Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2017, 11:35 AM   #21

To all those saying you never wear gloves:
1. Please let everyone know that before shaking hands.
2. Please put your fingers in your mouth right now.
To all those who said they don’t have the valve problems:
1. That’s what everyone says until they do.
To those who actually said they don’t wash their hands after using the bathroom:
1. You are gross and you should be publicly shamed for that.
2. Put your fingers in your mouth.

And we wonder how the country has turned to crap - pun intended
Old 12-03-2017, 12:32 PM   #22

Not specific to any specific post, but I recently saw an impossible to ignore opportunity to get on my soapbox...
'To each his own, but I'm not a <insert your word choice here>'
In this topic, someone that takes additional precautions is a germaphobe, and someone that takes fewer precautions is not cautious enough and may be a hazard to others.

IMO, each one of us follows a process that our understanding says 'These are reasonable steps to take and doing more is not necessary' but it's obvious there are differences in the steps we take.

One of the great things about the JOF is that we can tell others what we do and why and most often this is posted without finding fault with what other members do. I've learned a lot on this site due to the differences of opinion and am grateful for the abundance of knowledge and experience that other members share.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
Old 12-03-2017, 12:37 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanAZ View Post
Not specific to any specific post, but I recently saw an impossible to ignore opportunity to get on my soapbox...
In this topic, someone that takes additional precautions is a germaphobe, and someone that takes fewer precautions is not cautious enough and may be a hazard to others.

IMO, each one of us follows a process that our understanding says 'These are reasonable steps to take and doing more is not necessary' but it's obvious there are differences in the steps we take.

One of the great things about the JOF is that we can tell others what we do and why and most often this is posted without finding fault with what other members do. I've learned a lot on this site due to the differences of opinion and am grateful for the abundance of knowledge and experience that other members share.

100%.

That’s the beautiful thing about opinions, we’re all entitled to them. Nothing wrong with either method in this case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Eagle HT 29.5BHDS -- 2011 F350 CCSB 4x4 PSD
Old 12-03-2017, 01:22 PM   #24

I have done that once forgot to close the black valve on previous dump! Never done that again.
Old 12-03-2017, 02:58 PM   #25

[QUOTE=oldmanAZ;589996]Not specific to any specific post, but I recently saw an impossible to ignore opportunity to get on my soapbox...

"STINK FINGER"

Now AZ you asked me too!!!
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpeg  
Old 12-04-2017, 04:28 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by repacs0103 View Post
I just went to the bathroom in my house and didn’t wear gloves, so why do I need to when I dump my tanks? That’s why you wash your hands- to each his own though, no need to get so wrapped up in why others do things their own way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
X2

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
Old 12-04-2017, 04:34 AM   #27
Site Team

x-3.

These opinion threads usually degenerate to personal insults and are quickly closed.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
Old 12-04-2017, 08:20 AM   #28

I hate the latex smell so I have been using the Nitrile for years. They have got cheaper in the last few years.
2016 CTS 4 2.0T
2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0
2015 Chrysler 200C AWD
Old 12-04-2017, 08:56 AM   #29

I retired from the airport Gestapo and learned a few things about Nitrile gloves you should keep in mind.

1) they will break down if kept in a hot area. They may not be broken down in the box, but they tear easier when worn. This is something that does take time, but keeping a box in an area that get hot all summer can do a box in.

2) because your hands will sweat since the gloves don't breath, you may not notice if they get cut, especially when working in a damp or wet environment (example-washing down hoses). DOUBLE GLOVE, and be aware of how gloves are holding up.

3) Always roll the gloves off so they are inside out when you take them off. Best way to try to keep your hands clean.

4) And always buy gloves at least 5mm thick. I prefer the 7mm even though they are stiffer (at least to my fingers).
Old 12-04-2017, 09:46 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifallsguy View Post
I retired from the airport Gestapo and learned a few things about Nitrile gloves you should keep in mind.

1) they will break down if kept in a hot area. They may not be broken down in the box, but they tear easier when worn. This is something that does take time, but keeping a box in an area that get hot all summer can do a box in.

