Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-02-2010, 09:37 AM   #1

Radio

I took my new 26BH to the storage lot this past Saturday for the first time. I went back on Monday to drop some items off and noticed that the radio was on when I went in. I was pretty sure I shut it off, but thought maybe, just maybe, I didn't. Well, I went back today and the radio was back on again! Now, this time, I know I did shut it off.

On my popup, I always disconnected the battery when in storage, as there was a simple quick release between the battery and the box. Where is my shut off on the TT? There isn't anything like this, as far as I can tell, around my battery and I haven't a shut off inside (although I already know someone is going to answer me "oh yes there is! you weren't paying attention to the walk through!" )
Darrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 09:59 AM   #2

I saw a thread the other day on another board, about a lady whos radio was mysteriously coming on for no reason, I ll see if there was an answer. Maybe youve got ghosts. LOL
Old 06-02-2010, 11:50 AM   #3

Most TT's do not have a shut off switch. I have installed an inline fuse that I remove verses the shut off, but they both accomplish the same thing.
As for the radio, are you sure your radio does not have a timer so it turns itself on at 6:00am or whatever time it may be set at, much like an alarm?

Not all radios have that feature, but just my thought as to what could be the problem since you are sure you shut it off last time, then it should have been OFF.

Daryl and Sandy
2013 Eagle 314BDS
2014 Ford F150 Platinum, 4 x 4 Crew Cab with Ecoboost
Equal-i-zer Hitch
OurJayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 06:25 PM   #4

mine came on mysteriously a few times then I noticed that there was a sleep timer setting that had accidently got turned on .
Haul n it all is offline   Reply With Quote