Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels, and Motorhomes > General Jayco RV Chat
Click Here to Login

Old 01-14-2020, 08:08 AM   #41

roof membrane

Dealership had to cut Aluminum siding back below the roof line and repair the tear is the reason it went back. Any repairs I can do regardless of warranty I can do better that the dealer. Roof replacement and removing the trim and cutting the siding back is beyond by capacity. 30 years ago I would have done it.
steve.jurnigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 09:23 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve.jurnigan View Post
Dealership had to cut Aluminum siding back below the roof line and repair the tear is the reason it went back. Any repairs I can do regardless of warranty I can do better that the dealer. Roof replacement and removing the trim and cutting the siding back is beyond by capacity. 30 years ago I would have done it.
Just curious, do you know how they trimmed the metal edge down? I.e., what kind of tool they used? In my case, they insisted on bending the protruding part over onto the roof decking and then taping over that before reinstalling the roof membrane, and I, hopefully not regrettably, acquiesced to that. Seems ok now when I feel the edge, although the membrane isn't glued down completely along the edge, which I hope doesn't result in other problems.
GL243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 04:31 PM   #43

Sharp metal edges...

Picked up Trailer Monday 27th. Work was very sloppy. Got home Furnace would light, vane switch was stuck. Hit the side of furnace and it finally lite off. A/c wouldn't run E5 code on thermostat. Called Camping World and complained. Went back today with pictures. The freeze sensor was missing on the a/c is why it had E5 fault. They re-aligned the right side gutter which was off, one up and one down where it is spliced. The second roof replacement was EPDM not TPO. It is thicker. A lot of the self leveling has bubbles.They replace the a/c roof cover they broke. They have had it since Oct.16. I have found another facility I will try for future repairs. A lot of workmanship and cosmetic issues.
Old 02-12-2020, 06:01 AM   #44

Sharp metal edges under roof

Been in contact with Jayco. They were unaware Camping World replaced the roof for the second time. The last time Camping World put EPDM roof instead of TPO. Jayco says I do not have a roof warranty that this is a modification. Camping World says they will honor my 12 year warranty. (for what it is worth). I have saved all pictures and documentation.
Old 02-12-2020, 09:41 AM   #45

Quote:
Been in contact with Jayco. They were unaware Camping World replaced the roof for the second time. The last time Camping World put EPDM roof instead of TPO. Jayco says I do not have a roof warranty that this is a modification. Camping World says they will honor my 12 year warranty. (for what it is worth). I have saved all pictures and documentation.
So is the 12 year warranty what you get with a new EPDM roof, or is that what we all supposedly have with our original equipment TPO roofs?

As an aside, isn't it amazing how much trouble all of this stuff can end up being? My rig's in for its last "under the 2 year warranty" stuff, and it is taking a month and a half just to get one little water heater by-pass valve replaced. They had to order the part and it's taking 2 weeks just to get the part. Why in god's green acres a huge Camping World service facility would not carry simple little parts like that in stock is beyond me.
Old 02-12-2020, 11:45 AM   #46

sharp metal edges under roof

Jayco give you a 2 year warranty. Dicor manufactures the roof membrane, gives you 12 year warranty on the roof membrane. You must inspect and document you have it checked. Dicor warranty kicks in if the membrane fails, not the self leveling seal or other sealants fail. The membrane should hold up unless something punctures or tears it. In my case Camping World has said they will warranty the remainder of time.
Old 02-13-2020, 11:00 AM   #47

Quote:
Jayco give you a 2 year warranty. Dicor manufactures the roof membrane, gives you 12 year warranty on the roof membrane. You must inspect and document you have it checked. Dicor warranty kicks in if the membrane fails, not the self leveling seal or other sealants fail. The membrane should hold up unless something punctures or tears it. In my case Camping World has said they will warranty the remainder of time.
Thanks, Steve, I hadn't recalled knowing about an extra warranty on the roof membrane. Do you know if it covers labor costs also in the event of actual membrane failure, or just the cost of the membrane "part"?
Old 02-14-2020, 04:32 AM   #48

sharp metal edges under roof

I not sure on who pays for the labor on a roof replacement after 2 years. I an betting it going to be the person with the bad roof. Jayco sent Camping World 1st time TPO roofing, water base adhesive, butyl tape and self leveling. I asked them to replace the kitchen skylight from clear to white and they charged for labor, self leveling and skylight. Just like they never took it off.
Old 02-14-2020, 09:25 AM   #49

Quote:
I not sure on who pays for the labor on a roof replacement after 2 years. I an betting it going to be the person with the bad roof. Jayco sent Camping World 1st time TPO roofing, water base adhesive, butyl tape and self leveling. I asked them to replace the kitchen skylight from clear to white and they charged for labor, self leveling and skylight. Just like they never took it off.
Thanks. It occurred to me to google the question, here's an excerpt from the Dicor site for their EPDM membranes:

"If, upon inspection by the seller, or Seller’s authorized designee, the membrane shows premature deterioration to the point of failure because of weathering, Seller’s liability and buyer’s remedies are limited at the seller’s option to providing repair material for the original membrane, or replacing the membrane. Seller will replace the membrane for five years from the original purchase date or prorate the value towards new membrane based on the remaining months or unexpired warranty for six years through twelve."

I'll wager your new membrane will hold up well against UV, ozone, and other environmental deterioration causes for long after the 12 years, so not much chance you'd ever get to test the warranty. Anyway, hope you're past any further roof membrane angst from this point forward.