Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-05-2015, 09:17 AM   #21

I have no problem with a flat rate as long as my tank is completely empty. Last year I was getting my tanks filled at a local major supplier His flat rate for a 20 lb. tank was less than all other filling stations that charged by the Gal.
If I were to only get partial refills then I would stay away from flat rate charges. I also have a total of seven tanks and use them for my BBQ grill So I am able to take a tank that has been in use and getting close to empty on the TT and change it with a filled tank and then use the used tank for the grill. Learned many years ago that tanks always run out when in the middle of cooking a good steak on a Sat evening or Sunday when back then you couldn't get tanks exchanged or filled on Sat evenings or Sundays

What's the difference between having a empty 20# bottle filled for a flat rate as compared to having a empty 20# bottle completely filled at a per/gal price when the price for gal is equal to the same amount?
bedrck46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 12:05 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedrck46 View Post
What's the difference between having a empty 20# bottle filled for a flat rate as compared to having a empty 20# bottle completely filled at a per/gal price when the price for gal is equal to the same amount?
To me, it's the principle of the matter, he makes money by not providing a service or product, I choose not to support that business model when I have a choice.

2011 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins
2012 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 297 BHS
Flyrotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 08:08 AM   #23

Billings MT

Just filled my 20lb tank at Bretz RV for their summer rate of .99 gallon. Also, Costco there had deisel for $2.169.

2020 Outdoors RV Glacier Peak Titanium
2013 Eagle 29.5RKS (traded in)
2013 Ford 6.7L diesel F350
Cosmik Debris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 04:07 PM   #24

Propane

Don't forget to use your Flying J Good Sam card, i just filled a 30# that was empty for 21.80 including tax @ Sunbury OH Flying J. It pays to shop around. Won't be long until we will need the propane for the furnace.

Happy & Safe Camping. Don't forgot to pause for a moment of Friday 9/11 for all those who lost their lives, and for all the safety forces who helped save so many lives! Bless our Fireman and Police & ALL LAW ENFORCEMENT>

Buckeyejim
Columbus Ohio
buckeyejim is offline   Reply With Quote