Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-27-2013, 06:30 AM   #21

I have been with State Farm from day one (back in the 50's) Everything except life insurance is with them. Just make my payments and have never had any major claims... State farm and Metropolitan are the only two birthday cards I get in the mail sometimes haha... State Farm does financing now which includes free GAP insurance at our local state farm office.

Who knows who is the best....
RETIRED DOD DOAF DON CONTRACTOR Electronics Tech 42YRS

"We're burning daylight" - John Wayne
2008 STARCRAFT 14RT OFF-ROAD POPUP with PD9260C and three 85AH 12VDC batteries
2010 F150 FX4 5.4 GAS with 3.73 gears - Super Cab - Towing Package - 2KW Honda EU2000i Gen
K9PHT (since 1957) 146.52Mhz
"We always have a PLAN B"
RoyBraddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 09:08 AM   #22

I think it's very important to shop rates. I had Allstate for over 25 years and didn't realize how much too much I had been paying until we moved to another state and I needed to change agents. This got me to checking.

I've insured our autos and TTs with Safeco and now Hartford. I turn collision on and off depending on whether the trailers are stored. Coverage is very cheap, but they don't cover contents. That's on our homeowners, which has a high deductible. I need to do something about that. Also, Hartford won't cover our ATVs and SUV. Those are still with Safeco. No rate problems with either so far.

But it's interesting how with only one small claim filed in over 50 years, any company can always find a reason to raise rates or disallow a discount. The most entertaining reason was a few years ago when one sent me a renewal notice of several thousand dollars. The reason for the increase was that they claimed that I had a DUI conviction and my wife had no drivers license. Well, I don't drink and she at the time drove a bus, CDL and all. They said it was my problem to fix with the MVA. Another company checked with MVA and said we were both clear. Some customer service!
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 09:22 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kave&Lucky View Post
Now that's odd! my agent is located in Kentucky of all places!!

BTW Bassdogs, I'm not questioning your post. It just seems odd that Allied has an agent in a state they don't offer coverage. But I also know the insurance industry is fickle at best!
Insurance Companies will often stop writing in specific locations/states at particular times. It's not that they cancel existing policies, or won't write again in the future--so yes their will be agents who can't write new customers. Existing customers can get policies written/amended as necessary.

Sort of like in the gulf states, if a hurricane is in the forecast insurance companies stop writing till the risk has passed.
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 02:11 PM   #24

USAA is by far the best in my book.
Old 11-21-2013, 05:14 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSGentry View Post
USAA is by far the best in my book.
X2
Z71 Extended Cab w/Longbed, 5.3 ltr

Coleman Tent, Flagstaff Pop-Up, Jayco Eagle, Flagstaff Pop-Up, RPM Toy Hauler, Jayco White Hawk - Our camping evolution
stjohneyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 06:48 PM   #26

3Butchers, my experience with Hartford (through AARP) was not as good as yours. We were with them for 20+ years.
muelldawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 12:28 PM   #27

We are full-timers going on 15 years- We are very satisfied with our coverage through Good Sam/Camping World- Have had several claims over the years which have always been settled to our satisfaction- In one instance, an adjuster was sent out to do the paperwork- All other claims were handled by phone- I can't testify to the costs of other companies but I believe you get what you pay for- I also like doing business with a company that has experience with rvs- JMHO- DD
Old 05-30-2014, 06:54 PM   #28

Kave and Lucky. same experience here with Allied. No one has ever given me a quote that will compete.
Bluesky46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 07:24 PM   #29

I like Good Sam's which is GMAC or National General now I guess. I originally had State Farm but the Good Sam insurance rebates the collision portion while the trailer is in storage - since you can't collide with anything. Rates are similar to State Farm but the rebate deal was the kicker. Used it once for some damage - worked fine. Only issue I've had is that when you go paper-less, all you get is a note saying "documents are ready to view" when it is time to renew and you have to logon to see the notice. Unfortunately this is the same note you get when they change their privacy policy or want to communicate anything so it's easy to miss.

2013 Jayco Jayfeather Ultra Lite 242
altalk is offline   Reply With Quote