Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-16-2016, 05:12 PM   #11

Craig,

I am not sure about the site Sean linked, but RVlocksandmore.com has storage door cam locks that are keyed for the Global Key. We went from 4 keys to 2. Only the outdoor shower is still a 751, and that is because of the crazy weird mounting of the cam, and it is shorter in length than what the cam locks are from RVL&M. RVL&M may even have a whole replacement lock set for you with the Global Keys so you can get all the doors on the same key.

I don't recall who, but a member I think here (maybe RV.net???) mentioned they modded a a "catch" for the cam lock so their outdoor shower also had the same key. I would love to see some pics. Just need to find where it was posted and by who!!!

'16 Jay Flight 32 BHDS ELITE 32 BHDS MODS Reese DC HP

WDH SET UP. HOW A WDH WORKS. CAT SCALE HOW TO.
need-a-vacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 05:42 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by need-a-vacation View Post
Craig,

I am not sure about the site Sean linked, but RVlocksandmore.com has storage door cam locks that are keyed for the Global Key. We went from 4 keys to 2. Only the outdoor shower is still a 751, and that is because of the crazy weird mounting of the cam, and it is shorter in length than what the cam locks are from RVL&M. RVL&M may even have a whole replacement lock set for you with the Global Keys so you can get all the doors on the same key.

I don't recall who, but a member I think here (maybe RV.net???) mentioned they modded a a "catch" for the cam lock so their outdoor shower also had the same key. I would love to see some pics. Just need to find where it was posted and by who!!!

Ok, so you found cores that took the same type of key that the outside kitchen takes?

Here's a pic of my Bauer entry keys:

And your whole trailer now uses a global key like my outside kitchen:

Sorry to beat on this topic, but rekeying or recoreing is foreign to me.

Thanks

Craig Bailey
New England
2007 Chevy 2500HD crew
2015 Jayco Jayflight 32BHDS

2007 Chevy 2500HD Crew 4x4 Z71
ctbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 06:48 PM   #13

Craig,

My trailer had a sticker on it for the RVLocksandMore.com website. They were also all global keys for our 2 entry doors and the outdoor kitchen. So I had my local locksmith order 2 sets of matching cylinders that were the same key code as the outdoor kitchen, a set of cam locks for the pass through doors, and a couple of the lighted keys.

Try RVLocksandMore.com for what I believe is a replacement door lock set for your trailer. It appears you can request a specific key code, which you could match to the outdoor kitchen. They state a direct replacement for the Baur lock set. You just end up replacing the whole assembly.

Maybe give them a call tmrw and talk to them.

Hope this helps!

Old 08-27-2016, 06:36 PM   #14

Update: Lock set #339 is spoken for.

Still have lock set cylinders #332 is still available if anyone is interested. Just pm me.

Craig,

Have you looked into a matching lock set yet?

Old 03-22-2017, 03:20 PM   #15

#332 lock cylinder set (including the deadbolt cylinder) is still available.

If anyone who has two entry doors could use it so their keys match just post up. First come first claimed!

You will need the yellow key from global, available only to dealers and locksmiths to swap the cylinders out.

Old 03-22-2017, 04:49 PM   #16

Ahhh.... those of us in the snowbelt are starting to emerge....

Need: walk me through the process. I'm gonna ask some dumb questions, so bear with.

Do we need (4) identical cores to have single key access to main door and bathroom door?

I have a 357 and a 307??? (I'm using memory so don't hold me to it.). If I found someone who had an extra pair of 357's I could buy them/ trade them? And then have a local locksmith swap them in?

Then I'd send someone else the 307 pair?
ctbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 06:01 PM   #17

CT,

Yes, that's my crazy idea of doing a pay it forward for the lock cylinders. Just hoping those that have swapped theirs out haven't just tossed the locks in the trash. Be kind of hard to get someone to send you their cylinders and not have a way to lock the rig up.

If you have the Global Keys for both your entry doors and the outdoor kitchen, I would suggest keying both entry doors to the outdoor kitchen. That's what I did, as I am not 100% sure the outdoor kitchen cylinders can be removed like the entry doors cylinders can. At least on mine, as it has the slam latches for the outdoor kitchen.

Chances are your locksmith would have to order the yellow key from RVLocksandMore.com. Mine did. But offer to pay for the key as long as he lets you (or he does it) swap the cylinders in the parking lot for no charge above the yellow key cost. Then he just keeps the yellow key for possible future customers.

I think it cost me about $50 w/ s/h for both entry door cylinders, two cam locks for the pass through doors, two lighted keys, and paying for the yellow key. Was well worth it to me.

Our winter this year was not that cooperative for snowmobiling.... one w/e could have gone (between life and work kept busy other w/e's up to that point) but held off hoping for the following w/e to be better. Lost big time in that gamble.... Then the annual guys trip to Soo, Ontario area was even cancelled, so YES, I am ready for Spring and the phone call to p/u the 32 out of its inside winter hibernation!!! Lol

Hope all is well!!!