Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-24-2019, 12:00 PM   #1

Posting some good news

On our recent trip out west, we hit some pretty rough roads, mainly in Indiana.
During one rough period, the window shad on the exit window came down, Upon inspection, the cause was a broken mounting bracket. The bracket broke because Jayco only used 2 mounts instead of the 3 recommended by the manufacturer.
I contacted the shade manufacturer, MCD, a division of Airexcel, explained my situation and cause and asked for a dealer where i could purchase new brackets. Their response was send us your address and we will ship them
right out at no cost to you.
I thought that this was fantastic customer service and should be recognized
2010 Toyota Tundra toad
Oma/opa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 12:01 PM   #2

Awesome! We often complain about bad service but rarely praise good service!
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 07:23 AM   #3

I had the same experience with MCD. Broken bracket (even when 3 were used). Called them to purchase, they sent me several as spares without hesitation. Good service.
jd99336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 07:50 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown View Post
Awesome! We often complain about bad service but rarely praise good service!
For sure.
Grumpy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 08:18 AM   #5

It's great to read a post about someone providing excellent service!

Charlie & Lizzie the Mini Dachshunds
2008 Jayco Eagle Super Lite 30.5 RLS
2015 F350 Lariet Crew Cab Long Bed 6.7 Diesel B&W Companion Hitch
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not.
Witt74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 01:19 PM   #6

Jayco/Entegra customer service gets a big thank for responding to several emails quickly with helpful information about slide out questions.
Dynamo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 09:25 AM   #7

We've had excellent service from Jayco and from the company everyone seems to knock - Camping World (Kaysville, UT)!
1980 Shasta 21; 1981 Coleman Tent Trailer
1978 VW Westfalia; lots of tents
koko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 07:14 PM   #8

I'd like to report some good news from Lippert. I ordered a 26" solid step from Reese Hitch. The steps came but were packaged incorrectly from the Chinese manufacturer and was a 30" step and I need a 26" wide step. Reese Hitch cheerfully refunded our money. Still needing a set of steps and thinking this was a one off problem I ordered a second set from Camping World. Same problem, box was marked correctly, but was a 30" wide steps. Camping World cheerfully refunded our money. I contacted Lippert to see if they knew of the problem and when the 26" steps would be available. I used their live chat, explained the the problem. The Lippert associate asked a few questions and asked, "How about we send you a set. Me, "OK, but how do I pay and I'd like the good price that I got from Reese. She said, "I'd like to send you one for FREE. I was dumb founded, they even paid for the shipping! The steps arrived today and were the 26" wide steps.

I'd like to give Lippert a tip of the cap for their excellent customer service!
GarlicDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 07:59 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by koko View Post
We've had excellent service from Jayco and from the company everyone seems to knock - Camping World (Kaysville, UT)!
I have had to drive from Draper UT where their camping world store is (I live in Sandy, the city that borders Draper to the north) to get parts that CW in Draper said they had in stock. Yes, the drive from Draper CW to Kaysville can be anywere from 40 minutes at night, to 2-hours in traffic.

The Kaysville store had the part actually in stock, that Draper said they had in stock that did not. Now the Kaysville location won't service our Seneca ESP claims because it is not our closest CW - can you or anyone explain why?
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 08:09 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarlicDude View Post

With that kind of service... I AGREE! They got you the right part too.

Old 06-06-2019, 06:18 AM   #11

I think we need a sticky page where everyone can post their good or great customer service experiences. As we have said we mostly complain about poor customer service, it would be nice to have a place where we can look for that organization that goes above and beyond. I had a good one with a local Audio Video shop A1 Dynamics very small one man shop. but willing to put the effort in to replace my radio/GPS system, as I had looked at Jayco and Ford dealers and they all were not too willing to even attempt it.
Forgot to mention only charged me $180 to remove and replace for over 4 hrs of work. Here in Canada that is unheard of.
Marshmellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 07:09 AM   #12
Site Team

Good suggestion!
Thread is now a sticky but moved over to the general chat area because good service is experienced in many areas.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 05:52 PM   #13
DRE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloPoke View Post
I have had to drive from Draper UT where their camping world store is (I live in Sandy, the city that borders Draper to the north) to get parts that CW in Draper said they had in stock. Yes, the drive from Draper CW to Kaysville can be anywere from 40 minutes at night, to 2-hours in traffic.

