Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

View Poll Results: RV Dealer Satisfaction Poll
I am extremely satisfied with my RV dealer 173 36.73%
I am satisfied with my RV dealer 102 21.66%
I am somewhat satisfied with my RV dealer 46 9.77%
I am somewhat dissatisfied with my RV dealer 38 8.07%
I am dissatisfied with my RV dealer 31 6.58%
I am very dissatisfied with my RV dealer 34 7.22%
My RV dealer is so bad I would not wish them on my worst enemy 21 4.46%
I have not had enough experience with them yet to form an opinion 26 5.52%
Voters: 471. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-10-2015, 10:07 AM   #41

I've had a great experience with Crestview RV in Selma, TX. It's one of 3 dealerships owned by the same folks (or so I was told). But Steve Spearing, the GM there in Selma treats his dealership like he owns it. I very much appreciate that he makes an effort to remember me by name.

I was able to negotiate what I consider a fair price on a unit they had on their lot over e-mail with Steve. The salesman who drafted up the deal for us was a little aggressive, but not bad; most of the other sales people we interacted with were very low pressure. Finance was able to beat the rate I could get at my credit union for the note. All the units on their lot are unlocked, so you can explore at your leisurewith or without a salesperson.

Our PDI was a little bit rushed, but I knew what I wanted to check out and the questions I wanted to ask, so that wasn't a problem for me, and I wouldn't have felt bad slowing it down if I felt like I needed to. Our service tech was fairly knowledgeable, but you could tell he had a lot on his plate.

I've bought parts there and had warranty work, and both departments have been a pleasure to work with. My service writer took the necessary time to understand what I wanted done to fix some issues on my trailer, and fixed them exactly as I would have if I were fixing it myself; better than factory. Whether Jayco paid for them or not, I don't know, but I didn't pay for them.

Overall, I would rate them pretty high.

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 10:42 AM   #42

Steve Spearing and his staff at Selma TX. Crestview store ranks #1 on our list. We purchased two 5th wheel rigs from him in the past, and he and his staff were outstanding in every respect; going above and beyond every expectation. Steve, Service Manager, Adam; and Parts Manager TJ were like family to us. We wanted to purchase from Steve on this go-around, but they do not carry Jayco motor homes and we had heard so much about the Jayco 2-year warranty that we were convinced this was the way to go. Crestview Buda sells Jayco motor home, thus we dealt with them. We did visit the Selma location to test drive a Coachmen class c, but it did not drive as well as the Greyhawk.

If I had it to do over again, I would have purchased the Coachmen Leprechaun from Steve. Management and service are not the same in Buda. Not even close...

We felt appreciated in Selma; in Buda, not so...
Old 04-10-2015, 10:55 AM   #43

Picking up our second RV from RV One in Albany next week. First one was perfect, they were great to deal with. That was in 2009. This time the process has been just as easy, possibly easier because I was a repeat customer. Once the sales person finalized our deal, we were turned over to a customer rep who made sure that the deal went through as planned. She has been great in scheduling the closing, the walkthrough, financing, and final delivery. I'm very much looking forward to picking up our new 345 BHTS next week!
Old 04-10-2015, 01:00 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
Very happy so far.... Haven't taken delivery yet, but Kyle of Indiana RV Connection has been very helpful and patient. Our unit is scheduled to be completed the first part of next week, so I'm looking forward to picking it up.

I have requested that he make sure any applicable recalls are taken care of prior to delivery (parking brake? keypad?) I don't think it's fair to push recalls onto the customer to take care of when they are known prior to delivery.

I'll report back with how the delivery goes...
Good luck on getting any repairs or recalls done by them. Our unit sat there for 3 weeks, we picked it up and basically nothing was done. On a positive note the factory is close by so I would contact them for any work. That dealer is about sales not service.
Mr.Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 09:12 PM   #45

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aagalan View Post
Picking up our second RV from RV One in Albany next week. First one was perfect, they were great to deal with. That was in 2009. This time the process has been just as easy, possibly easier because I was a repeat customer. Once the sales person finalized our deal, we were turned over to a customer rep who made sure that the deal went through as planned. She has been great in scheduling the closing, the walkthrough, financing, and final delivery. I'm very much looking forward to picking up our new 345 BHTS next week!
Have you had any warranty issues that you need corrected with them ?? I am totally not impressed with their service department I'm still waiting for them to send me a new interior cabinet door that is warped (3rd one) and come fix the holes in my slide out that they should have been here 2 weeks ago to do.
Fill The Coolers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 05:12 AM   #46

If you are anywhere near Syracuse, NY, I highly recommend Seven O's RV in Kirkville. We have bought 3 units from them and their sales, parts and service departments are all top notch. Our salesman, Ron, even refused to sell us a camper one time because we were too far upside down on our hybrid! Warranty work is normally taken care of on the spot when I make the appointments ahead of time. Since they are almost an hour away, I just wait and look through the rest of the campers which are usually open.

