idea there was a checkout time. When they did finally leave they left a huge mess. Beer cans in the fire pit, cigarette butts and other debris all over the place. I had to go out and buy a cheap rake just so we could enjoy the site. I complained and the ranger thanked us and told us about the "naughty list".

One other time at a different park we complained about some drunken campers that kept every one up all night. When we complained the next morning the ranger said the guy that registered for the site was already banned.

Quote:
This happens more often than not on the long weekends when "non-campers" come out to camp.

They don't seem to understand common courtesy, which can range from littering, to loud music, unacceptable behavior, ignoring quiet hours, speeding through the park, foul language.

We have started to avoid long weekends since it can be frustrating to deal with the non-camping folks.
I don't think they are non-campers as much as there is a mentality of "I must have a good time". A good time being to some people means doing the things you list. It's not limited to camping. We usually get a suite up north on Super Bowl weekend. Usually very cheap and quiet. One year the place decided to offer a Super Bowl package for $50 a night for a suite we paid about $100 for. OMG, what a nightmare. We checked out the next morning. It was so bad the resort didn't even offer the same deal after that.
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 03:47 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siamese View Post
Maybe a campground slob will chime in and give us their side of the story.
Why should we clean up--that's what the campground personnel get paid for! It also doesn't hurt to empty out some black water at night when no one is looking--helps the grass grow. Also, there is no problem with throwing cans into the fire as the aluminum will melt and disappear.

(You all know I'm kidding...)
Old 09-11-2019, 04:04 PM   #26

Quote:

Me and my DW just went through this this past weekend. Three sites close to ours combined to have an all out, non-stop party from Friday afternoon to Sunday morning. A total of 9 tents, two pop-ups, 16 cars, approximately 25 “millennial” type campers being loud, drunk, high and being pigs. Urinating at the site with restrooms about 30 yards away. Also about 6 or 7 dogs, all barking.

NYS Campground rules states no more than two tents (1 RV) per site, two vehicles and no more than six people each night. Visitors must park in visitor’s parking lot and vacate the campground by 10:00PM.

I asked the lady at the park office why campground rules are not enforced. She told me complaints are forwarded to the park ranger or park’s police. Since most of these unruly patrons are either high or intoxicated by noon, they do not want them to be driving. During a very loud period on Saturday evening, the park ranger drove by and did nothing.

We did stay at this campground until this morning. Sunday, Monday and Tuesday was very quiet and peaceful and I did have a great time and a nice rest. We decided that starting next season, we will camp Sunday through Thursday. It’s not that we want to, its because we are forced to.
1996 Viking Pop-up
1979 Coleman 8 man cabin tent
1967 G.I Joe (hasbro) canvas pup tent
THE MEEKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 05:17 PM   #27

Quote:
Last time we camped on a holiday was Memorial Day weekend last year. We were at a private campground on a popular lake in SE North Carolina. Haven’t seen that many loud rednecks since my last family reunion!

2014 Greyhawk 31FK
2007 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100cc
NC Roamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 08:33 PM   #28

Had that problem 1 time, then me and 3 other campers after getting no response from Park Ranger we called the Sheriffs dept. told them to come help us or things things were going to get really ugly. Sheriffs deputy showed up quick. We showed him the problem, he called for backup. All of the bad campers were removed from campground within a few minutes, minus there campers and vehicles. Next morning tow trucks removed campers and vehicles from campground . Problem Solved sometimes you have to take care of the problem yourself..
Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 08:54 PM   #29

Quote:

DW and I started that almost 20 years ago. We used to camp holiday weekends and spring break sometimes. We typically had a boat (borrowed from my dad, later on we used our own) and we would tailgate out of my truck. Tents, coolers and Coleman lanterns and stoves. That's how we both grew up camping (except I could more often be found in the back-country with a backpack on).

After a couple holiday weekends with the "wild bunch" we quit and haven't looked back.

Even now in our Motorhome, we will more likely go and visit my dad on "holiday" weekends. His driveway is tucked back away from everyone and everything. We have 30A electrical hookup, and if I needed to, I could drain my tanks. His fridge (and liquor cabinet) are always WELL stocked, and he has a nice pool with an outdoor kitchen and entertaining area. It's nicer at his house than most RV resorts I've stayed at, AND it's FREE. So that's where we go on holiday weekends these days. And he's happy to have us because he feels the same way we do...

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 09:20 PM   #30
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE MEEKER View Post
We decided that starting next season, we will camp Sunday through Thursday. It’s not that we want to, its because we are forced to.
We ended up doing just that this year, the Doc the DW worked for, retired, so she took a new job, but with varying days and hours. Messed up our usual reservations. And you know how fast NYS parks fill up for weekends. Especially FHU sites. Middle of the week trip worked out pretty well. Not many neighbors around, either.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 07:01 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Roamer View Post
Last time we camped on a holiday was Memorial Day weekend last year. We were at a private campground on a popular lake in SE North Carolina. Haven’t seen that many loud rednecks since my last family reunion!
In a private CG that's the fault of the owner. If they let it happen it will become known to others and become a party park. There are plenty of private CGs that don't put up with this non-sense.
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 07:21 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown View Post
In a private CG that's the fault of the owner. If they let it happen it will become known to others and become a party park. There are plenty of private CGs that don't put up with this non-sense.
Agreed, most private CGs I've stayed at will not put up with the riff-raff...

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is online now   Reply With Quote