Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

View Poll Results: RV Dealer Satisfaction Poll
I am extremely satisfied with my RV dealer 173 36.73%
I am satisfied with my RV dealer 102 21.66%
I am somewhat satisfied with my RV dealer 46 9.77%
I am somewhat dissatisfied with my RV dealer 38 8.07%
I am dissatisfied with my RV dealer 31 6.58%
I am very dissatisfied with my RV dealer 34 7.22%
My RV dealer is so bad I would not wish them on my worst enemy 21 4.46%
I have not had enough experience with them yet to form an opinion 26 5.52%
Voters: 471. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-16-2018, 09:05 AM   #101

RV Dealer satisfaction poll

Well...I never thought I’d have anything positive to say about Camping World since they took over my dealership, but here’s the story:
I picked up our 5er yesterday for it’s last under warranty trip. They’ve had it since the week before Christmas. When dropping off, I had to sign my life away saying that they weren’t responsible for loss/theft while they had the RV. When I got home yesterday to hookup to the house and start loading for the weekend, I couldn’t find my portable 50 Amp Progressive EMS surge protector in my front compartment (where I always store it). I then proceeded to take everything out of the RV (thinking I might have been a dumba@* and stored it elsewhere) on the front lawn. It’s nowhere to be found. I called Camping Word last night and of course I had to leave a voice message and followed up with an email about the theft. I just got called back and didn’t have to explain or argue with them...they simply told me to come by today and pick up a new one for free??!! I was dumbfounded!

On another positive note, all my compartments are now cleaned out and reorganized!

Edit: BTW, this was Camping World in Sherman, TX.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-16-2018, 02:40 PM   #102

Great Experience, CW of Longmont, CO

I recently purchased a new 2018 Jayco Jay Flight SLX trailer from Camping World, Longmont, CO, and had a very good experience with sales reps Brent and Leonard, and also worked out a great deal in my opinion. I picked up the trailer and had no issues with the experience at all, but noticed I was missing an enclosed underbelly after I got it home, which it was supposed to have according to the Thermal Package sticker on the side of the trailer. I contacted Brent and he arranged for me to bring it back for a check. The service guys immediately verified and acknowledged it did not have the thermal package at all. They got Joe, the Sales Manager, involved immediately and they offered to swap trailers with me so I could have the full thermal package, which I agreed to. I even got a few additional upgrades that the first one didn't have but that were on the unit they had on hand to swap, and they didn't cost me any extra. I was treated extremely fairly, they resolved the issue promptly and professionally, and, so far, I'm extremely happy with the experience and the new trailer. Major kudos and thanks to Joe, the Service Dept guys, Brent and Leonard, for the great service and fair treatment.
GL243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 08:47 AM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by GL243 View Post
I recently purchased a new 2018 Jayco Jay Flight SLX trailer from Camping World, Longmont, CO, and had a very good experience with sales reps Brent and Leonard, and also worked out a great deal in my opinion. I picked up the trailer and had no issues with the experience at all, but noticed I was missing an enclosed underbelly after I got it home, which it was supposed to have according to the Thermal Package sticker on the side of the trailer. I contacted Brent and he arranged for me to bring it back for a check. The service guys immediately verified and acknowledged it did not have the thermal package at all. They got Joe, the Sales Manager, involved immediately and they offered to swap trailers with me so I could have the full thermal package, which I agreed to. I even got a few additional upgrades that the first one didn't have but that were on the unit they had on hand to swap, and they didn't cost me any extra. I was treated extremely fairly, they resolved the issue promptly and professionally, and, so far, I'm extremely happy with the experience and the new trailer. Major kudos and thanks to Joe, the Service Dept guys, Brent and Leonard, for the great service and fair treatment.
That sounds like a true best case scenario, awesome.
GrumpyDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 10:16 PM   #104

Burlington RV south of Milwaukee was good to deal with for the purchase, PDI and pick up of my Precept 35S. They took care of all the minor issues I pointed out prior to my PDI. However, since I live 5 hours away it is very unlikely I will be returning for any service work. I made my purchase in January 2017 and they wanted my Class C trade-in for an RV show in March. I agreed to drive it down then because it gave me another opportunity to look over my new coach prior to picking it up in April. They did not pay for my plane ticket but they were very accommodating and provided transportation to the airport. My DW and I picked it up in April and were treated with the utmost respect and professionalism. I would certainly consider purchasing from Burlington RV again if they have the RV I’m looking for but I guess I’m not in a good position to comment on their service after sale.
Old 02-18-2018, 10:19 AM   #105

