Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-12-2016, 07:16 PM   #1

Res. Fridge water line

Have had my North Point 383flfs for a month now, knock on wood no major issues yet. One thing that has me puzzled. The waterline for the refrigerator ice and water runs under the slide out and enters through the floor under the stove, there is a sticker right on the counter that says water must be shut off below 34* to avoid damage. Pictures attached of waterline under slide (sorry it's dark out) other pictures show the kitchen layout and the sink supply lines. My question is can anyone justify the warerline for the Fridge running outside. Why not tee off the sink supply run under drawer and stove to the fridge? That would eliminate the need to shut it off durin cold weather camping and also avoid the kinking of the line during operation of the slide.
Attached Thumbnails
20161012_205456.jpg   20161012_205528.jpg   20161012_205712.jpg  
Hoppy220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 07:18 PM   #2

Kitchen layout is to big to post but kitchen slide sink is on the right hand side, cabinet of drawers to left of sink, stove to left of cabinet, the refrigerator
Old 10-13-2016, 04:57 AM   #3

Managed to resize pic. Kitchen layout
Attached Thumbnails
Kitchen.jpg  
Old 10-13-2016, 07:44 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppy220 View Post
Have had my North Point 383flfs for a month now, knock on wood no major issues yet. One thing that has me puzzled. The waterline for the refrigerator ice and water runs under the slide out and enters through the floor under the stove, there is a sticker right on the counter that says water must be shut off below 34* to avoid damage. Pictures attached of waterline under slide (sorry it's dark out) other pictures show the kitchen layout and the sink supply lines. My question is can anyone justify the warerline for the Fridge running outside. Why not tee off the sink supply run under drawer and stove to the fridge? That would eliminate the need to shut it off durin cold weather camping and also avoid the kinking of the line during operation of the slide.
Using logic will get you nowhere when discussing the "why's" in an RV!