Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-21-2013, 08:23 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikester View Post
I got it for $2.50 at Advanced Auto Parts this year
I went to Advanced Auto as well...$4.99. I haven't been able to find it much cheaper

2013 White Hawk 28 DSBH
2011 Jay Feather X23J (traded-in)
2011 Ford F-150 XLT w/towing package
RoadMaster Active Suspension
Reese Trunnion Bar WDH w/Dual Cam sway control
jdorant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 08:26 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubhouse View Post
Funny how many comments about price, HD' 4.36 vs 2.99/2.79/3.39 etc. For something the average RV'er may buy 2-3 gal a year, do you all really take the time to leave one store, drive to another in an attempt to save $3-$4 a year? I certainly wouldn't.

And further more even if I had to spend $10/gal to avoid going walmart I would. Our Walmart seems to have intentionally hired the slowest and most easily confused cashiers possible -- granted Minimum wage only buys you so much.
I agree with you, but I am winter camping and will need to winterize each time I leave the camper.

2013 White Hawk 28 DSBH
2011 Jay Feather X23J (traded-in)
2011 Ford F-150 XLT w/towing package
RoadMaster Active Suspension
Reese Trunnion Bar WDH w/Dual Cam sway control
jdorant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 10:01 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubhouse View Post
Funny how many comments about price, HD' 4.36 vs 2.99/2.79/3.39 etc. For something the average RV'er may buy 2-3 gal a year, do you all really take the time to leave one store, drive to another in an attempt to save $3-$4 a year? I certainly wouldn't.

And further more even if I had to spend $10/gal to avoid going walmart I would. Our Walmart seems to have intentionally hired the slowest and most easily confused cashiers possible -- granted Minimum wage only buys you so much.
Have to disagree with you on this one. Some folks may only use 2-3 gallons per year, but we use ours about twice a month throughout the winter and re-winterize after each trip. I'll go through probably 35-40 gallons, so saving a couple dollars a gallon can def add up.
Jrmay25 is offline   Reply With Quote