Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-14-2022, 04:17 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
The thing about them having all of those RV's they are not willing to deal I would love on getting a Jayco Pinnacle 32rlt.
Man, I don't know. Can't imagine not dealing with such a huge number of campers there
Old 02-14-2022, 09:00 AM   #42

There are 3 RV dealers within 30 minutes of me here in central NC. All the lots are full of TT and there's a good selection of motorhomes as well.

I think there will be a ton of used RVs, especially next year as people come to terms with the cost, maintenance and storage of their new hobby.
Old 02-14-2022, 09:00 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlag View Post
Man, I don't know. Can't imagine not dealing with such a huge number of campers there
I even notice the smaller dealers here in Calif are filling their lots.. I'm sure the dealers will use the 'short supply' tactic for awhile. But anyone reading here shopping for a new rig needs to know, There is no Short Suppllies
kirkelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 09:32 AM   #44

The number of units on a lot is influenced by more than how many a manufacturer has put together: dealer inventory is limited to what their finance floorplan can support, which fluctuates based on their use or abuse, bank changes based on their cost of money and changes to exposure. Dealers have been operating 'out of trust' for years. Some get caught, some don't. It's not a big deal for most, but has the same effect as you getting caught flirting with your girlfriend's best friend.... There's a recovery period.

Inventory levels can be radically impacted by 'favored nation' contracts....these are guarantee delivery contracts that step in front of dealers who haven't negotiated such agreements with manufacturers.

Manufacturers distribute to dealers based on A,B,C status...just like the grocery business. Small operations, are less impactful and have 'empty shelves". And then there's the crystal ball used in purchasing....which operates more like a magic 8 ball for some.

The moral, keep looking.

"We'll be friends until we're old and senile,....then we'll be new friends."
muckinfuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 10:00 AM   #45

Drove past 2 large dealers yesterday and their lots are packed to the gills.
Old 02-14-2022, 01:47 PM   #46

Every RV dealership we passed during our 1800 mi. trip to/from the Florida Keys in Dec/Jan was packed full of RV's. If there's a shortage it's hidden very well!

Noticed some folks in this thread reporting RV's 20-30% off MSRP, just like the pre-Covid days. That may be true, but there's something amiss somewhere from our perspective. We discovered a few weeks ago we could easily sell our 3-year old truck camper, and 6-year old diesel truck, separately, for thousands more than what we paid for them new. Learned very quickly all this added equity we supposedly had was completely moot since out-the-door pricing on the same make and model TC and truck, new, had gone up proportionally even higher. To us, this appears to be classic inflation taking hold.

I'm so glad we're not wanting or needing a new truck or RV right now.
CampNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 02:48 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampNow View Post
Every RV dealership we passed during our 1800 mi. trip to/from the Florida Keys in Dec/Jan was packed full of RV's. If there's a shortage it's hidden very well!

Noticed some folks in this thread reporting RV's 20-30% off MSRP, just like the pre-Covid days. That may be true, but there's something amiss somewhere from our perspective. We discovered a few weeks ago we could easily sell our 3-year old truck camper, and 6-year old diesel truck, separately, for thousands more than what we paid for them new. Learned very quickly all this added equity we supposedly had was completely moot since out-the-door pricing on the same make and model TC and truck, new, had gone up proportionally even higher. To us, this appears to be classic inflation taking hold.

I'm so glad we're not wanting or needing a new truck or RV right now.

The other big issue is the shortage of trucks... there are zero new trucks available right now. New RVer's have to pay a lot more for a truck on top of paying a lot more for an RV. Given that pre-covid the RV market was pretty flat when the prices of trucks and RVs were much lower, it seems that the dealers will have issues going forward.

Dealers might go back to the pre-covid norm of discounting 30% but the MSRP has gone up 40%. The reality is that a lot of future RVers are priced out now.
Old 02-14-2022, 08:48 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by klinner28 View Post
The other big issue is the shortage of trucks...
Saw on the news last week that dealers have thousands of cars and trucks stuck on assembly lines because they lack inventory for the electronic systems in them. I've been trying to replace my video card in my PLEX server for three months and can't get my hands on the card i need.. People are selling thier used cards on Ebay for 4 times what hey paid new. Its crazy!
kirkelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 05:35 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
The thing about them having all of those RV's they are not willing to deal I would love on getting a Jayco Pinnacle 32rlt.
Have you found a Pinnacle 32rlt yet Big1? If your willing to travel to Montana, Big Sky RV had a few reasonably priced on the lot. We are saving 20K on our Northpoint traveling from Seattle to Bozeman. Not advertising for them, but heck of a deal for a 700 mile drive.
Jaegerdog is offline   Reply With Quote