2) because your hands will sweat since the gloves don't breath, you may not notice if they get cut, especially when working in a damp or wet environment (example-washing down hoses). DOUBLE GLOVE, and be aware of how gloves are holding up.

3) Always roll the gloves off so they are inside out when you take them off. Best way to try to keep your hands clean.

4) And always buy gloves at least 5mm thick. I prefer the 7mm even though they are stiffer (at least to my fingers).
I have been using nitrile for 15 years or more and go through quite a few of them. I have never noticed any of those things except the sweating and I would sweat just as much with latex. And I don't know how else you can take them off beside rolling them off unless you use 5 sizes to big. lol
2016 CTS 4 2.0T
2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0
2015 Chrysler 200C AWD
Old 12-04-2017, 12:15 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33 RLDS View Post
...And I don't know how else you can take them off beside rolling them off unless you use 5 sizes to big. lol
You got that right!
Old 12-04-2017, 01:04 PM   #32

If it helps, here is the method I use...
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
Old 12-04-2017, 03:13 PM   #33

This is a scream this thread been going on so long I forgot what we should wear gloves for?LOL
Attached Thumbnails
Lake Havasu 11-20-11 008.jpg  
Old 12-04-2017, 03:34 PM   #34

I see not only folks bare handing this chore, and once even saw a guy set up his hose support system like you would at the campsite. I've been told by a friend who was next in line to dump and witnessed a guy dump without a hose! Just flooding the containment area then hosing it down.
You live long enough you'll see it all.

2020 Outdoors RV Glacier Peak Titanium
2013 Eagle 29.5RKS (traded in)
2013 Ford 6.7L diesel F350
Old 12-04-2017, 03:50 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmik Debris View Post
I see not only folks bare handing this chore, and once even saw a guy set up his hose support system like you would at the campsite. I've been told by a friend who was next in line to dump and witnessed a guy dump without a hose! Just flooding the containment area then hosing it down.
You live long enough you'll see it all.
Have seen that scenario several times from people that are not patient and don't want to wait their turn. Didn't hose the area down and there was someone else dumping properly on the other side.
Old 12-04-2017, 05:04 PM   #36

I wonder how many on here have ever worked with livestock, at a dog kennel, cleaned game animals in the field, even cleaned up a messy baby, etc. I bet not too many. Soap, hot water, hand sanitizer all do what their designed for. It's not a sterile surgical environment. LOL
Old 12-04-2017, 05:25 PM   #37

And that's why I carry a spray bottle with bleach.
2019 Chevy express 2500 Van Coversion. 2017 Jayco 23MRB: 26' total and Glacier Package. 2 Renogy solar panels. Married 49 years. Haley the mutt, 4 years old. "Excited to learn new things everyday and humbled by those who offer to help." And very grateful to our Moderators!
Old 12-04-2017, 07:15 PM   #38

I'm a glove wearer too. I use the 7MM nitrile gloves from HF and keep a box in the utilities cabinet also. I'm not really a germaphobe but my hands are pretty rough and callous so everything gets into the little cracks and crevices and it's a PITA to get them clean. I use gloves for just about everything now though from oil changes, cleaning wild game, to setting up/breaking down TV/TT (mechanix gloves), yard work, etc. Clean up is just so much easier.

To the OP's point, I saw a guy draining his BT with just a hose laying in the drain opening (no connection on end of hose at drain hole). Of course, when he opened the black tank valve it shot all over the place and made a huge mess. When he saw I was waiting, he offered to move out of the way and let me dump my tank(s) before cleaning up. same trip, the pop-up next to us during our stay had black/grey tanks open and draining into a 5 gallon bucket at their site. they would just chuck it into the woods at the back of his site when it got close to full. smh...

shrp
Old 12-04-2017, 08:36 PM   #39

I find it kinda funny that this conversation even needs to take place. Lol enough said
Old 12-04-2017, 09:02 PM   #40

You guys and your nearly 1/4" thick nitrile gloves are cracking me up.
Closed Thread