Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-21-2019, 06:58 AM   #1

Readybrute warning

Others may be fully aware of this little detail, but either I missed it in the instructions or perhaps my ReadyBrute is old enough it wasn't included (mine is 3 years old).

After about 5K miles of towing my 2016 Jeep Cherokee I began to notice some wearing of the aluminum clevis that attaches to the Blue Ox tabs on the front of the Jeep. During our current 6K trip this became a bit more problematic.

I contacted ReadyBrute and the response was a bit less than I hoped for from them. They said this is a known issue caused by the bent handle hitch pins the unit ships with. It is remedied by tossing those and buying (of course they offer them on their site) the tractor type hitch pins that have a 90 degree shoulder. I stopped at a Tractor Supply and bought a pair for $3 each.

I asked RB customer service why they just don't ship with this pin instead of the 45 degree cheapo's but have not received a response.

I recommend you toss the old pins and buy some good replacements. The ones I bought are grade 8 and have handles on them but that may be over kill. Replacement Clevis' are about $100 if my memory is correct.
jd99336 is offline   Reply With Quote