Very disappointed

We never owned an RV before, but heard about Colerain in Ohio. We spoke on the phone many times, and felt comfortable with them. We ordered a new unit, and gave them a deposit. It went completely downhill from that point on. I would rather give up camping than ever deal with them. The day we picked up our unit there was another customer there from Pa and they were returning their new unit. They had so many problems that they refused to listen to excuses, they finally got their money back. We gave 22K for our new unit have a spend money from our pocket that should have been done under warranty. And of course no follow up at all. Once we paid for it, we had no support. Please do your research before giving them your business.
Slow and Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 10:46 AM   #106

We bought our Alante thru CW from their dealer in Tucson, AZ, drove out to get it and did the PDI inside as it was raining hard, should have insisted it be done outside as the roof leaked later that day. They did send a service truck out to fix it but couldn't find the leak (hairline crack in the fiberglass). The sales experience was fine and I got a decent price, but the service department here in Roseville, CA is the pits, long waits, ordered wrong parts, installed ladder on wrong side (no backing blocks), only fixed half of items on repair order, 'repaired' a loose toilet by sticking a plastic shim under it, 'repaired' a bad factory wiring job by just cutting the alternator charging wire to the house batteries, and so on and so on. Found me a really good independent RV repair shop that is great, will never set foot in CW again.
400 AH LiFePo4 house batt w/750 watts solar 40A charger & 2500 watt whole house Inverter.
2021 Ford Ranger 4X4 Toad
JesseS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 11:30 AM   #107

RV One

We bought our 2017 Alante in April 2017 and it's been in repair between RV one & Gator Ford more days than we've used it. I still can't get over that when I schedule warranty repairs, they have to be finished the day of the appointment or I have to take it home &schedule another visit. So each way is 109 miles, making this a little inconvenient.
twoflamingos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 01:25 PM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdk2765 View Post
Camperland of Oklahoma, in Tulsa, could not have been a better experience. From the sales rep to the tech people doing walk thru to the hitch installer to the parts department to the sales manager, and now to the service department answering my numerous remaining questions, we've had nothing but courteous, hospitable treatment. For good measure, we even got a postcard last week inviting us to a customer appreciation event in April; while we won't be there for it, it's nice to know they're doing it, and even the lady on the phone when I called to give our regrets sounded genuinely disappointed that we wouldn't be there.

Bankston Motorhomes. Nashville Tennessee and Huntsville Alabama. Great to do business with, bought 2 TT,s from them
Happy to say didn’t need to use service department as of yet, only small concerns self repaired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
stan lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 06:58 PM   #109

My wife and I are extremely satisfied with Hartville RV in Hartville, OH. Natalie spent a considerable amount of time over a couple days walking us through different models very thoroughly. We weren't sure what we wanted, so she made sure that we got a good look at everything they had. The service dept. was great with the orientation as well as making sure the WDH was adjusted properly. We had an issue with the wiring harness on our TV, and they corrected that while we were doing our paperwork. We had a minor warranty issue, and this went well also. Thanks to Hartville RV!!

2019 Whitehawk 28RL
2018 Ford F150 3.5 Ecoboost w/3.55

Dennis, Cindy, Philip, and Sarah
Ohiofinlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 08:11 PM   #110

Camping World hell

We had a horrible experience with Camping World in Albuquerque and Oklahoma City. Started to make a deal on a Hummingbird 17RK in Albuquerque but while waiting, found and confirmed that Oklahoma City had the exact model we were looking for. Cancelled the deal and made arrangements to stop in Oklahoma City the next day. Explained to the salesman what we had to trade, what we wanted and credit score, thought it would be easy. It was hell, 2:00 when we got there after 23:00 when we left, thanks to a sales team from hell. Pulled every trick you could think of and then some. I have made it clear to Camping World that we have made our first and last purchase from them.
kiptrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 10:21 AM   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow and Steady View Post
We never owned an RV before, but heard about Colerain in Ohio. We spoke on the phone many times, and felt comfortable with them. We ordered a new unit, and gave them a deposit. It went completely downhill from that point on. I would rather give up camping than ever deal with them. The day we picked up our unit there was another customer there from Pa and they were returning their new unit. They had so many problems that they refused to listen to excuses, they finally got their money back. We gave 22K for our new unit have a spend money from our pocket that should have been done under warranty. And of course no follow up at all. Once we paid for it, we had no support. Please do your research before giving them your business.
Hate to hear this since the same ownership group that owns Colerain purchased Dunlap RV, where we got ours from.
bender88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 11:52 AM   #112

