Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-09-2013, 06:13 PM   #11

You may already know this, but if you going to Silver Dollar City, be sure to look for 2 days for the price of 1 tickets. They do not sell them at the park, but are available at many businesses. Also be sure to take advantage of the After 3 next day free deal. You can get almost 2 1/2 days for the cost of a 1 day ticket. As you may have guessed we go there alot. We actually just buy season passes. The only place we have camped at is The Wilderness, owned by the same company as SDC. Big advantage for us is the shuttle that runs back and forth every hour, plus we get a 15% discount with season passes.

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Z71 CC 6.0L/3.73
ITBC
Reese "Pro Series" 800lb Trunnion WDH w/sway control
amabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:00 PM   #12

Thanks to all for your input. Jim and Sue, thanks for the link. Very good info. We will not be going until July 13 so I got plenty of time to investigate the options. Table Rock is sounding good. Kitty and I were in Branson in mid Oct 12. Wish I had taken the time to check the campgrounds out.

Thanks to all. Life is short, enjoy camping

Shorty

Shorty Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:35 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty Cox View Post
Thanks to all for your input. Jim and Sue, thanks for the link. Very good info. We will not be going until July 13 so I got plenty of time to investigate the options. Table Rock is sounding good. Kitty and I were in Branson in mid Oct 12. Wish I had taken the time to check the campgrounds out.

Thanks to all. Life is short, enjoy camping

Shorty
If it helps, there is a Jellystone Park in Forsyth, Mo, which is just outside Branson.

Enjoy your trip. We have been there many times, and try to stay at a different park everything.

Rick "Grumpy" Bond
2004 Dodge 2500
2012 Jayco Eagle 330RLTS
NRA Endowment Member
VFW Life Member
Grumpytrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:09 PM   #14

Table Rock state park

I may be the only person who has had a negative experience, but we camped at this state park three years ago during July. There was such a severe problem with mould in the woman's bathroom that we had to check out after one night. The exhaust fans for the bathroom were not working and the park office person indicated they had been broken for a while.
I only mention this because if anyone in your family has asthma ... It could be a problem. You may want to call and check into this if it is an issue for anyone in your family.

Lady Wendolyn Jayflight 28BHS

For a tour of my glamorous, cool camper, and an "Ad a bifold door Mod: http://mycoolcampingcaravanadventures.blogspot.ca

For these Mods: Master bedroom shelving in closets and countertop extension: http://mycoolcampingcaravanadventure...es-camper.html

For this Mod: Adding a wall light switch to the master bedroom:
http://mycoolcampingcaravanadventure...ht-switch.html
Ladywendolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:24 AM   #15

Ladywindolyn, Yes we have a Gkid with bad asthma so that may be a issue.

Thanks to all the input, we have been looking at the Wilderness Campground. Shuttle service to SDC, pool, etc. Also, I was suprised at the low cost of season tickets at SDC compared to their dailey tickets. Regardless of where we stay, we plan to purchase the Gkids season tickets. They can use the all year, with or without us.

Shorty Cox is offline   Reply With Quote