The Kaysville store had the part actually in stock, that Draper said they had in stock that did not. Now the Kaysville location won't service our Seneca ESP claims because it is not our closest CW - can you or anyone explain why?
Don't make sense as they both have the same owner. I have purchased 1 from each location.
DRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 07:02 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
Good suggestion!
Thread is now a sticky but moved over to the general chat area because good service is experienced in many areas.
And I will add to the GOOD SERVICE mobile RV guys...

His name is Stevie's Mobile RV service. He is a Carefree trained guy too. He came out and fixed out main slide out topper, and then did a tune and tighten on the rest of our awnings for $300. He even came back out later that evening to check up on how I felt the work was, later that evening.

When you are in the Minneapolis (Twin Cities Area) his number is 952-856-0718.

Old 06-09-2019, 07:24 AM   #15

My good news is after over 8 months of being moth balled everything is working well in my unit!
Jflyboym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 05:12 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarlicDude View Post
I'd like to report some good news from Lippert. I ordered a 26" solid step from Reese Hitch. The steps came but were packaged incorrectly from the Chinese manufacturer and was a 30" step and I need a 26" wide step. Reese Hitch cheerfully refunded our money. Still needing a set of steps and thinking this was a one off problem I ordered a second set from Camping World. Same problem, box was marked correctly, but was a 30" wide steps. Camping World cheerfully refunded our money. I contacted Lippert to see if they knew of the problem and when the 26" steps would be available. I used their live chat, explained the the problem. The Lippert associate asked a few questions and asked, "How about we send you a set. Me, "OK, but how do I pay and I'd like the good price that I got from Reese. She said, "I'd like to send you one for FREE. I was dumb founded, they even paid for the shipping! The steps arrived today and were the 26" wide steps.

I have also had outstanding service from Lippert. They are a component manufacturer but stand behind their products and go beyond.
Old 07-21-2019, 10:36 PM   #17
Site Team

I ordered a couple of new propane pigtails from Etrailer, and they have this really cool way to track your order. It's a map of the U.S., and it shows the progress of where your shipment is. After I received the order, there was an e-mail from them, indicating my package was delivered, a link to leave a review, and a name and phone number to call if I had any questions.
I was pleasantly surprised at them reaching out after the order. They are a wonderful place to do business with, and they really do have customer service. I'm very impressed!
New braided pigtails are on the TT, and good for a few more years.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 07:54 AM   #18

Let me chime in with kudos for Hitch House, here in Sarasota, FL. We recently set off on a trip, got just a couple of mile from home and our TT brakes stopped working. We called around the local RV shops and got responses from "Our service department isn't open today" to "Sure, bring it in next month".
Eventually, I called Hitch House... not an RV shop, but they did fit the towing package on our jeep, some years ago.
They said to come over right away,, and a tech spent half an hour crawling on the ground to diagnose an issue with the 7 pin connector. He did a temporary fix, quoted me a very reasonable price for a replacement at a later date, and only charged $20 "diagnostic fee"

Very impressive service, and I feel they deserve a mention here.

Jay Feather 19XUD, pushing a Jeep Grand Cherokee
WeRJuliian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 07:59 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeRJuliian View Post
Let me chime in with kudos for Hitch House, here in Sarasota, FL. We recently set off on a trip, got just a couple of mile from home and our TT brakes stopped working. We called around the local RV shops and got responses from "Our service department isn't open today" to "Sure, bring it in next month".
Eventually, I called Hitch House... not an RV shop, but they did fit the towing package on our jeep, some years ago.
They said to come over right away,, and a tech spent half an hour crawling on the ground to diagnose an issue with the 7 pin connector. He did a temporary fix, quoted me a very reasonable price for a replacement at a later date, and only charged $20 "diagnostic fee"

Very impressive service, and I feel they deserve a mention here.
If you haven't done so you might want to post a review on RV Service Reviews. Let others know about the experience.

RV Service Reviews
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 09:24 PM   #20

We have had excellent service from Apple Valley RV in Appleton WI over the years.
Chet & Marie is offline   Reply With Quote