Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-19-2022, 08:59 PM   #1

Pinnacle Owners input

We are looking at a 2022 pinnacle 32 RLTS and we were looking for people's opinions on what they think about their 5 wheels. Are they worth the money or are there other jayco options better. Thank you for your input
lawdog4gd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 05:54 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdog4gd View Post
We are looking at a 2022 pinnacle 32 RLTS and we were looking for people's opinions on what they think about their 5 wheels. Are they worth the money or are there other jayco options better. Thank you for your input

We bought our 2020 32rlts new on 8/27/2020. Very comfortable, a good fit for 2 long term, nice looking unit, easy towing at 36' and can fit into most campsites, wide body is roomy, lots of storage. Interior is in Kingston, DW and I both do not like the modern farmhouse model trend. The frame is stronger on this unit than my previous non- jayco 5th wheel, noticed when leveling and hitching up.
The only thing we do not like is the amount of warranty issues we've had, and as I write this it's sitting at the dealer for 3 more. In all close to 6 months sitting at the dealer for warranty repairs. Top 3 of the 34 are- Rear axle not made correctly, wore inside of tires bald in 3500 miles, Hydraulic leveling pump motor seal leaking, Exterior screws holding kitchen slide trim and Lippert slim rack frame snapping off. Generally the build quality is OK, not great, and probably half of the 34 warranty issues were cosmetic, scratches, glue residue, over driven screws, etc, and I fixed many myself rather than wait for a appointment. Mostly it's the quality of supplier parts, those have been the bigger problems.

We feel we got a good deal price wise and are glad we bought when we did. Maybe we got a lemon, as others don't seem to have as many warranty issues, or many just aren't as fussy or don't look closely at their unit. As far as options on purchasing other Jayco units, northpoint, etc, I can't say. We bought this as our retirement RV, and after looking for many years at many main stream 5th wheel brands we always compared them to the Pinnacle, and none could compare. IMHO, most likely you will want a 2 year warranty! Also, a great dealer with a good service department is a huge plus. I'm not too impressed with ours, reworking warranty claims, I feel like they just aren't very professional.
For our 2020 we haggled on the price and paid $63,580 (base price) but Covid had shut things down and I think they were eager to make a sale.

Currently MSRP for a '22 with the same options is $140,472. Ouch!
TS3 Hitch
Ms says I'm full of useless knowledge and other stuff...
ARoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 06:59 AM   #3

We've kind of had the opposite experience of ARoamer, not sure why that it is but seems to be a hit and miss across many brands. We bought our 2020 a little more than 2 years ago. The main issues we've had were:

1. Bad ac/heat pump unit on day 1, replaced on day 2.
2. Kitchen slide did not close properly at one corner, replaced the Slim Rack system.
3. Leaking Equalizer pump for the leveling system, replaced with a new one.
4. Recall of the propane regulator.
5. Bowed upper trim piece on the kitchen slide, causing it to separate from the side wall just enough to break the caulking seal. Probably caused by the slide being out of adjusment. Mostly cosmetic but will probably be a while before it can be replaced because the part is not available at this time. It has been ordered.
6. BMPro tablet quit. Dealer sent me a new one.

The dealer is really important. Ours has been the best we've ever dealt with and that has been a few. They are very conscientious on keeping the down time as short as possible. We've never had a trip impacted by a service issue.

Quality wise I was ready for the worst but have been pleasantly surprised. Our prior fifth wheel was an Excel, a kind of mid high end unit with a good reputation for quality. Structure wise it was almost trouble free. I'm not sure our Pinnacle is on the same level but it is close. The fit and finish in ours is comparable to the Excel. Not much to complain about. It also does a good job with heating and cooling. We've had it in almost 100 degree heat and down to 15 cold and it stayed pretty comfortable.

I do feel Jayco cheaped out on things like the tv's and the sound system. I replaced the living room Furrion tv with a better one and took out the sound system and replaced it with a better quality sound bar and sub woofer. We also replaced the mattress with a Casper original.

For us two we find it is just the right size. Plenty of storage for the stuff we have. We also like the kitchen layout and have really enjoyed the Insignia range which works so much better than the rv ovens.

We've not had any issues with towing it and it is really a good match for our truck. The ride was pretty decent already but adding a Roadmaster shock kit made a noticeable difference.

Good luck and let us know what you decide.
F350guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 08:00 AM   #4

I like our new 2022 32RLTS, but the attention to detail at this price point is very lacking in my case. Lots of little and some big issues I have to take care of. Once I get finished building the trailer for Jayco it will be great.

I'll make a list one day of all the issues...it would be to depressing to do right now while I try to enjoy the new trailer.

2017 Ram Cummins 3500, 4x4, Dually Aisin, 3.73
B&W hitch
Learjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 10:27 AM   #5

The next time i buy a new RV i plan to do my homework on 'dealer satisfaction' There are way to many dealers that 'sell and forget' I purchased my 19 RSTS from a dealer in Sacramento and the three times i had my unit in for warranty issues none of them were addressed or fixed by the dealer. I just got the standard lip service and of course they know how to play the game with out of town buyers. My suggestion is to find a dealer that has the best reputation treating customer fair and good Take notes from this forum and others, do review searches on dealers you are considering and stay away from dealers that 'sell and forget' Good Luck..
kirkelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 02:45 PM   #6

I think the key element is what do you plan to do with this 5ver? Where do you plan to go? Bigger is not always better. But if I was to full time, seasonal site, or go out for many months it might be nice.

We are looking at 5vers to replace our HTT. We will be empty nesters this fall, and we both can work remotely. However, we have pretty much thrown Pinnacles out as they are to big for the places we like to go. We have no desire to stay at big RV resorts. We like State Parks, more rural old CGs that were designed pre 50's. They just cannot handle the new big rigs.

What I do like about the 5vers is the higher CCC (Cargo Carrying Capacity). They are also more cabin/second home like.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 04:58 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagiven View Post
I think the key element is what do you plan to do with this 5ver? Where do you plan to go? Bigger is not always better. But if I was to full time, seasonal site, or go out for many months it might be nice.

We are looking at 5vers to replace our HTT. We will be empty nesters this fall, and we both can work remotely. However, we have pretty much thrown Pinnacles out as they are to big for the places we like to go. We have no desire to stay at big RV resorts. We like State Parks, more rural old CGs that were designed pre 50's. They just cannot handle the new big rigs.

What I do like about the 5vers is the higher CCC (Cargo Carrying Capacity). They are also more cabin/second home like.

A good point. When looking at other models the DW saw 2 bathrooms or even 2 bathroom sinks and fell in love. I mentioned many times those units were just too big and long, not to mention heavy. Since I do nearly all of the towing I had to convince her that even at the 32rlts size of 36' we are limiting our camping sites, plus a longer unit needs more room when towing, cornering, and backing. I want my RV towing to be as stress free as possible. We do extended stays often, I think it's a good fit for us.
TS3 Hitch
Ms says I'm full of useless knowledge and other stuff...
ARoamer is offline   Reply With Quote