Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-30-2020, 04:18 PM   #1

Replacement Jayco Eagle Decals

Hi Everyone, I have a 2013 Jayco Eagle 314 BDS Travel trailer. Been fighting the oxidation on the front pretty well over the years. Stored inside in winter. Waxed and buffed twice a year to fill the pours in the gel coat. Looking to have front cap repainted. Looking at over $2600 in decals Any help on where I could find decals for less or thoughts/pics of what others have done in terms of decals after repainting? Thank you in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
20200528_093546_resized_1.jpg   20200529_123749_resized.jpg   20200528_093554_resized_1.jpg  
craig62285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 04:49 PM   #2
Lost in the Woods

Here's two ideas.... look on Amazon for "RV decals", you'll see a bunch of different ones available... or...

Get the front done in a custom vinyl wrap (like my rig). Local vinyl guys can design what ever you want, and they can wrap just about anything. No waxing needed...
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 04:58 PM   #3

Pain then wrap in whatever i want or no pain and just have them wrap it now as is? Take others off. Just cover over the oxidation on top with a wrap?
craig62285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 08:55 PM   #4
Lost in the Woods

If you go the vinyl wrap route, I don't think you need to paint underneath it. The wrap ends up being like wallpaper. The cool thing is that any type of design/color can be done on a wrap, so you have a clean pallet to design whatever you want, or you can even match the original paint job and decals, just as one big sheet.
Old 05-30-2020, 08:57 PM   #5
Lost in the Woods

When I had my rig wrapped, it was brand new, and I had the vinyl guy take off all the Jayco decals and all the Redhawk striping, so he has a flat white body to wrap on. I guess you can wrap right over the old decals too, you'll have to ask the vinyl guy what he suggests. It's easy enough to peel the old decals off and leave the existing paint.
Old 05-31-2020, 09:21 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredOne View Post
When I had my rig wrapped, it was brand new, and I had the vinyl guy take off all the Jayco decals and all the Redhawk striping, so he has a flat white body to wrap on. I guess you can wrap right over the old decals too, you'll have to ask the vinyl guy what he suggests. It's easy enough to peel the old decals off and leave the existing paint.
With a wrap, can you wax and clean just as you would with a full body paint or gel coat?
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 01:51 PM   #7
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
With a wrap, can you wax and clean just as you would with a full body paint or gel coat?
I just wash it, no wax required because of the clear layer on the vinyl. Plus, I noticed the vinyl doesn't hold the dirt like paint does, so very little dirt actually collects on it, and the next rain just washes it away.