Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-18-2022, 01:00 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO Mtns View Post
To be clear, CW told me that they would do the repair and then submit the warranty claim to Jayco, and if Jayco didn't cover it, then I would have to pay CW (at their labor and part rates). They said that they wouldn't just submit the claim to Jayco first before doing the repair.
Yeah, this sounded fishy to me too. I did have CW do some minor repairs last summer and Jayco did cover all of it (CW actually did the repairs in just a week or so and got Jayco to cover it within a week after that - I didn't pay anything for the repairs).
I have additional repairs needed now but I am very leery of this arrangement. Anyone else have CW (or other dealer) insist on this requirement for the dealer to do the work first and then submit claim to Jayco? If CW insists on that arrangement, I will take it to another dealer.
In a word, to answer your last question-NO! I purchased my Jayfeather from Camping World OKC, and upon doing the pre-delivery it all went down hill...fast.
As I had looked at several units on the lot, verbally committed to trade, and finance, and was finalizing the deal, the representative asked if I'd like to look at MY unit. It was a different 23RL than I had previously looked at. Upon inspecting, noted a couple of minor items, but the "big one" was the screw point pushing out of the fiberglass front cap. I pointed that out and was told "You will have to bring this back to get it repaired." I explained that was not in the "realm" of going to happen soon, as I was 200 miles from home. I took the unit with exceptions.
Point being, I took the tt to Pharr's RV in Lubbock, 100 miles from home seven months later after the A/C failed at Texas Motor Speedway. I asked them to look at a couple of things, including the front cap and explained that "...it was that way when CW sold it to me." Moans...but we'll take care of it. The only thing they recommended was when parts come in, bring it back and we'll need to winterize it. ETA of parts was first week of January, estimated down time a week.
Took tt in, left it and EVERYTHING on the list was fixed, repaired, adjusted except A/C. Paid my $129.00 winterization fee (glad I did, snowed and was down to 11 degrees while in the shop). Pharr's told me the A/C was untestable because of weather.
Took the tt to Scottsdale end of February. A/C not needed first couple of days but did not work when I needed it. CW of Phoenix told me "You can drop it off, we could get to it in a month or so.". Called Eric's RV Mobile repair and he told me if he had a 15k Dometic unit I'd have to pay up front and get reimbursed from Jayco. He could have a replacement by Monday (it was Wednesday, going home Sunday).

Took the tt back by Pharr's and they plugged me in....shore 'nuff not cooling. We'll have it ready in an hour. I dropped the trailer, bought new tires for the tv, picked up tt with new A/C installed and didn't have to spend a penny, other than the $1,000.00+ for the new tires.
At no time did Pharr's ever suggest I might have to pay for something because it "might not be covered under warranty".
At no time did CW offer me any help or advise regarding something they sold me.
My first tt was a Jayco I purchased from Camperland Oklahoma 10 years ago. They addressed the one and only warranty issue by sending me the studor valve to repair a defective one permitting grey water tank gassing, that I told them I could replace myself. Jayco is not the issue. It's your dealer.
kblast523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 02:10 PM   #22

Quote:
To be clear, CW told me that they would do the repair and then submit the warranty claim to Jayco, and if Jayco didn't cover it, then I would have to pay CW (at their labor and part rates). They said that they wouldn't just submit the claim to Jayco first before doing the repair.

Yeah, this sounded fishy to me too. I did have CW do some minor repairs last summer and Jayco did cover all of it (CW actually did the repairs in just a week or so and got Jayco to cover it within a week after that - I didn't pay anything for the repairs).

I have additional repairs needed now but I am very leery of this arrangement. Anyone else have CW (or other dealer) insist on this requirement for the dealer to do the work first and then submit claim to Jayco? If CW insists on that arrangement, I will take it to another dealer.
No Way!!!

A few years ago I needed a brake repair, called Jayco, and they said to call CW, Loveland. Called them immediately, they said be there first thing in a.m. and I was on the road in less than two hours later. Great service and friendly, knowledgeable techs. Hope they are as good as we found them to be.

However, I would never go there without an assurance from Jayco that they would cover a repair under warranty. I'd sooner find a trailer repair shop or some other dealer, but not one asking for a blank check.
Hollander Mutthaulers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 02:37 PM   #23
VKC

My dealer checks with insurance first before any repairs are done. I also use a repair shop that doesn’t sale but is authorized to do repairs Avoid CW when possible
VKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 02:43 PM   #24

After a saleman at CW told what trailers my 2009 Explorer Sport Trac could tow, I asked if he lied to everyone or just me? He stuttered and asked what I meant. I told him I have been towing trailers since 1983 and the ones that he said my TV would tow, was all BS and I would be unsafe, not only to myself, but also the motoring public as the trailers were too heavy.

I don't know how long he had been selling RVs, but I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't part of a lawsuit due to either his stupidity or his greed.

I also think their new Trailer Life/Camping World RV Magazine sucks and can't wait for my subscription to expire!

Just my opinion and worth what you paid for it.

Murff

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 02:43 PM   #25
VKC

Go to forums- select General, Class C, or whatever you have then tap new at top
Old 05-18-2022, 02:46 PM   #26
VKC

Forums is at the top of this page in the yellow hi light
Old 05-18-2022, 05:26 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murff View Post
I also think their new Trailer Life/Camping World RV Magazine sucks and can't wait for my subscription to expire!

Just my opinion and worth what you paid for it.

Murff
I agree 100%. They completely ruined Trailer Life. We cancelled after 2-3 issues of the new rag. We really miss Trailer Life and Motor Home magazines.
gunafulltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 06:51 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunafulltime View Post
I agree 100%. They completely ruined Trailer Life. We cancelled after 2-3 issues of the new rag. We really miss Trailer Life and Motor Home magazines.
It was a sad day. I subscribed to Trailer Life and Motorhome from 1984 on. Then they combined my subsciptions and print the new trash pale liner.

Yeeesh!!!

Murff

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 09:53 AM   #29

Quote:
I bought my jayco at Camping World (yeah, I know!). I took it in once for some warranty work and they said that they do the repairs first and then submit it to Jayco to see if it is covered under the warranty. They said I would have to pay for the repairs unless Jayco agreed it was covered by the warranty. Is that typical?

Thanks!
"Oh, H*LL NO."

Q: How do you know when a CW service manager is lying?
A: His/Her lips are moving.
teejaywhy is offline   Reply With Quote