We have since sent several of our friends in to buy either new or used campers and all have been Jayco's. All have been extremely happy with the purchase and any followup.

2017 28BHBE Kitchen skylight, remote control and Aluminum wheels hitched by ProPride 3P
2017 Ram 2500 CC LB 4x4 Big Horn Cummins
LiftedAWDAstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 05:48 AM   #47

Made the trek to Albany New York last week to pick up our new 345 BHTS fifth wheel at Albany RV. We had set up everything beforehand and completed the paperwork by mail. Once in Albany, we were quite impressed by their new facility, quite a step up from the old location.

The 345 was sitting pretty all set up and ready to go for us. After a very good walkthrough, we hooked up and headed out for a 4 hour drive home. No issues with the camper, very smooth tow home. Bunkering and provisioning the camper today for its first voyage this weekend.
Old 04-30-2015, 06:31 AM   #48

General RV in Wixom
I am satisfied/happy with them. Sale went well, walk through, pick up...they were very helpful and accommodating.
There was a little surface rust on a brand new trailer which I wasn't happy about, and will have them fix it the first time I have to take it in for service.

The only reason I didn't pick extremely satisfied is I have NOT had my trailer in for service YET. For me, THAT is the true test. Other dealers I dealt with when I had my Viking pop up were less than stellar in the service dept...for sure

I am glad I went through Gen RV...I would recommend them to anyone.
Old 09-20-2015, 04:38 PM   #49

When this thread was active, I bookmarked it for later as we had not had much experience with our dealer's service department. We have now had the Greyhawk for almost thirteen months and I am very happy that I was able to check the "extremely satisfied" button.

Our dealer is Bill Plemmons RV World in Raleigh, NC. From the no-pressure sales department to the service department's concern for making us happy, we have been very pleased with them.

2014 Greyhawk 31FK
2007 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100cc
NC Roamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 05:00 PM   #50

We couldn't be LESS happy with our dealer, Manteca Trailer. Said everything we wanted to hear before we signed, then completely went back on everything agreed on when they delivered the trailer. We were supposed to get an Equalizer WDH. They installed a Husky round bar hitch that hasn't changed in 40 years. When I called them on it they said "equalizer" is another term for WDH. They also said they don't sell the Eaqualizer hitch, even though it's listed in their catalog and Husky hitches aren't.

Now we are stuck with a piece of crap hitch. I've talked to others on this forum who have had the same experience.

Avoid this dealer if possible.
Old 09-21-2015, 01:03 PM   #51

I bought from Camping World in Kingston, NY. The salesman was nearly useless.
The negotiating process took way too long (sort of expected).
The PDI was pointless. I knew almost as much as the "head" tech.

The only thing they did 'right' was setting up the hitch.

They didn't bother to drain all the tanks. I got home with a 1/2 full black tank. Fortunately, it was only water and anti-freeze. And I had to call to get them to send me a sewer hose kit.

I might buy some accessories from them. But another RV? Probably not.

Sitting in The Cheap Seats.
And proud of it!
mike837go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 10:52 AM   #52

I have been very satisfied with Cenla camping in Alexandria, Louisiana. They are a family owned operation that treats their customers like family!

2012 F250 Super Duty
2014 Jayco Premier 361REQS
Super Springs
Yamerhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 12:22 PM   #53

This is based on only one experience, but Trailside RV in Grain Valley, Mo. is top-notch in my opinion. We bought a 1998 Eagle pop-up trailer from an individual earlier this year. While on vacation in August, we developed an issue with the Lift System.
First, Trailside was the only service outlet in Kansas City that would work on it.
Despite the fact that I didn't buy the camper from them and had never set foot on the property, they were very helpful, honest and straightforward. Once they got it in the shop the problem was bigger than they first thought. They called to explain in detail and gave me a revised estimate. The camper was ready when initially promised and the bill matched the revised estimate.
I would not think twice about recommending Trailside RV.

Poking at a campfire with a stick is one of life's great satisfactions.

KCSA75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 07:37 AM   #54

This is my second Jayco purchase. My first was through RV Direct/Albany RV and it was nothing short of horrible. PM me if you'd like details.

This report is about my second Dealer. Garick RV of Northern New Jersey. I can't tell you how pleased I have been with their service department and Techs, their Service Manager, the sales staff, the financing officer who is just outstanding, and the tech that walked me through PDI. I also met the owner and his wife and expressed how happy I was with the experience. They walked through a 3 hour PDI inspection led by be. We tested everything and a lot of dealers and techs would have given me a hard time and did what Albany did to me, this was a whole different experience. I even asked them to water the tops of the slides to check for good seals. Any minor issues I found were resolved on the spot.

