Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-15-2014, 11:26 AM   #1

Question RV Dealer Satisfaction Experience

Me and the wife are in the process of purchasing a new (first) RV. Jayco Jay Feather X23B. We are pretty excited and pick it up in about 1 1/2 weeks. Leading up to the deal has been pretty good. However now that the deal is almost done (I say almost because I haven't signed the final bill of sale or done the PDI yet). The dealer and sales guy has dropped off the map. Won't return our calls or emails to answer our questions. When he finally does (days later) he answers 1 of the 6 that we asked.

The wife contacted the sales manager who apologized for the poor service and said he would call us THAT evening to answer any and all of our questions that we had. Guess what....... No call. It's been 2 days since then.

Talking to other friends that have RV's they bought from dealers. They say they have had similar experiences. Poor customer service.

The wife is crafting a tactful email right now to send to the dealer. Better her than me. She is a precision scalpel, I am a large sledge hammer. The dealer won't want to talk to me. I'm tempted to tell the dealer where they can shove their trailer, but the wife really wants this one.

So I'll wait and hope we get the answers we are looking for.

Anyone that has used a dealer, how was your experience?
vboyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 11:38 AM   #2
Site Team

My dealer was very good at getting back to me with any and all answers I needed. I would look at like this if this is how they are treating you now how bad do you think it will be after you sign on the dotted line. I think I would be looking for another dealer.
Just my 2cents worth.

TV 2005 Ram 3500 CC LB SRW Cummins POWER
2014 Jayco Jayflight 32BHDS Prodigy P3 brake controller.Reese dual cam 1400/14000
WVDusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 11:52 AM   #3

If they are like this now before the sale I can't imagine how bad it is after with return calls and possible warranty issues. I personally don't see much upside to this once you sign. JMHO.

Do a search and see if you find another in your general area.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 12:27 PM   #4

I've bought from 2 different dealerships here. Never had an issue with either one. They obviously will try to upsell on things to make an extra buck, but when I politely decline, they don't push it any further. At both places, I was also able to walk around and check out the campers without being harassed. So my experiences have been good...
kvangil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 01:53 PM   #5

I would be careful here. Try and get some feedback on the service department as that is who you will deal with most of the time once the sale is complete.Try checking online for reviews. Our salesman told us that should we have any questions or issues that we can call him any time. We've called him a couple times for help with the service department. He tells them to jump, they say how high? But overall, the service department has been very good to deal with and the entire sales experience was great!

2013 Jayco Whitehawk 27DSRL
RDUBYA448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 02:24 PM   #6

Might want to check them out with your better business bureau also. I would also be looking for another dealer if I had not made a down payment.

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 08:34 AM   #7

Is this a new or used unit? It it was new I would go somewhere else as warrenty work will be a pain. If it was used then I would proceed because you can terminate the relationship once the deal is signed. Work can be done at any dealer or yourself. Having work done at another dealer is a great way to see how much they value your business. I have told a dealer that if they treat me well with service, I will most likely by my next rig from them. Just my 2 cents.

2022 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ Crew Cab 3.0L Duramax 4WD
2019 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 298BH
2013 Jayco Jay 1206 (Sold)
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 09:54 AM   #8

It's new and we are actually now starting to get some traction from the dealer once the wife sent an email high enough up the chain.

Our biggest dilemma is that this dealer has a monopoly on Jayco trailers in Western Canada (about 8 dealerships). We'd have to drive over 300 miles to find a different dealer.

I hope it all works out. We are 7 days out from taking delivery.

Happy long weekend everyone!
vboyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 12:23 PM   #9

Our first camper was in 2010 a Forest River Shamrock 21SS. We decided after a couple of seasons it was not for use so we called the dealer about trading it in for a larger unit. The salesman never called us back. Went somewhere else and traded in in and bought our current TT the 33 RLDS. After we had it a few weeks they called us and wanted us to sign a form saying the camper was damaged and fixed and we knew about it before we signed. Truth is, we did not know about it and they claim it was only decal damage. Obviously we didn't sign. So bottom line is we hate them all.. hahahahah..
2016 CTS 4 2.0T
2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0
2015 Chrysler 200C AWD
33 RLDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 01:54 PM   #10

