Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-07-2020, 04:01 PM   #1

RejeX

Ok y'all I bit. The 2 16oz bottles of Rejex to wax the TT an the truck just arrived. So help me if this doesn't work as good as everybody has said it does I'll be that ghost in the movie The Ghost an Mr. Chicken an haunt you from campground to campground. You'll never rest.
Old 05-07-2020, 05:28 PM   #2
Site Team

You are going to wax mine when you are finished right?
2015 MB Sprinter 2500 Passenger 2.1L Diesel
2007 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 5.9L G56

Midnightmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 06:12 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodworker View Post
Ok y'all I bit. The 2 16oz bottles of Rejex to wax the TT an the truck just arrived. So help me if this doesn't work as good as everybody has said it does I'll be that ghost in the movie The Ghost an Mr. Chicken an haunt you from campground to campground. You'll never rest.
Rejex is one of the best............you won't be disappointed! Easy to apply and remove.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 06:45 PM   #4
CAG

You have plenty to do the job. One 16 oz bottle would do the 37 ft toy hauler with some left over. Don't put it on too thick. Light coat and wait like the instructions say. The other thing is to keep it out of the sun for 10-12 hours if you can. Sometimes that is not possible but it does cure better. So they say.

I love the stuff and all my vehicle get a dose or two a year. Sure makes the bugs slide off when you wash it again.

CAG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 02:43 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
You have plenty to do the job. One 16 oz bottle would do the 37 ft toy hauler with some left over. Don't put it on too thick. Light coat and wait like the instructions say. The other thing is to keep it out of the sun for 10-12 hours if you can. Sometimes that is not possible but it does cure better. So they say.

I love the stuff and all my vehicle get a dose or two a year. Sure makes the bugs slide off when you wash it again.
Maybe I can apply it towards the evening so I can get that 10-12hrs. Even then the sun will be hitting both truck an trailer for a few hrs.
Our trailer is a 28ft an I was hoping 1 bottle would cover it so that's good news. I just hope it lasts like it's supposed to. I'm tired of waxing my truck for it to only last a week or so.
Old 05-08-2020, 05:56 AM   #6

Been using it for years. Easy on easy off. You do not need to put this stuff on thick. A thin coat will do the job. Living in Texas I switched to it for the uv protection.

Enjoy the journey
Trapper2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 06:06 AM   #7

I watched a you tube video this morning of a detailer applying it to a red car. The guy let it set about 10 minutes an it looked hazy. He said it was not that easy to remove. He let the roof of the car sit for about 15 minutes an he said it was easier to remove. It looked easier to. I guess I should let it sit for at least 15 minutes if not 20 before wiping down.
Old 05-08-2020, 06:29 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodworker View Post
I watched a you tube video this morning of a detailer applying it to a red car. The guy let it set about 10 minutes an it looked hazy. He said it was not that easy to remove. He let the roof of the car sit for about 15 minutes an he said it was easier to remove. It looked easier to. I guess I should let it sit for at least 15 minutes if not 20 before wiping down.
I am on the fence about giving this a try. Let us know how it turns out. My biggest concern is my aluminum sided trailer always makes it difficult to remove the wax.

Are you planning on doing all by hand?

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 07:16 AM   #9

All by hand. The thought of using any electrified piece of equipment on a paint job terrifies me LOL
Old 05-24-2020, 02:39 PM   #10

Thought I would try doin mu tailgate while the smoker was fired up. It went on very easy. Bottle said to wait 10-15 before wiping off. Beer may have been involved but before I remembered 30 minutes went by. It wiped right off. No effort at all an the Tailgate feels like glass. An being a white truck you don't get a lot of depth or reflection anyway but the reflection is nice. Cant wait to do the rest of the truck
Old 05-25-2021, 08:09 PM   #11

I got a couple bottles of Rejex delivered -- come to find out, 1 should be enough to do our TT, which I washed today and dried with a chamois cloth before applying the Rejex. Ran out of time, but managed to get 1 side done. It's very easy to apply and then wipe off once it's dried to a haze.