Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-26-2022, 02:37 PM   #1

Price on new trailers.....Yikes

We have a 2017 3MRB Jayco that is in great condition. Someone contacted me and made an "offer" since they have watched me do maintenance on the TT. Their comment is that our TT looks brand new! Just out of curiosity I looked up prices on a new TT. Wow! We originally purchased the TT with plans to keep it for 10 years or so. With the prices of new trailers we've decided to spend "as much as we need" to continue to maintain it in top condition.

Our "10 year" limit was based upon reading that some parks wouldn't allow reservations for a trailer older than 10 years. Learned a lot since then. The best was speaking to a couple with an older trailer that looked excellent. He said they just put in an "updated" year every time they made a reservation and have never been questioned once.
2019 Chevy express 2500 Van Coversion. 2017 Jayco 23MRB: 26' total and Glacier Package. 2 Renogy solar panels. Married 49 years. Haley the mutt, 4 years old. "Excited to learn new things everyday and humbled by those who offer to help." And very grateful to our Moderators!
travelingjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 05:38 AM   #2

This is good to hear. While I might understand that a park may want to prevent run down campers from parking at their facility, the majority of campers do indeed take care of their investment, and just because it is 10 years or more old, the 10 year rule is foolish to apply to those that take pride in their camper.

Before I bought an RV, I had an old army canvas tent. Loved it, and sorry I gave it away (yes, gave it away). One camper came up to me and said it reminded him of his days in Korea! It did not seem there was ever any restrictions on tents as to age.

2005 Jayco GreyHawk Class C
2007 Ford F150
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 07:36 PM   #3

Objective rules are easier to defend than subjective rules, both at the reservation desk and, if it came to it, in court.
Old 01-29-2022, 11:10 AM   #4

My wife and I recently looked online at the 2022 version of our 2016 Pinnacle 38FLSA FW and the price we paid has doubled for the new 2022! I also found used 2016 models like mine, and they are asking the same price we paid 5 years ago on a used model. Supply and demand and the rising cost of electronic components is crazy!
RVing all my life......1st Jayco
ETCrockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 01:38 PM   #5

I was thinking about getting a Pinnacle 32rlts and calling up the dealer where I bought my 5th wheel from and they wanted $139,500 dollars.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote