Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-09-2014, 04:19 AM   #11

Ours is parked on grass next to the garage, no cover except for tires and A/C. I installed a dedicated 30A receptacle on the garage, and keep it plugged in 24/7 with a smart charger on the converter. Fridge is left on, and we keep extra food out there when not camping.

Retired at last !

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
tinlizzie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 05:01 AM   #12

My trailer stays in the RV storage side of my shop building on concrete when we are not camping. The only light of day it ever sees is when we are using it. The shore power and the battery is disconnected when it is parked in the shop. Countermeasures are in place to ensure rodents don't become a problem.

The way I see it, my trailer should last a good long time.

Old 04-09-2014, 08:23 AM   #13

Tunce, I'm curious why the plywood under the tires if it's parked on the driveway. Is the drive paved? If it helps to preserve the tires, I will start doing the same when I park mine.
SawBuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 08:26 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinlizzie23 View Post
Ours is parked on grass next to the garage, no cover except for tires and A/C. I installed a dedicated 30A receptacle on the garage, and keep it plugged in 24/7 with a smart charger on the converter. Fridge is left on, and we keep extra food out there when not camping.
Great Idea. I didn't think of leaving the fridge plugged in for use at home. Can you share any details about your smart charger?
SawBuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:07 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SawBuck View Post
Tunce, I'm curious why the plywood under the tires if it's parked on the driveway. Is the drive paved? If it helps to preserve the tires, I will start doing the same when I park mine.
Yes, extended time periods they recommend tires off pavement. Got this info on this forum and Discount Tire.
Tunce the traveler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 10:12 AM   #16

I have a popup so I keep it in the garage. In the garage I have 15amp electric to keep the batteries charged and to cool down the fridge and water to fill the holding tank. I live in a townhome so it is my only option as trailers can't be parked in the driveway but cars can so one of the cars gets booted out during the camping season. During the winter I kept it in the inlaws garage (they have only 1 car but a 2 car garage) about an hour from home. The only daylight the trailer sees is when we are camping so I should look like new for a long time!

2013 Jayco Jay 1206
2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT Crew Cab 5.3L 4WD
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 10:17 AM   #17

We have a blacktop apron extending past the end of our garage.
I installed a 30 amp RV outlet on the end of the garage. When I was pulling the romex for the outlet, also pulled some coax. So in the outlet box I also have a cable tv hookup.

The Eagle makes for a nice 'guest house' for company during the summer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	new Eagle camper 72.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	12335

2016 Jayco Eagle HT 29.5 FBDS w/ 15,000 BTU AC, 50 amp service, upgraded counter top, thermal pane windows, elec. stab jacks, outside grill, backup camera and MORryde pin box.
2011 GMC 2500HD DURAMAX/ ALLISON
Tail_gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 11:37 AM   #18

Unfortunately, we keep ours on a gravel covered, gated storage lot. At home we had a 50 amp outlet installed on the side of the house for when the rig is in the driveway.

Some day I will have a garage/workshop on my lot that will keep our TT completely enclosed along with many of my other toys. When I built our fence, I made one of my gates 12 ft wide just for this contingency. I just haven't found the cash yet to make this happen the way I want. But my dad just had a 1600 sq ft barn installed. He keeps his Chevy 2500 Extended cab, his bass boat, his 31' MH, his Miata, and his tractor in there and still has plenty of room for a nice workshop. I'm VERY jealous!

2014 Jay Flight 28 BHBE
2015 RAM 2500 6.4L HEMI, Tradesman 4x4, 3.73
Blue Ox SwayPro (BXW 1503)

Upgraded from an REI internal frame backpack and a Eureka 1/2 dome tent!
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 12:49 PM   #19

During the camping season ours is parked right in the driveway next to the house. I ran a 30A RV plug in the garage and place the cord under the overhead door. We keep it plugged in all the time at home and our fridge is on all season. We too use the fridge for extra food/beverage storage as needed at home.

For winter, I built a 24' x 32' x 14' car port to park 2 campers in. Built right in the back yard for easy winter access to inspect as needed.

I guess I don't have a current pic with the campers in it.

2017 28BHBE Kitchen skylight, remote control and Aluminum wheels hitched by ProPride 3P
2017 Ram 2500 CC LB 4x4 Big Horn Cummins
LiftedAWDAstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 01:11 PM   #20

Next to our house on a gravel pad. We use the outside 20 amp connection for getting the fridge cold. Its in the open, no covering except for an AC and wheel covers over the winter. I've done this for over 20 years with a PUP, a previous HTT for 10 years, and of course our current HTT.

Tags
carport, concrete, gravel, parking, storage