Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-15-2023, 11:16 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murff View Post
My first camping trip as a newlywed (was that really 50 years ago?) and we went to Yellowstone. Also, totally unprepared. Tried finding a campsite that even allowed tents was hard to find, due to the bears. We had our dog with us. Finally got the pup tent set up and froze our hineys off as it was first part of June. Besides freezing, a neighbor's motorhome furnace went off about every 20 minutes and it was noisy!

Around 4 AM, we heard this noise on the ground and a metallic rattling noise that was first faint and then louder as it got closer and then would fade again. This happened several times before I finally crawled out of the tent to find the dog had pulled it's corkscrew stake out of the ground and was running and playing with another dog. Dog spent the next few hours in the car.

Learned a lot that trip. Ever try to produce kindling without a hatchet and all you have is a rubber mallet and and cross lug wrench?

Murff
lol, lol, lol!

I was a very experienced tent camper when my wife and I went camping on our first anniversary. Only, all of my camping had either been in the spring and fall when it was cool to cold and at the beach in the summer where it was sweaty hot. For our anniversary trip, we went to the mountains in early June. I fretted so much about the heat that she didn't pack us anything more than shorts + short-sleeve shirts. We FROZE trying to sit by the fire, at the table playing games, and while we ate a remake of our wedding cake.

The next day, we drove to the nearby RV park where we bought a couple of rather expensive sweatshirts!

We still chuckle about that one periodically.
Old 02-15-2023, 11:43 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
lol, lol, lol!

I was a very experienced tent camper when my wife and I went camping on our first anniversary. Only, all of my camping had either been in the spring and fall when it was cool to cold and at the beach in the summer where it was sweaty hot. For our anniversary trip, we went to the mountains in early June. I fretted so much about the heat that she didn't pack us anything more than shorts + short-sleeve shirts. We FROZE trying to sit by the fire, at the table playing games, and while we ate a remake of our wedding cake.

The next day, we drove to the nearby RV park where we bought a couple of rather expensive sweatshirts!

We still chuckle about that one periodically.
Newlywed tent camping must’ve been the thing about 50 years ago. On our honeymoon, we spent the first few nights in hotels and the next week tent camping. In a pup tent. First night on the Oregon coast, we woke up to pouring rain and lying in a puddle of cold water. It got better from there and we still laugh about it. Not so much when it happened, though.
😁 "If a man says he’ll fix something, he will. There’s no need to remind him every 6 months.
LuckyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote