Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-16-2020, 06:57 PM   #1

Queen short mattresses locally?

Hey all. Getting excited to bring home our first RV soon. The mattress is horribly cheap looking in the 2020 Entegra 29v we bought. Has anyone found a local mattress store that sells queen short mattresses. We can’t fit a standard queen as the queen short just fits when the slide is in. I know I’d like a hybrid innerspring / memory foam not a 100% memory foam. The Brooklyn Bedding looks promising but I’d really prefer not to buy a mattress in a box. I’d love to find a mattress store locally that sells queen shorts.

Thanks. Pam
Old 02-16-2020, 07:15 PM   #2

Zinus has a short queen hybrid. I have the 10 inch memory foam short queen and we love it. Thinking about one for the house
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 08:11 PM   #3

We found several options on eBay, bought a firm memory foam and just cut the end off with a razor. Very reasonably priced too.
Old 02-16-2020, 08:50 PM   #4
Lost in the Woods

You could always just put a memory foam topper on the existing mattress, just cut it for length.
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 10:11 PM   #5

I had the same problem. The mattress that came with the trailer was not good. I don't really like memory foam. But all the mattresses nowadays have different amounts of memory foam. I didn't like the idea of getting one in a box, I couldn't imagine the quality could be near what I could get in a regular mattress from a local store. I called the local mattress places. They can get you the rv/short size. But they charge quite a premium for them. They told me they have to shut down the line to change the size. I decided to try out one from a box. It had good reviews. I have to say it is very comfortable. Much better quality than I imagined. It is as comfortable and is as good quality as our home mattress. I went with Mattressinsider.com

https://www.mattressinsider.com/inne...-mattress.html
GuanoJuano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 06:39 AM   #6

Thanks all !
Old 02-17-2020, 06:58 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsis1234 View Post
Has anyone found a local mattress store that sells queen short mattresses. We can’t fit a standard queen as the queen short just fits when the slide is in. I know I’d like a hybrid innerspring / memory foam not a 100% memory foam.
I know you want to find one locally, but don't bet the farm on that. I talked with local mattress stores, and the answers were "what's a short queen", and "that's a special order" with price tag to match.

We got the Zinus 10" innerspring "mattress in a box" from Amazon and have loved it. 4 years now, at 45+ nights a year. And the price is great.

Roger

TV 2010 Ford F-150 Supercab
TT 2016 Jay Feather 23RLSW
rkresge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 09:11 AM   #8

We have a SleepNumber RV Queen and I understand these are now available at their stores. CW when we purchased had an exclusive deal but the $ were not bad.
poohbear is offline   Reply With Quote