Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-22-2021, 10:55 AM   #1

Recliner Theater Seating Heat

I have the Stacy Stewart Theater seating recliners. My RV is a 2020. I have had to replace the seat heater(s) 2X already! This is getting really annoying!
Jayco has been great with sending me new ones (5 mins to install) but they don't last! My newest one has only been used maybe 10X and has now stopped working!! I am the only one using it, I live alone. I am 5'9" and weigh 135.
Is anybody else having this issue??
Below is a picture of my recliner and the seat heater.

Is it possible to fix this heater somehow??
Is there a better heater that I can get that will last??

Thanks in advance!!
Attached Thumbnails
20211222_094017.jpg   20211222_094054.jpg  

My Smoker Adventure:
I bought a really cool small smoker, if interested PM me.
Spower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 08:11 PM   #2

I remember that after we had ordered our trailer the first of December last year our dealer told us that the heated seats in the theater seating had been discontinued in all future production, and that ours would not have that. He said that they had too many problems with the heaters. Ours were delivered without heaters.
Old 12-22-2021, 09:44 PM   #3

Are they 12 volt? If so, look for an automotive pads. Example of key words "12 volt heated seat pad"

https://www.amazon.com/WATERCARBON-L...%2C116&sr=8-17

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 07:07 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTGT View Post
I remember that after we had ordered our trailer the first of December last year our dealer told us that the heated seats in the theater seating had been discontinued in all future production, and that ours would not have that. He said that they had too many problems with the heaters. Ours were delivered without heaters.
My Theater Seats were advertised and specified to have massage and heat when I placed my order for a 2021 27RB. The trailer was delivered with neither.

Aside from the missing features, I paid for something I never received. Jayco did not compensate me for this loss.

Anyone who ordered Theater Seats with these features should have received a credit since they paid for something they didn't receive.
HAL9001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 10:54 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagiven View Post
Are they 12 volt? If so, look for an automotive pads. Example of key words "12 volt heated seat pad"

https://www.amazon.com/WATERCARBON-L...%2C116&sr=8-17
Mine is 12v but does not run off the battery. I wonder if this idea would work? Plug and play?

My Smoker Adventure:
Old 12-23-2021, 10:56 AM   #6

Quote:
Oh wow, interesting! I really like the heat, if it would only last. They are sending me another new one (#4).

How do you like your trailer??

My Smoker Adventure:
Old 12-23-2021, 11:56 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spower View Post
Mine is 12v but does not run off the battery. I wonder if this idea would work? Plug and play?
The fivers i have looked at had a power brick behind the sofa ( think laptop power supply). Could be any voltage. But 12v would be like hitting the Easy Button. Lots of options if that is the case

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 07:33 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spower View Post
Oh wow, interesting! I really like the heat, if it would only last. They are sending me another new one (#4).

How do you like your trailer??
We love it. We have had a few things to correct or repair, but we appear to have gotten very lucky with ours--I have had the fewest repairs in the 9 months that we have had it of any RV that we have had. All but the first RV was new, and this is #7. I was looking forward to the heat and massage in the seating, but based on your post I guess that it was really a problem. At this point I would forgo the warranty replacement and buy an aftermarket pad and replace it myself, not worth the hassle.
Old 12-24-2021, 10:01 AM   #9

Quote:
We love it. We have had a few things to correct or repair, but we appear to have gotten very lucky with ours--I have had the fewest repairs in the 9 months that we have had it of any RV that we have had. All but the first RV was new, and this is #7. I was looking forward to the heat and massage in the seating, but based on your post I guess that it was really a problem. At this point I would forgo the warranty replacement and buy an aftermarket pad and replace it myself, not worth the hassle.
I love mine too (2020)! I also feel very lucky. I had only a few very minor issues that I fixed myself. This trailer is very well made. I am currently in Colorado in the cold and the enclosed insulated underbelly is working great!!

Lippert is sending me one more heat pad, after that I will go for an after market one.

My Smoker Adventure:
Old 09-05-2022, 06:23 PM   #10

We have the same problem. Our dealer cant get the part. If i get the pad from Amazon how is it installed in the chair? I cant see any way to do it without ripping the seat apart.
2020 Jayco Eagle 330 RSTS
hinklen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 07:28 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinklen View Post
We have the same problem. Our dealer cant get the part. If i get the pad from Amazon how is it installed in the chair? I cant see any way to do it without ripping the seat apart.
2020 Jayco Eagle 330 RSTS
Mine have a zipper along the back of the bottom seat part.

My Smoker Adventure:
Old 09-06-2022, 02:33 PM   #12

We have the same recliners in our 2020 Eagle 317RLOK. So far the only issue we have had with them is turning on the heat or other features accidentally! Personally, I don't use the features much, but the recliners are great for naps!!
RFactor1 is offline   Reply With Quote