Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-16-2019, 01:11 PM   #1

Residential Refrigerator- Whirlpool

2020 Seismic with Whirlpool refrigerator. Ice maker makes ice but it won't dispense. Motor turns, auger turns by hand.
It appears the the ice bucket moves up as the motor turns.
Any thoughts or similar experiences?
Spadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 07:14 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spadoc View Post
2020 Seismic with Whirlpool refrigerator. Ice maker makes ice but it won't dispense. Motor turns, auger turns by hand.
Pull the ice bucket out and make sure there is no shipping packing still in there. The cogs should mate and turn the auger. My guess is packing material.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 08:12 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
Pull the ice bucket out and make sure there is no shipping packing still in there. The cogs should mate and turn the auger. My guess is packing material.
+1 for this. I just found a tape strip that both the dealer and I missed for 16 months. Tons of packing/tape in those fridges.
morleyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 07:10 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spadoc View Post

Be happy it’s only ice. Mine quit cooling and now we carry a cooler on every trip and fear buying any foods as it runs after a good let’s call it defrost for half a day until it quits cooling again.
Tech came out and said besides a damper bad the freezer door was bad and letting in air.
So new door arrives and gets installed, next trip our same story. Tech comes out says door is bad, orders another one and a cooling fan. Ok new door arrives he comes out and guess what the baskets are poorly installed again and glue too hot and sloppy put on so won’t seal well. 3 doors bad.
Just thankful Jayco offered a two year warranty and not to mention it took literally hours on call after call after call to get to the right people. Camper dealer said not there problem and it’s a whirlpool problem. Sure is. So we’re getting ready for a three week outing and guess what is going with us. The cooler. Too bad.
Who ever heard of a residential refrigerator installed over the wheels of a camper with all the bouncing and jarring.
Oh, and lastly the lock on the door the tech would not put it on as it voids the warranty of whirlpool. Tried bungee cords to keep door closed and it failed and broke the lower drawer from frig door re peat-idly hitting it. So still no working refrigerator and now a broken crisper drawer.
Sorry you have no ice and look up in ice tray and see if it’s in the slots on the ends. One came in and the ends were out of their mounts.
JayBees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 07:18 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBees View Post
Who ever heard of a residential refrigerator installed over the wheels of a camper with all the bouncing and jarring.
That's where 90% of the residential refrigerators are across all brands and the other 10% are further in the back where they bounce even more and they work fine. Unfortunately you got a bad fridge that came that way from WHIRLPOOL.
Old 09-17-2019, 07:23 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
That's where 90% of the residential refrigerators are across all brands and the other 10% are in the back where they bounce even more and they work fine. Unfortunately you got a bad fridge that came that way from WHIRLPOOL.

Thanks grumpy and if a standard then ok. Still been months now without a fridge and thankful we have a technician come to the house to try his best to fix it. Same for the locks as a standard but I will have to put one once we get a good freezer door. By the way we never turned on water to ice maker as it seemed difficult to be sure it was winterized. And agree with others look for tape and packing. The one ice tray that was not in its mounts also had a tie wrap around it
Old 09-19-2019, 06:19 PM   #7

Are you all getting much water pressure from the water dispenser. Mine seems really weak. More than a trickle, but slow. Pressure at the faucets is ok.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 06:31 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxLoser View Post
Are you all getting much water pressure from the water dispenser. Mine seems really weak. More than a trickle, but slow. Pressure at the faucets is ok.
I have the same res Whirlpool. Water dispenser is really slow. Small stream coming out, almost droplets by the time it hits the bottom of the glass. Are all of them like this?
rkymntsno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 07:49 PM   #9

Look under slide where water hose heads toward refrigerator. Mine is nearly pinched in two from factory so we have never used it. But if we did we would have to fix it first
Old 09-19-2019, 07:57 PM   #10

Residential Refrigerator- Whirlpool

I’ll have a look thanks.

