Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-26-2017, 05:34 AM   #21

I have a RCA model from Sam's club. Works great. Ice is soft and makes a lot of it. Sets in my outdoor kitchen. When the bin fills up I dump it in a ziplock and in the freezer it goes.
bigcuzauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 07:51 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMS1115 View Post
We have this one... https://www.walmart.com/ip/Igloo-Por...d=actual_color in Red, since it was $10 cheaper at the time of purchase. Love this. It dumps ice about every 8 minutes.
We bought this same one at store for $79 last week & have it set up at home just seeing how well it works,. So far great
poohbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 01:52 PM   #23

We have the "igloo" branded one. I never found the drainplug, and wouldn't ya know it.... I think the darn pump froze last winter and split the impeller housing. Because it used to work like a champ, filling the Hooper with ice in 15 minutes. Now it grinds and takes much longer. It sounds like the pump is laboring.

I haven't had time to open it up and investigate.

Craig Bailey
New Hampshire
Jayflight 32 BHDS
Chevy 2500HD CC
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew 4x4 Duramax
ctbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 04:04 PM   #24

35lbs a day

I've had this one for the last two years and it's a thing of beauty! 35 lbs of ice a day!
Ice Maker - Stainless Steel - Chard International IM-12SS - Ice Makers - Camping World
I say better to have excess capacity rather than not enough.

Darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 06:05 PM   #25

If you do some shopping, you can find the Igloo brand in a bunch of colors for under $100 at Walmart and Sams Club. Sams had them for $75+/- a couple of months ago. We've had ours a couple of years and keep it in the TT. It makes more ice than the three of us can use. If you keep adding water, it can make about 22 pounds per day. It generally takes about 8 minutes to drop a load of ice (about 8 cubes). Definitely a must have in the summer heat since the rv freezers can't make ice that fast.

................. Swampy

2014 287 BHBE; 1981 Jay Raven; Predator 3500i - We call Home Pearl River, Louisiana - edge of the Honey Island Swamp
IMG]https://www.jaycoowners.com/attachments/customavatars/avatar39547_3.gif[/IMG]
Swampy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 08:40 AM   #26

Home Depot or Sams have them usually under $100 besure you have a filter on the hose to city water, Ice Maker filter sometimes gets clogged if water dirty.
elkrott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 07:51 PM   #27

Bought one this year from Cabellas. Comes with a Lifetime Warranty and absolutely love it. We leave the house with a 1 gallon bag of ice cubes. Get setup at the campground and within an hour this machine is producing ice like crazy. Keep in mind that it will not keep the ice from melting. It is not a freezer. We transfer the ice to plastic bags and place in freezer.

My nephew has the same one for 4 years and still going strong.
2003 Jayco Kiwi 23B (sold)
1991 Jayco Cardinal SD 14 foot pop up. (Sold)

2014 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab LT Z71 5.3L 4WD
stevenl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 09:29 AM   #28

Personally don't see the need unless you are boondocking miles from a gas station or store where you can buy ice. The ice out of these thing is soft and barely frozen like others have said. It won't last any time at all if you dump it into a cooler to cool drinks. We have 5 cheap plastic ice trays in the fridge and keep them refilled as we empty one. Only down side of that is it temporarily warms up the freezer as it is freezing the new tray and ice cream will get soft.

A buck or 2 for a bag of ice will last for a couple days in a cooler of already cold drinks. No keeping up with filling the water in the ice machine or swapping out the "soft Ice} into ziplocks all day.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 07:31 PM   #29

Ice Maker

Wish I could buy ice for a buck or two. Our ice up here is 5 to 7 dollars.

I have heard the complaints about soft ice and agree that is not acceptable for anyone. My personal experience has been the quality of ice from the Cabellas machine has been amazing. We cannot consume all of the quality ice that it produces.

As in any product there is good and there is mediocre.
stevenl is offline   Reply With Quote