They all suck, in our opinion!
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 12:02 PM   #113

Blue Dog RV in Las Vegas, worst buying experience of my life! Sold the trailer to us without actually having the title (used TT) delivered unit to use with waste tank full...not to mention a long list of communication problems. I wouldn't wish them upon my worst enemy. I have posted my story all over the internet, and filed with the BBB.
Las Vegas, NV
LVChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 02:33 PM   #114
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreinv View Post
The poll suggests otherwise. I'm sure there are some good ones out there as well as bad.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 03:53 PM   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreinv View Post
Unfair to say that unless you have had actual experience with all RV dealers everywhere. It is fair to discuss your own experiences, but blanket statements like this do no one any good, in my experience.

Personally, I'm very happy with my dealer. Odds are you have not dealt with them.

Enjoy your travels!

Roger

TV 2010 Ford F-150 Supercab
TT 2016 Jay Feather 23RLSW
rkresge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 05:18 PM   #116

Unhappy

Researched and ordered our very first RV online and had to travel from Seattle to the Hillsboro, OR Camping World to pick it up. We got the very quick walk-through and were shuffled into the finance office to fill out the extensive paperwork. We were never offered even a cup of water the whole time we were suffering through that ordeal. They gave us $50 to spend in the store and while deciding what we needed (remember, never owned an RV before) they came in and asked us to please move our rig. The salesperson I'd chatted with extensively via email spoke to us once before the paperwork and then we never saw him again, or got an email from him, just total silence.

A guy who drove the forklift to move the rigs around reminded us to watch our tail end when leaving so we wouldn't take out a lamp pole.
All in all, totally bad experience.
seafreeman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 08:55 PM   #117

All Truck and RV in Hampton, CT is an excellent family owned dealership. We purchased our first travel trailer from them (no where near the most expensive) and they treated us like royalty. The gentleman that took us on the walk through spend three hours with us going over every aspect of the TT. Knowing I hadn't towed a trailer before they took me on a towing training run taking me through the basics of towing a trailer.

Fretz RV in Sounderton, PA is another dealer we had an excellent experience with.

And in general I think Keystone RV in Greencastle, PA is a good place but our experience with them wasn't stellar due to the fact that we picked up our new TT on probably what was one of the busiest holiday weekend of the year and I felt the gentleman taking us through the walk through was under pressure to get it done quickly. We didn't let that happen but I sensed the pressure.

2018 Jayco 28RLS
2012 F-250 6.2L 3.73
Equalizer Hitch
Yamaha 2400ISHC
2edgesword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 07:48 AM   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by seafreeman3 View Post
Researched and ordered our very first RV online and had to travel from Seattle to the Hillsboro, OR Camping World to pick it up. We got the very quick walk-through and were shuffled into the finance office to fill out the extensive paperwork. We were never offered even a cup of water the whole time we were suffering through that ordeal. They gave us $50 to spend in the store and while deciding what we needed (remember, never owned an RV before) they came in and asked us to please move our rig. The salesperson I'd chatted with extensively via email spoke to us once before the paperwork and then we never saw him again, or got an email from him, just total silence.

A guy who drove the forklift to move the rigs around reminded us to watch our tail end when leaving so we wouldn't take out a lamp pole.
If that dealership handles sales in such an unfriendly manner, dealing with their service department on any warranty issues is probably a true delight.

That was good advice about watching the tail swing. I know.

2014 Greyhawk 31FK
2007 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100cc
NC Roamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 08:54 AM   #119

RV City in Leduc Alberta

I picked up my new RV yesterday. The sales experience was excellent. Glenn was knowledgable and informative. Kevin in Finance was not pushy on the extras and the walkthrough was great. They even picked up a couple of minor deficiencies to repair that I didn't notice.If the after sale service is anything like the sales experience, I will be a very "happy camper".
Sahric2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 04:44 PM   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by seafreeman3 View Post

We also purchased our 2017RB from C/W Portland Store. I had everything negotiated and arranged prior to our 2.5 hour drive from WA. I found the best way to purchase is negotiating an "out the door price", so they have no way to add hidden costs. The finance manager did however try and we stopped him cold. All in all it was an ok experience with a good price.
Building Inspector & Navy Vet.
F250dieseldad is offline   Reply With Quote