Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-10-2022, 06:31 PM   #1

Portable Water Bladders - What do you Use?

I'm looking the various Portable Water Bladders to make restocking the RV tank easier on Boon-Docking stays. So far i have my sights on the Banks 100 Gallon Wild Water Bladder. Based on the little amount of reviews i could find, it looks like the Banks is the most durable Bladder available. There is several different Bladers available on Ebay and Amazon, but no one is really leaving any feedback on them. Curious what you folks that use them have and your thoughts on the Good and the Best..
kirkelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 06:52 PM   #2
CAG

I carried a 40 gal bladder in the back of the truck when we boon-docked. You need a location to fill near where you are camping, and we had that with a water fill about 20 miles from camp. I would make a trip to fill the bladder after we set up and were established. If we needed more then another trip. You really do not want to be traveling with another 800+ pounds of weight while getting to where ever you are going and at 8.3 lbs per gallon that is what you are dealing with.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 07:09 PM   #3

CAG brings up good points. I have had a 35 gallon bladder I got from Camping World years ago. It was made by a company in CA, though I don't recall the name. I think CW still carries them. Mine has lasted extremely well for a very long time. I have been impressed that it is very easy to dry after use and I have never had any mold inside it.
Just be sure to buy something that is confirmed for use with potable water.
When boondocking, I can almost fill my fresh water tank, when empty, with the bladder. I would have a hard time fitting a 100 gallon bladder in my truck bed with my fifth wheel hitch in place, and I wouldn't want to put much of the bladder on the tailgate. You also have to consider the "roll" effect while driving any distance. I built a wood platform with sides to keep mind under control for longer distances.
2020 Eagle HT 30.5 CKTS Modern Farmhouse (16" wheels, spring shackles set on lower hole of frame, SumoSprings TSS-107-40, standard kingpin, B&W Companion slider, TST-507 TPMS, Progressive Industries hardwired 50A EMS HW-50C)
2019 F250 SRW SuperCab 4X4 SB 6.2 (10,000# GVW) 3.73 Axle 18" wheels
Nature Ist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 07:16 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
really do not want to be traveling with another 800+ pounds of weight while getting to where ever you are going and at 8.3 lbs per gallon that is what you are dealing with.
Our favorite Boon-Docking spots have water within a 5 miles along with sewer dumps sites. i would only use the Bladder when not towing. Our Camping partners have a 58 gallon portable black tank which works well keeping our two TT's Black/Gray Tanks empty. Since he is taking on the Black/Gray tanks i'll take on the fresh water end of the deal. 100 Gallons will would replenish both our TT's easily. I just want to make sure im getting something that will last and not puncture easily. The Banks is a little pricey, $200 on ebay and appositely no reviews to be found.

Also adding: I have the Reese Gooseneck so have the luxury having the entire bed when needed.
kirkelli is offline   Reply With Quote