Highly highly recommend these folks. I drive 2 and a quarter hours (no traffic) from CT to NJ for them. Our in state dealer doesn't handle large 5ers and quite frankly has a very arrogant approach as if they're doing me some sort of favor by even talking to me, and my other closer alternative is Albany RV and they are beyond awful in my opinion. If you'd like to hear more great things about Garick RV of NJ please Private Message me or just ask here. For Sales, ask for Matt and tell him Chris fro CT said to call.
P25ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 08:26 AM   #55

When it came to the sale, we were extremely satisfied with our salesman (Greg) at Keystone RV in Greencastle, PA. But, some friends went there on our recommendation and weren't happy - maybe because they weren't told what they wanted to hear about the particular model they thought they had to have...

Our salesman took over an hour when we picked up the TT going over every square inch of the unit and showing us how to set it all up - that was great and his advice paid off so much!

The parts department was great in helping us get our necessities for the first outings - when I told them I wanted quality stuff, not the cheapo bucket of starter stuff, the salesman helped us pick each thing we really needed with quality parts that we wouldn't be replacing the next season.

The service department has some not so great reviews, but we haven't used them and probably never will unless we end up with warranty work (they are 2 hours away and I don't pay for anything I can do myself)... They set up the WDH, and I learned later that it wasn't quite adjusted right, but some of that may have been break-in changes on the bars, because it seemed to change over time - however, they gave us no instructions or adjustment directions...

2019 Open Range 374BHS
2107 Chevrolet 3500HD dually
Gone campin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 10:29 AM   #56

I think the whole trailer purchase experience just boils down to luck. Your much better off if the the trailer you buy has less to go wrong with it and you fix the minor things that do go wrong it yourself. I ordered my trailer from a factory direct outlet in Indiana in 2014 and got it about $1500 cheaper than local dealers offered. I made sure the dealer in Indianna handled my license and registration in Texas. I drove up there to pick it up and by the time I got home my license tags were in the mail box waiting for me. So far, I have use the rig on two trips to Galveston, one to Port Aransas, and one to Destin Florida. That's besides three lake trips. My wife and I have been very pleased with the camper so far. Sure, the trailers not perfect and there are some things that bother me. For one the floor squeaks a little in one spot, but I don't have the time or the patience to deal with some dealer trying to fix small things under warranty. I don't have a saleman to turn to, but that's fine with me.
Old 09-26-2015, 06:49 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike837go View Post
The salesman was nearly useless.
The negotiating process took way too long (sort of expected).
The PDI was pointless. I knew almost as much as the "head" tech.
I might buy some accessories from them. But another RV? Probably not.
This describes my entire buying process from Camping World as well. They didn't even set up my hitch correctly. I will say that the general manager/sales manager are great. Our unit has been nearly flawless in the 3 years that we've had it. I'd rather fix the stuff myself than tow 75 miles back to the dealership, then home again. I have bought from there accessories shop because we're Good Sam members.
TCNashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 05:30 PM   #58

We bought our TT from RV Direct after trying to buy it from our local Camping World. We were happy with the online people that we dealt with, but the RV dealership, Tampa RV, could have been better. We told everyone we met that we needed to have our hitch install, we already had a receiver. We were ignored. We had the inspection and they thought we were ready to leave but still no hitch. Finally the person that did the inspection listen. We were also not happy with the sales manager. We had an issue with the recliners that were delivered. We were told they were going to be cloth, but they were pleather. It turned out that Jayco changed the scheme that we ordered from 2015 to 2016. We found out by calling the online rep that had helped us. The sales manager wanted to know if we could just live with it. Our answer was we could, but we was not if we were suppose to have cloth. Several other little things did not help our experience. We did like the person that did our PDI and one of the people that had prepared the TT for us. We had some questions about maintaining the roof and keeping the sides looking good and he was very helpful. Mostly just management issues we found not satisfactory.
Junmy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 09:43 PM   #59

RV Max Dallas area

Jayco and the warrenty work done went well. Now custumer service was very poor. I asked about work done and nobody was helpful on explaining. It was like get out. I'm home asking my self what the????? Its all about sales there....wow!!
Touch N Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 06:52 PM   #60

I am very satisfied with the sales staff and the dealership. Where I mark them down is in the service department. The few times I've had to call for information, they rarely have an answer. I've actually gotten much better assistance from a local RV dealer who does not sell Jayco.
mtdawg is offline   Reply With Quote