Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-02-2013, 07:39 AM   #1

Prices Thread

To the forum admins: I'm not sure if you allow prices/deals to be discussed here. If that's not the case, I apologize and you can remove this post.

Hello Everyone,
I'm a new member of this forum and recently got my first travel trailer, a 154BH.
Although I had found plenty of technical information in this forum that helped me to decide which model to buy, I felt difficult to figure out a 'fair price' for the trailer.
The online tools one would use for buying a car (like Edmunds True Value) would not include TTs. So, I though that having a thread with out of the door prices would be useful.
I can't change anything on the deal I made, but maybe the information here may help other people to get better deals.
So here it goes:
State: WA; TT: 2012 154BH (New) - Out of the door price: (includes tax, licensing, a full bottle of propane and battery): $11436.97.
Hopefully other people will chime in with their deals and this can be a great resource for newcomers to help the negotiation.
Thanks,
Ricardo
RLFMENDES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:44 AM   #2

Bend, Oregon.
Bought 2013 154BH in January in Bend. $10,171 - full propane, extra battery, three months storage, documentation, license and title: 10,463.
Upgraded to Prodigy P2 controller; added axel flip and two vent covers: $377 installed.
I agree there are no comparison tools and it is very frustrating. Hope this helps other buyers. Taxes vary in states. Oregon has no sales tax.

Pictures:
https://www.jaycoowners.com/album.php?albumid=295
houdini101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:00 AM   #3

Welcome to the JOF Ricardo! Members are encouraged to check out this thread on how to save 30% on your new rv.
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:03 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthi View Post
Welcome to the JOF Ricardo! Members are encouraged to check out this thread on how to save 30% on your new rv.
Using your formula, I figure we saved a little over 31% off MSRP.

YMMV!!

While trying to figure out what we saved, I found the "MSRP" would vary, sometimes considerably, depending on what part of the country you were. For example, for my X23B, MSRP would range as high as $27,000 to as low as $23,000. So...... What is the real "MSRP"??
Gerard
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:15 PM   #5

Keystone RV - Greencastle, PA
2012 154BH
Contract price ON THE ROAD $10,135
INCLUDED:
- Aluminum rim upgrade (mounted)
- (USED) Equal-I-Zer WDH installed
- Tekonsha Brake Controller installed
- Fill LP
- PDI
- CAMCO Starter supplies, RV Wash, Sponge, Basic Sewer Hose, Fresh Water Hose, Septic Treatments
- Free Dealer RV Supplies Catalog
- 1 Month Free Storage
- 10% Discount on all future parts purchases (Valued Customer Card)
Threebutchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:42 AM   #6

I think the best way to determine reasonable prices is to shop the internet site, like RV Direct, RV Wholesalers, etc. See what they are pricing the trailer you wish to buy at and then look around at your dealers in the area, making sure you factor in transportation, etc. That's what I did about a year and a half ago when purchasing our HT 26.5 RLS. We priced it at RV Direct and then talked to a couple of dealers. They both were within about $2,000 of the RV Direct price before factoring in transportation to drive there and back to pick it up. We finally went with a dealer about 150 miles away, we don't have a Jayco dealer any closer, and the price was about $1,500 more than RV Direct, when I factored in a couple of options on the trailer we bought compared to my pricing from RV Direct. Now, this advice is probably wasted on you since you have already bought your trailer, but it's what we did.
2013 Polaris Sportsman 550 EXP
2008 Polaris Sportsman 700 X2
jal0710 is offline   Reply With Quote