Thumbs down

We ordered our trailer exactly 8 weeks ago. Dealer told us 6-8 weeks for delivery. We had a hard time talking to them and getting an answer for the date we could get it. Last week, they told us the unit was getting out of production. This week, they said they had troubled talking to the delivery guy so they couldn't tell when we would get it.
But today, they told us that the unit is getting out of production June 3rd!!!
We had reservation for our vacation departure may 30th!!!
That sucks big time
Philpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 05:34 PM   #11

well one of the biggest problems we found was lack of communication between jayco factory and our dealer sometimes its the rep and sometimes I just think it was the factory ... we got the first unit in about when it was due but the order came in wrong ... the dealer went on and stocked the unit and reworked an invoice on one ordered for stock and got us another one ordered ... the second one came in three days before our first camping trip and 2 things were wrong on that order ... I know for a fact they were both ordered right but what's the purpose of the special order if they don't build it the way you want.... we accepted the second as nothing missed was a deal breaker and we were out of time but between the miscommunication and transport I wish you the best of luck at least our dealer was only 50 or so miles from the factory so they went up and picked the unit up
Paintinfool3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 08:28 PM   #12

One would think in this age of a shaky economy, dealerships would be much more customer focused than ever before. Good luck to the OP on your purchase. Hopefully the service department is better than the sales department, or you don't have any warranty repairs needed. smh
2008 Ford F250 Lariat 4x4 CC PSD
Firestone Ride Rites
16K slider
mike06081969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 08:45 PM   #13

We bought our camper from RV Direct. Every phone call and question we answered in a timely manner, no salesman hassles, everything went very well. It was a little scary buying a brand new camper over the internet and telephone but they were very professional about it. Will buy from them again when in the market for a new rig.
highlife4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 01:12 PM   #14

Just took delivery of my new 198rd yesterday. Had ordered it in March. The salesman was excellent, answering all of my e-mails and questions. We'll see how it goes from here.
jeeper182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 06:00 PM   #15

Purchased a new WhiteHawk 28dsbh last summer. We had a pop up camper to trade in, dealer agreed and didn't even want to see the camper. Just had us fill out a questionnaire on its condition. One of the questions asked if it was CSA (Canadian Standards Association) approved. I tell the salesman I have no idea if its CSA approved, he laughs and tells me not to worry about it. Figured the campers from Canada gonna be CSA approved right. Well the deal is fianalized and two days later the DW and I are super excited to pick up the new WhiteHawk. We do the final walkthrough, hook it up to the truck and the manager comes out and says the pop up camper was not CSA approved. He wants me to hand over $300 to have it approved. I lost my s**t. Totally ruined the whole experience.
Old 05-21-2014, 06:24 PM   #16

well they just did a quick walkthrough of ours when we traded and went on with the paperwork but the delivery took 5 hours by the time they got me hooked up with a new hitch shank and swaybar because the 1200 lb bars wouldnt work with my shank but i just figured savor the experience and dont get pissed ,,,, they were real apologetic the whole time but i said its fine and when it was all said and done i think they appreciated the patience
Paintinfool3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 08:31 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by vboyd View Post
Me and the wife are in the process of purchasing a new (first) RV. Jayco Jay Feather X23B. We are pretty excited and pick it up in about 1 1/2 weeks. Leading up to the deal has been pretty good. However now that the deal is almost done (I say almost because I haven't signed the final bill of sale or done the PDI yet). The dealer and sales guy has dropped off the map. Won't return our calls or emails to answer our questions. When he finally does (days later) he answers 1 of the 6 that we asked.

The wife contacted the sales manager who apologized for the poor service and said he would call us THAT evening to answer any and all of our questions that we had. Guess what....... No call. It's been 2 days since then.

Talking to other friends that have RV's they bought from dealers. They say they have had similar experiences. Poor customer service.

The wife is crafting a tactful email right now to send to the dealer. Better her than me. She is a precision scalpel, I am a large sledge hammer. The dealer won't want to talk to me. I'm tempted to tell the dealer where they can shove their trailer, but the wife really wants this one.

So I'll wait and hope we get the answers we are looking for.

Anyone that has used a dealer, how was your experience?
Go to another dealer that is even part of the same chain they are all ran different and most likely better. Sure sounds like you have a dud. I contacted my salesman after I took delivery and they call me right back. They arranged to have my trailer towed to it's seasonal Site and everything went off without an issue.

2013 F150 EXL Screw 5.0 4x4 3:55 locking ( not towing the above trailer with this truck)

Spending my children's inheritances on my toys!
sask934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 02:31 PM   #18

Just bought a motor home from RV direct. Everything was good till they got my money. I was missing some hoses that were to be supplied, I have called ,e-mailed my salesperson, emailed orlando RV and have filled out my survey and to this day not one response.
dhan88 is offline   Reply With Quote