Just looked. Mine looks to pinch when closed. I can see the crease. It’s open and still flowing pretty bad. Must have a pinch downstream closer to the fridge. Everything that’s visible seems ok. It’s so slow that filling a small water bottle registers at 80 oz.

Thanks for the input.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 07:59 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxLoser View Post
I’ll have a look thanks.

By the way mine looks
Like a white water hose we all
Use for fresh water. It’s toward the rear of the slide toward the back. When slide goes in it’s totally pinched so when open it’s still greatly pinched.
Good luck
Old 09-20-2019, 06:20 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBees View Post
Look under slide where water hose heads toward refrigerator. Mine is nearly pinched in two from factory so we have never used it. But if we did we would have to fix it first
When open mine is not pinched. My icemaker works fine. And when it draws water, just takes a few seconds. So I don't know what's up with my water dispenser. It takes about 10 seconds to fill up an 8 oz cup.
Old 09-20-2019, 06:52 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkymntsno View Post
When open mine is not pinched. My icemaker works fine. And when it draws water, just takes a few seconds. So I don't know what's up with my water dispenser. It takes about 10 seconds to fill up an 8 oz cup.
GE used to just use a coil of the plastic tubing at the bottom of the fridge for a cold water reservoir. If Whirlpool does the same that line may be kinked/pinched and causing the problem.

Just a thought.
Old 09-20-2019, 07:04 AM   #14

Don't mess around getting your frig. repaired. I did that for over a year........
Frigidaire will keep having it repaired.

Get it replaced. Call Jayco and get the phone number for the supplier. If you can't get it let me know. I'll find it for you.

2016 Pinnacle 36 KPTS
2016 F350 Lariat CC LB dually 6.7
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 08:06 AM   #15

Quote:
I think most of you that are complaining about a slow water dispenser need to change the water filter in the fridge. Mine started to get very slow and I decided to change the filter (not cheap) and bingo, water gushed out of the dispenser. If you've not changed your fridge water filter in the last 5 to 6 months then that's your problem.
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 09-20-2019, 01:37 PM   #16

Quote:
I think most of you that are complaining about a slow water dispenser need to change the water filter in the fridge. Mine started to get very slow and I decided to change the filter (not cheap) and bingo, water gushed out of the dispenser. If you've not changed your fridge water filter in the last 5 to 6 months then that's your problem.
It's a brand new rig, brand new filter. It's been like this from day one. I know, the filters are about $45 a piece. I guess there could've been factory debris but the icemaker water goes through the filter too so it's flowing fine into the icemaker.
Old 09-20-2019, 01:44 PM   #17

Quote:
It's a brand new rig, brand new filter. It's been like this from day one. I know, the filters are about $45 a piece. I guess there could've been factory debris but the icemaker water goes through the filter too so it's flowing fine into the icemaker.
Yes, the ice maker uses the same filter, but you can't verify how fast the water is running into the ice maker since you can't see it. I purchased 3 of them for $43.00 through Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 09-20-2019, 01:55 PM   #18

Quote:
Yes, the ice maker uses the same filter, but you can't verify how fast the water is running into the ice maker since you can't see it. I purchased 3 of them for $43.00 through Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
The link you provided says currently unavailable, lol. Do you have a bypass plug to be able to winterize? But you're full timers so you don't need to winterize, right?
Old 09-20-2019, 02:31 PM   #19

Quote:
The link you provided says currently unavailable, lol. Do you have a bypass plug to be able to winterize? But you're full timers so you don't need to winterize, right?
I noticed that, just bought them about two weeks ago.......maybe I bought all that was left We do winterize but in a different way...........just take the rig to AZ for the winter
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 09-20-2019, 03:09 PM   #20

Quote:
I noticed that, just bought them about two weeks ago.......maybe I bought all that was left We do winterize but in a different way...........just take the rig to AZ for the winter
And those are the exact ones that fit the Whirlpool. Only other ones I found were $47.99 per filter. They must've bought out the cheap guys, lol.